Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
people literally use it to go to places

I have someone staying tonight

an like other people requesting to stay

will this lead to a grilf-centric threesome? one can only pray to The Lord and leave it in his capable hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:firstpost:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:gas:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:smugmrgw:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

echi they will not respect your home. they will poo poo into the radiator.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyd1XzGMxOQ

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

BONGHITZ posted:

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

BONGHITZ posted:

is it a noisebridge member staying?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i have no overt objections to people using air bnb to rent out spare rooms in their homes, at least youre there to keep their behavior in check which minimizes the potential impact on neighbors

but gently caress renting out entire apartments and keeping housing off the market as illegal hotels

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i wondre how much money i could get renting out my roommate's bed while he's not here

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

mishaq posted:

i have no overt objections to people using air bnb to rent out spare rooms in their homes, at least youre there to keep their behavior in check which minimizes the potential impact on neighbors

but gently caress renting out entire apartments and keeping housing off the market as illegal hotels

i stayed in a apartment airbng in boston.it was like having a hotel room, the whole place to ourselves. i think they had some kind of airbnb network going. had their own website for it and everything. it was pretty nice

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ive statred at 80 bucks a night which is cheap as gently caress for what theya re getting but snag those early good rewviews then hike hike hike!

its the upstairs which is fully contained 2 bedroom minus any kind of laundry

BONGHITZ posted:

the gently caress is a radiator? some kind of central heating bullshit?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

the gently caress is a radiator? some kind of central heating bullshit?

does it ever feel weird when you have to do everything completely upside down on the wrong side of earth?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mishaq posted:

jealous much

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

does it ever feel weird when you have to do everything completely upside down on the wrong side of earth?

we were not blessed with any kind of natural oil or whatnot so everything in nz is electrical basically, or wood fires

a bit of gas here and there but mostly paying out the nose for heating everything with electrical resistance

whats that? a 436 dollar power bill last month? jesus christ

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

we were not blessed with any kind of natural oil or whatnot so everything in nz is electrical basically, or wood fires

a bit of gas here and there but mostly paying out the nose for heating everything with electrical resistance

ok i feel bad for saying that sorry echopnosis

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

ok i feel bad for saying that sorry echopnosis

lmao dont man

i am jealous. it took nz like until the 2000s to step up to the insulation game the americans had been playing for years

you guys will forever know a wintertime warmth only the richest of us will know

my mate just got brand new house, has underfloor heating but via heat transfer system. actually cost effective. he has it made

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Be a baller like me and rent a 5 bedroom home then rerent the other 4 rooms on airbnb and pay net negative rent in motherfucking mountain view

All for the cost of doing some extra laundry and changing sheets every now and again. You gotta clean a bit more too but that's stuff you shoulda been doing anyway.

If the check-in/out load gets too annoying just put discounts on longer stays and fill up on on 3-month interns who are desperate not to sign a real lease.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
man you ring true some good drat ideas. never thought about discounting longer stays

one thing is taht we dont offer laundry coz then theyd be sharing our luandry

still this this "money for 'nothing'" gig owns

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the people are upstairs... RIGHT NOW>??????!?!!!! wowza

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
I tell people I rent out 4/5 of the house to strangers and they're usually surprised to find out I hardly ever see them even though I spend most of my home time in the common areas.

When you're staying at an AirBNB you're pretty much either vacationing, business traveling, or doing a temporary work reassignment and thus you don't really have much cause to dole around the house.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

not quiote $436

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

not quiote $436

holy gently caress put a sweater on

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
eh its a brand new (to us, its 1973 or so) house with underfloor electric heating in part of it. everyone was like "itll be so expensive youll turn it off after the first month" and guess what.. i have

thank christ coming back into summer though. in winter need it on int he kitchen at least. lot of thigs to love about this house but cold rear end fuckin tiles in the kitche and bathroom?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Just one little thing that can make a big difference

put your head between your knees and spread your butt cheeks as wide as they will go

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis posted:

not quiote $436

#fail #failenergybill #globalwarming #failson #billblog #kony2012

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
#livinghighlife #whogaiveafuck #spendmoney247

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

even at Arizona peak heat that's 120f high and 90f low it only cost me $170 a month to cool to 70f. this month it's gonna cost me less than $100 and by November I'm going to be able to go skiing in the morning in flagstaff and be be able to hit the pool in the valley in the evening :agesilaus:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
you can reasonably use a swamp cooler in arizona

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

pram posted:

you can reasonably use a swamp cooler in arizona

idk what a swamp cooler is

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

shitface posted:

:cripes:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
gratuitously retarded

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

I just googled fireflies a swamp cooler

I didn't really though because it seems like some hick poo poo

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

the swamp thing is a bit of a giveaway

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

it's an efficient, less expensive way to keep your desert hut within tolerable heat limits, dipshit

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shitface posted:

the swamp thing is a bit of a giveaway

no fuckin poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shitface posted:

even at Arizona peak heat that's 120f high and 90f low it only cost me $170 a month to cool to 70f. this month it's gonna cost me less than $100 and by November I'm going to be able to go skiing in the morning in flagstaff and be be able to hit the pool in the valley in the evening :agesilaus:

that owns dude. just make sure you fall asleep fast enough to not ponder just how loveless your sweet rear end lifestyle is

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

shitface posted:

pram posted:

gratuitously retarded

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
jerry brown told me to set my thermostat to 76 or hes going to kick my rear end and save the delta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

lol man you suck :smugmrgw:

• Locked thread