Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
please explain what the difference is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ShadowHawk posted:

this is why I refuse to eat food from strangers kitchens or go to house parties

you're probably not spending money on food from those strangers, nor are they running a commercial cooking operation out of their own residential kitchen

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

indigi posted:

please explain what the difference is

couchsurfing is free, airbnb comes with a fee.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

midnightclimax posted:

couchsurfing is free, airbnb comes with a fee.

that sounds like a recipe for disaster

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

:gas:, grass, or rear end, nobody sleeps for free

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

indigi posted:

that sounds like a recipe for disaster

Lots of people do it, but poo poo can happen. In that sense couchsurfing is as safe as hitchhiking, probably.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

you're probably not spending money on food from those strangers, nor are they running a commercial cooking operation out of their own residential kitchen

why hasn't uber for food taken off yet anyway

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Syncopated posted:

why hasn't uber for food taken off yet anyway

thats grubhub

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

midnightclimax posted:

Lots of people do it, but poo poo can happen. In that sense couchsurfing is as safe as hitchhiking, probably.

I mean specifically a dude who offers airbnb but lets solo chicks crash in his place for free. that is not a good look. bare minimum, he has hidden cameras set up

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

indigi posted:

I mean specifically a dude who offers airbnb but lets solo chicks crash in his place for free. that is not a good look. bare minimum, he has hidden cameras set up

not hidden. first thing he showed me were half-naked pics of a japanese chick that stayed at his place.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

indigi posted:

I mean specifically a dude who offers airbnb but lets solo chicks crash in his place for free.

not victim blaming or anything here, but if this isn't an excellent test of your alarm system then you're naïve enough to be a danger to yourself.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

agreed, but then again I don't know how many people cross reference couchsurfing and airbnb. like maybe he doesn't mention he only accepts women on couchsurfing but rejects all couples or dudes who submit.

midnightclimax posted:

not hidden. first thing he showed me were half-naked pics of a japanese chick that stayed at his place.

that's awful but I guess it could have been worse? hopefully she left unviolated

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Condiv posted:

lol induction owns everything

neg

you're forgetting about plain gas

which is the best hands down no question, everything else is some degree of less than gas

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

indigi posted:

agreed, but then again I don't know how many people cross reference couchsurfing and airbnb. like maybe he doesn't mention he only accepts women on couchsurfing but rejects all couples or dudes who submit.

have you ever browsed couchsurfing? A couchsurfing profile is not too different from a dating site profile, and I'd wager a guess and say the majority of males would prefer hosting a girl instead of a guy (unless they're gay). the guy told me what he does is common practice, and I believe that's probably true.

indigi posted:

that's awful but I guess it could have been worse? hopefully she left unviolated

well he showed her around the country and they probably had a little holiday fling. still showing those pics to some random dude, eh.

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana
I am Airbnb'ing as we speak.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Otaku Alpha Male posted:

I am Airbnb'ing as we speak.

post pics of any half naked Japanese girls in the area

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana
There dont seem to be any hidden cams and I still have both of my kidneys but the wifi doesnt work which is its own type of violation

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

look at this sad only two kidney haver

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

god drat these half Japanese girls

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sniep posted:

neg

you're forgetting about plain gas

which is the best hands down no question, everything else is some degree of less than gas

perhaps for absolutely sheet amount of energy going into the pan gas might win but when it comes to turning it down, gas can't fuckin touch induction

or a wok. sorta need gas for a wok

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

echinopsis posted:

when it comes to turning it down

then use a smaller burner

gas stoves have varieties of burners that you use for differnet things

put it on the tiny simmer burner that's only 5000btu if you want to turn it down to next to zero heat

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

airbnbI mean San Francisco for Everyone: No on the Home Sharing Ban, Sponsored and Major Funding by Airbnb* mailed me four things yesterday

I've only lived one place with a gas stove and it was a super weak one so it was garbage, took like 20 minutes to boil water

