Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
a shameful spider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Avocados posted:

I hope Reginald has sex with OP's girlfriend.

hell yeah let it happen OP so we can have spider human hybrids that will loving own

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Apparently spiders can live for a couple years although they usually die after some bangin.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I hope reggie decides to be celibate so he can live forever

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I wonder what little Reginald is up to this evening. :smith:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he's dying in a house fire, OP.

why did you leave him. why did you leeeeeeave

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
He's probably being evicted from his web by larger spiders. The other spiders in the house won't forget about their friend you murdered OP.

Expect to get pics of your dead spider friend from an anonymous contact.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I spoke to Reggie.

He said he was just chillin' and watching Netflix.

Your house is going to be a loving sticky wreck. God knows he can pull mad tail.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Jack2142 posted:

Apparently spiders can live for a couple years although they usually die after some bangin.

Male spoders tend to die after tgeir adulthood molt. Their sex organs are in their pedipalps and they get bigger after spider puberty. Unfortunately this means that they can't escape a molt as an adult.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

quote:

Reginald the spider

I loving KNEW IT, this is all an elaborate PG Wodehouse reference!!

gently caress you, OP, for making us believe in this spider

e: i have been informed the character's name is Roderick Spode. please ignore my outburst

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
your outburst will not be forgiven, i am afraid pope reginald might have to excommunicate you

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
OP why dont youtake this time to research regnialds specific species so that you can get a better understanding what makes him tick?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Smash it Smash hit posted:

OP why dont youtake this time to research regnialds specific species so that you can get a better understanding what makes him tick?

I didn't have any idea what he might be, but someone earlier mentioned a cobweb spider, and that seems about right. I would like to do some more research on that... Oh, also, I am back and Reginald is way the gently caress on the outskirts of his web, he probably had to quick run back to his web when he heard the door opening. God only knows what I'll find... Picture of our buddy Reginald coming soon!

edit: Cobweb spiders apparently live 1-3 years, so if that is what Reginald is, he has a long and prosperous life ahead of him.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 5, 2015

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Look at this magnificent SOB!

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
Rock on you crazy spider

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

I loving KNEW IT, this is all an elaborate PG Wodehouse reference!!

gently caress you, OP, for making us believe in this spider

e: i have been informed the character's name is Roderick Spode. please ignore my outburst

I forgive you, but PG Wodehouse is cool and Reginald agrees.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Male spoders tend to die after tgeir adulthood molt. Their sex organs are in their pedipalps and they get bigger after spider puberty. Unfortunately this means that they can't escape a molt as an adult.

A lot of spider species insert then detach their pedipalps when they mate. That's right, they gently caress so righteously that they literally break their poo poo off in a girl.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Node posted:

What a piece of poo poo. gently caress you Reginald.

I'm with this guy. Never trust a spider.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Retail Slave posted:

I'm with this guy. Never trust a spider.

I will be respectful because I recognize you from SAS, but Reginald is not that kind of spider. He is a cool and good spider.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Hey Reginald.

Soon.

Node fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 5, 2015

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Someone ban this triggering filth ^^^

My cousin drove me to the mall today and I noticed that there was a spider web on his wing mirror while we were speeding on the freeway. I said to him I said "hey you got a spider over there" and he replied that it was Baxter the spider, and he'd been living in the mirror for the last month. Another cousin who was in the front was smoking and ashed out the window, and his ash got caught in the spider web. At 90km/hr Baxter came out to suck the disoolved juices out of whatever fell in his web and was disappointed to discover it was cigarette ash. However he didn't look dumb since it was metal that he did it at highway speed.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Node posted:

Hey Reginald.

Soon.

lol yeah I'll be glad to stomp your rear end with the ban boot

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I'm about to take this thread to a whole new level.

First off, I apologize, I started taking pictures of Reginald without the flash because I was afraid it might freak him out and he doesn't deserve that. After the first couple times doing this, I didn't even think about it again and kept taking non flash pictures. Well, tonight I accidentally took a picture with the flash and Reginald didn't give a single gently caress. And it produced a picture that is like 1080p compared to those non flash pictures.

So here, have your first "real" look at Reginald:

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Reginald can handle the paparazzi.

How big is he? It's hard to get a sense of scale from the photos. He looks about an inch long, is that pretty close?

Rob Haldorson
Aug 16, 2014

Wild T posted:

Reginald can handle the paparazzi.

How big is he? It's hard to get a sense of scale from the photos. He looks about an inch long, is that pretty close?

Nah, he looks about the width of the grout between the tile. I'm guessing 1/4" or so.

Rob Haldorson fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Nov 6, 2015

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Yeah, Reginald is a tiny little dude, I'd say 1/4" sounds about right.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
The paparazzi?

Bitch please, Reggie could handle a Kardashian.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

just wanted to say congrats on your bomb rear end spider op

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm centipede man I will release my house centipedes into your home! PREPARE YOURSELF.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Reginald is not afraid of your centipedes. He will use his halloween costume to trick them into thinking he is a centipede and then when they least expect it he will strike!

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

drat good spide OP

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Reginald is sure enjoying all of the love from the thread. To show his appreciation, he did a little dance for you all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU5o785OpFg

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

OctoberBlues posted:

Reginald is sure enjoying all of the love from the thread. To show his appreciation, he did a little dance for you all.

damnit reggie, ur so cool

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Reginald is kind of tired after his dancing, so he's just relaxing tonight.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

OctoberBlues posted:

!!!!

hate hoot
Nov 7, 2012
I have a centipede in my apartment but it is not as chill as Reginald. The first time I saw it I made it a deal, that I would let it stay (and live) if it kept out of my sight. But I have seen it multiple times since then and done nothing so now this centipede probably thinks it can walk all over me.

What if it actually walks all over me? :ohdear:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

hate hoot posted:

I have a centipede in my apartment but it is not as chill as Reginald. The first time I saw it I made it a deal, that I would let it stay (and live) if it kept out of my sight. But I have seen it multiple times since then and done nothing so now this centipede probably thinks it can walk all over me.

What if it actually walks all over me? :ohdear:

It probably does while you are sleeping. Centipedes are considered good house insects because they eat all other insects, but that means your centipede might be eating what could be your Reginald. :smith:

I think we can all agree that spiders are superior to centipedes, right? I mean, it's not even close...

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I dunno man, spiders, 8 legs, centipedes, ??? a fuckload

don't even get started on millipedes

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Spiders should be judged not by their number of legs, but by the content of their character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hate hoot
Nov 7, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

that means your centipede might be eating what could be your Reginald. :smith:

I think we can all agree that spiders are superior to centipedes, right? I mean, it's not even close...

I have a spider too, I think. It sometimes rapels down from the ceiling on a single filament and tries to land on my laptop. I think it might be trying to post on the forums.

• Locked thread