Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Dr. Ben Carson recently asserted that if guns had not been confiscated from Jews then Hitler would have had more trouble orchestrating the Holocaust.

Jonathan Greenblatt, National Director of the Anti-Defamation Leauge, quickly objected, stating that there were few firearms available to Jews in Germany in 1938 and that surrendering them did not measurably contribute to the totalitarian power of the Nazi German state.

Ben Carson is right, and Jonathan Greenblatt is wrong.

For the record, I have hosted a fundraiser for Dr. Carson, but I was also born a Jew and have studied the Holocaust. And I have spoken before the Anti-Defamation League in the past.

The wisest answer to a government that insists its citizens disarm is, “Over my dead body.”

What Greenblatt fails to account for is that the surrendering of firearms by Jews when required to by Nazi authorities was not merely the surrender of guns and ammunition. Those material items would not have been sufficient to defend against the Third Reich’s military.

The mindset that Jews surrendered with their guns is far more important than the hardware they turned over: They surrendered the demonstrated intention, at all costs, to resist being deprived of liberty. If Jews in Germany had more actively resisted the Nazi party or the Nazi regime and had diagnosed it as a malignant and deadly cancer from the start, there would, indeed, have been a chance for the people of that country and the world to be moved to action by their bold refusal to be enslaved.

Yes, that would have required immeasurable courage. Yes, that would have required unspeakable losses. But is that not the lesson of the Old Testament? Does not Abraham bind his son Issac to an altar, willing to sacrifice his son’s life to God’s Word—to the truth? Must not we all be ready to sacrifice ourselves to stand in the way of evil?

Granted, I was not there. Granted, hindsight is 20/20. But it turns out it was a bad idea for any Jew to have turned over a gun. It was a bad idea for any Jew to have boarded a train. It was a bad idea for any Jew to have passed through a gate into a camp. It was a bad idea for any Jew to do any work at any such camp. It was a bad idea for any Jew to not attempt to crush the skull or scratch out the eyes of any Nazi who turned his back for one moment. And every bullet that would have been fired into a Nazi coming to a doorway to confiscate a gun from a Jew would have been a sacred bullet.

To me, Jonathan Greenblatt seems to have forgotten those iconic words, “Never Again.” Thank God that men like Ben Carson remind us of them.

The wisest answer to a government that insists its citizens disarm is, “Over my dead body.” It would seem to be the end of any discussion and the beginning of active, heroic resistance. Because it is very hard to imagine that disempowering citizens by having them render themselves defenseless can lead to anything good. It is very likely a sign that the culture has fallen ill and that an epidemic of enslavement of one kind or another is on the horizon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
:pwn:

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
It's true.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

remember are heroes and support are troups

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
NOT! get it?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

does this mean that the jews let world war ii happen?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Mr. Pumroy posted:

totes brah

Hitler was right after all

Twazuk
Oct 3, 2010
poo poo op trim that poo poo down I ain't got time to read that.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
A self-loathing jew blaming the jews for the holocaust. Good for that guy.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
tbh fascists will take the guns away from everyone they can before they go all in, that's like one of their faction special stratagems or something

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

quote:

But it turns out it was a bad idea for any Jew to have turned over a gun. It was a bad idea for any Jew to have boarded a train. It was a bad idea for any Jew to have passed through a gate into a camp. It was a bad idea for any Jew to do any work at any such camp. It was a bad idea for any Jew to not attempt to crush the skull or scratch out the eyes of any Nazi who turned his back for one moment. And every bullet that would have been fired into a Nazi coming to a doorway to confiscate a gun from a Jew would have been a sacred bullet.

I like how this part makes it seem like giving up their guns is equivalent to being put through the holocaust. Like because the jews gave up guns or something, they basically chose to get on the trains and go to death camps and be massacred.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

when will jews apologize for failing to crush nazi germany? frankly it seems that this is overdue

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
People are right to take up arms against internment and deportation. Open borders- free trade - one labor market. No Justice. No Peace.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

original article http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/10/09/ben-carson-is-right-about-jews-holocaust-and-guns.html

"they're never gonna turn me into a vanilla envelope" what haha

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
but to say the guns were confiscated means the jews were loaded with guns to begin with

argument destroyed

jews had guns and it didnt help at all get hosed carson

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

So when the Trump police start busting down doors to round up suspected Mexicans to put them in holding camps until they can be deported, this same person will advocate the use of maiming and lethal force on those government sanctioned employees?

