Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

i dont think spiders live that long

:rip: bathroom spider we had some good times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
How much for the spider op

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

The Goatfather posted:

i had a spider that i allowed to live in my bathroom all summer. every time i took a shower she'd come down from her web to drink from the splatter on the shower walls and look at my dick but she left a couple of days ago :(

i had one who made a web between my bathroom sink and the wall and he kept me company in the morning while i shaved etc but at night he was usually out somewhere :shobon:

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
I mainly have jumping spiders at my house. Cute lil buggers. drat hard to move them out of harms way when the wife sees them and demands bloodshed though

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Look at this beast! I don't know what he's got in that web but he's apparently been eating the poo poo out of it.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

That is a fine spider.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I have had some fine spiders, bathroom, livingroom, hallway, in my time. This one is a top-notch spider. OP, DON'T gently caress IT UP!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

gnarlyhotep posted:

I have had some fine spiders, bathroom, livingroom, hallway, in my time. This one is a top-notch spider. OP, DON'T gently caress IT UP!

Reginald is under strict protection, there was some poseur spider that I spotted tonight near Reginald and I killed the poo poo out him. This is Reginald territory, bitch.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Right the gently caress on. Pics would be good.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Look at this lame, lovely spider... oh wait, you can't because I crushed the gently caress out of him for being a foot away from boss rear end Reginald...

edit: I left the corpse there to remind other spiders whose territory this is.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 16, 2015

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

OctoberBlues posted:

Look at this lame, lovely spider... oh wait, you can't because I crushed the gently caress out of him for being a foot away from boss rear end Reginald...

edit: I left the corpse there to remind other spiders whose territory this is.

Oh so you killed him?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I killed the lame spider that was wandering around Reginald's area... Reginald would have taken care of it eventually but I wanted to save him the time.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

OctoberBlues posted:

I killed the lame spider that was wandering around Reginald's area... Reginald would have taken care of it eventually but I wanted to save him the time.

you jackass

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
what if that was reginald's spider booty call, OP? you might have just killed the poo poo out of the spider he wanted to spider marry and have thousands of beautiful spider children with

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
GOD drat IT OctoberBlues, we finally got some mod support in this loving trout country and you had to go and piss him off

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If Regi is ever going to be the hot new thing in GBS he has to be marketable, so that means don't go showing spider corpses you smashed up!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

This is Reginald country, I'm not running a spider hotel here!

That other spider was a different, slightly larger type of spider, I did what needed to be done.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Just take it out of the house!! We can't have a scandal tank our chances before regi even gets off the ground!

I mean off the ground the other way.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

hemale in pain posted:

i dont think spiders live that long

Spiders live for several years. Some tarantulas live for more than 20 years in captivity.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Spiders live for several years. Some tarantulas live for more than 20 years in captivity.

Do they go grey headed and yell at younger spiders to get off their web

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Do they go grey headed and yell at younger spiders to get off their web

They do start balding when they're old

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

OctoberBlues posted:

Doesn't seem all that cool to me? Not sure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDfH3vYlIk

its no reggae pigeon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3SQepCfGqo

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Well, it seems Reginald was a fan of me killing that other spider.

The other spider was seen leaving it's web that was about a foot away from Reginald (I hadn't noticed it before last night) and we all know what happened.

But today I discovered that Reginald had abandoned his old home and is now taking up residence where the other spider used to live! Which seems kind of weird to me but that little guy can do whatever he wants I guess. It's harder to get clear pictures of him here though.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

OctoberBlues posted:

Well, it seems Reginald was a fan of me killing that other spider.

The other spider was seen leaving it's web that was about a foot away from Reginald (I hadn't noticed it before last night) and we all know what happened.

But today I discovered that Reginald had abandoned his old home and is now taking up residence where the other spider used to live! Which seems kind of weird to me but that little guy can do whatever he wants I guess. It's harder to get clear pictures of him here though.

hes protesting you murdering his brother there.... you monster....

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Nah, it was a different species of spider, which is why it's weird (to me) that Reginald has taken over it's web. Him and that other dude weren't ever going to have any kind of positive interaction.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
fuckin lazy rear end spiders man. yeah i can literally make a home for myself with my rear end but no let me just take over this other one cause fuckit effort

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

OctoberBlues posted:

Nah, it was a different species of spider, which is why it's weird (to me) that Reginald has taken over it's web. Him and that other dude weren't ever going to have any kind of positive interaction.

lookin at these two you might swear up and down that they're different species but nope, male and female of the same species

you probably killed regina and now reginald is moping around the web he was going to share with her and their 2k beautiful children :(

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
it's high time the OP was charged with spider crime

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

lookin at these two you might swear up and down that they're different species but nope, male and female of the same species

you probably killed regina and now reginald is moping around the web he was going to share with her and their 2k beautiful children :(

Those are at least the same shape though. This spider was weirdly oval shaped, I thought it was a baby centipede at first - I highly doubt it and Reginald were even in the same family of spiders. Even if you were right, it's not like Reginald is hurting for mates, he'd probably be going out with one of his side-spides tonight.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
god drat it octoberblues, you better make sure to send me your address so i can take care of regi when these guys end up charging you with spider crime and you go to spider prison

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

My toilet spider is called Heronymus. He is a Wolfspider and his body about 3cm big, with cute fuzzy legs.

Reginald is a good name for a spider, congrats!

Post good spider names ITT.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

mods ban this piece of poo poo

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It's day 9 of Reginald watch! As you can see, he has made himself at home in this new web, and he is sprawled out and chilling. It's a bit more of a pain in the rear end to get a picture of him in the new spot, perhaps that is why he moved, being that extra foot out of the way might have seemed advantageous to our little buddy.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

OctoberBlues posted:

It's day 9 of Reginald watch! As you can see, he has made himself at home in this new web, and he is sprawled out and chilling. It's a bit more of a pain in the rear end to get a picture of him in the new spot, perhaps that is why he moved, being that extra foot out of the way might have seemed advantageous to our little buddy.

You better hope to god he stays safe

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

gnarlyhotep posted:

You better hope to god he stays safe

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i would like to announce the reginald the spider fan art contest. if you draw fan art of reginald your reward is you will not be eaten when our little guy gets bigger

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Reginald has once again positioned himself in a way that makes it hard to take a picture but here he is, probably plotting my demise.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
I remeber watching something on discovery channel back in the day about either alien worlds or what might happen in the far future after humans are long gone and the segment was about spiders. They would start being communal at some point like ants and grow to football size or larger with webs that would stretch from one side of a canyon to the other to catch large prey. It was awesome and a little scary. Also they would develop shiny exoskeletons to blind flying prey.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

OctoberBlues posted:

Do u have andy idea how arachnophobic u sound right now? Jesus...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Reginald is really stretching out tonight, he looks healthy and strong.

• Locked thread