*this is the actual name of them in the voter pamphlet

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i make sure to pack a spare kidney in case i have to ride the bus or stay in airbnb wherever i'm going

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

qirex posted:

airbnbI mean San Francisco for Everyone: No on the Home Sharing Ban, Sponsored and Major Funding by Airbnb* mailed me four things yesterday

I've only lived one place with a gas stove and it was a super weak one so it was garbage, took like 20 minutes to boil water

airbnb is spending a decent chunk of change on lobbyists up here in TO and it's not even particularly illegal here.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Sniep posted:

put it on the tiny simmer burner that's only 5000btu if you want to turn it down to next to zero heat

and if you had an induction range, all 4 burners would be able to be able to go to next to zero heat

induction owns bones. able to get hot as hell in seconds, able to do low heat easy, super precise heating, etc. it owns owns owns

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Condiv posted:

and if you had an induction range, all 4 burners would be able to be able to go to next to zero heat

induction owns bones. able to get hot as hell in seconds, able to do low heat easy, super precise heating, etc. it owns owns owns

yeah, let me buy a stove that locks me into a specific type of cookware or it won't work

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
electric and induction cooking's always a let down

i got...
gas: range, dryer
electric: everything else

a therm's like a dollar and i got a nice little solar system so electric's "free." the system was a couple thousand up front, and i probably gave some underpaid chinese factory worker numerous cancers, but i valued lowering my monthly expenses more

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

lol, how the hell can it get hotter. nothing is hotter than fire, its fire. heres the scale dummy

ice (coldest possible) ------- people tempeture -------- fire (hottest possible)

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

what if you set the fire on fire

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

duTrieux. posted:

yeah, let me buy a stove that locks me into a specific type of cookware or it won't work

lmao by "specific" cookware you mean you can't use aluminium pans?

i had to get a special non-stick coz non-stick has to be alloy so this one had a steel base mechanically stuck to the pan but eveyrthing else works fine.

including cast iron pans and enamel dutch ovens

Sniep posted:

my experience is that regardless how much ive turned down even the lowest burner i will still burn onions or milk onto the pan or something

i was 100% sold on induction after using it for a very short time. if i was installing a kitchen i wouldnt have anything but. if i want fire... i would use an outdoor bbq

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
my caveman brain likes having fire in the house

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

echinopsis posted:

lmao by "specific" cookware you mean you can't use aluminium pans?

i had to get a special non-stick coz non-stick has to be alloy so this one had a steel base mechanically stuck to the pan but eveyrthing else works fine.

including cast iron pans and enamel dutch ovens

my experience is that regardless how much ive turned down even the lowest burner i will still burn onions or milk onto the pan or something

i was 100% sold on induction after using it for a very short time. if i was installing a kitchen i wouldnt have anything but. if i want fire... i would use an outdoor bbq

this

induction allows for real cheap, real accurate heating. i got an induction hot plate for less than 100 euro, and it's one of the best purchases i ever made (lol at using the french plates built-in in my apartment)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

lol, how the hell can it get hotter. nothing is hotter than fire, its fire. heres the scale dummy

ice (coldest possible) ------- people tempeture -------- fire (hottest possible)

induction is like the fire happens within the pan itself. its the best kind of fire

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

i set my burners by flame height and color as im intricately familiar with my kitchen and profoundly autistic

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

every time ive made coffee on an induction or electric stove it's sucked. gas? perfect coffee. always

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

that's because you have better heat control. when you adjust the flame the heat immediatelyu changes withou thaving to wait

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
do you even understand how induction works??

induction is as instant, what holds you back is the heat retention of the pan/pot whatever

also coffee on the stove? what in the ever loving gently caress

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Triglav posted:

i set my burners by flame height and color as im intricately familiar with my kitchen and profoundly autistic

so you're comparing a kitchen cooker you are intimately familiar with against tools you aren't??

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

echinopsis posted:

also coffee on the stove? what in the ever loving gently caress

lol, look at this guy who doesn't know about turkish coffee and moka pots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:qq:

• Locked thread