Concentration Camp - "a guarded compound for the detention or imprisonment of aliens, members of ethnic minorities, political opponents, etc."

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

like i'm gonna disagree with a neurosurgeon

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Mr. Pumroy posted:

basically saying "the holocaust only happened because the jews didn't FIGHT IT HARD ENOUGH" yes

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I love the irony of right wingers today comparineverythi to hitter when their entire ideology is literally ripped straight out of Mein Kampf except with "liberals" replacing the "der Jude"

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
wait how could the Jews have prevented something that never happened now I'm confused :confused:

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Let me explain how liberals are using Marxism to undermine our national pride, sovereignty, cohesion, values, and economy. Der liberal is sneaky, while most of our great nation abhors their perverse ideology, they successfully infiltrate our schools, government, and media and push their agenda of international Marxism. The ideology of der liberal is fundamentally at odds with the values of our nation. You see, they are a lot like Adolf Hitler. No, I haven't read Mein Kampf and I have no intention to!

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

:laugh:

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Three Olives posted:

Dr. Ben Carson recently asserted that if guns had not been confiscated from Jews then Hitler would have had more trouble orchestrating the Holocaust.

Jonathan Greenblatt, National Director of the Anti-Defamation Leauge, quickly objected, stating that there were few firearms available to Jews in Germany in 1938 and that surrendering them did not measurably contribute to the totalitarian power of the Nazi German state.

Ben Carson is right, and Jonathan Greenblatt is wrong.

For the record, I have hosted a fundraiser for Dr. Carson, but I was also born a Jew and have studied the Holocaust. And I have spoken before the Anti-Defamation League in the past.

The wisest answer to a government that insists its citizens disarm is, “Over my dead body.”

What Greenblatt fails to account for is that the surrendering of firearms by Jews when required to by Nazi authorities was not merely the surrender of guns and ammunition. Those material items would not have been sufficient to defend against the Third Reich’s military.

The mindset that Jews surrendered with their guns is far more important than the hardware they turned over: They surrendered the demonstrated intention, at all costs, to resist being deprived of liberty. If Jews in Germany had more actively resisted the Nazi party or the Nazi regime and had diagnosed it as a malignant and deadly cancer from the start, there would, indeed, have been a chance for the people of that country and the world to be moved to action by their bold refusal to be enslaved.

Yes, that would have required immeasurable courage. Yes, that would have required unspeakable losses. But is that not the lesson of the Old Testament? Does not Abraham bind his son Issac to an altar, willing to sacrifice his son’s life to God’s Word—to the truth? Must not we all be ready to sacrifice ourselves to stand in the way of evil?

Granted, I was not there. Granted, hindsight is 20/20. But it turns out it was a bad idea for any Jew to have turned over a gun. It was a bad idea for any Jew to have boarded a train. It was a bad idea for any Jew to have passed through a gate into a camp. It was a bad idea for any Jew to do any work at any such camp. It was a bad idea for any Jew to not attempt to crush the skull or scratch out the eyes of any Nazi who turned his back for one moment. And every bullet that would have been fired into a Nazi coming to a doorway to confiscate a gun from a Jew would have been a sacred bullet.

To me, Jonathan Greenblatt seems to have forgotten those iconic words, “Never Again.” Thank God that men like Ben Carson remind us of them.

The wisest answer to a government that insists its citizens disarm is, “Over my dead body.” It would seem to be the end of any discussion and the beginning of active, heroic resistance. Because it is very hard to imagine that disempowering citizens by having them render themselves defenseless can lead to anything good. It is very likely a sign that the culture has fallen ill and that an epidemic of enslavement of one kind or another is on the horizon.

This but unironically.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
its funny how the militaristic proto-fascists want guns to protect themselves from the government and the goons convinced they are literal slaves in an oligarchy and lust for violent revolution want them all taken away

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
funny peculiar maybe

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
the jews hid in attics like cowards while christian blood spilled in the streets to save them. and what did we get in return? jerry lewis, et al.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

wouldn't that have just resulted in the jews getting shot instead of gassed?

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Uncle Wemus posted:

or bombed, like the us does to its armed undesirables

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Uncle Wemus posted:

yes, that is the glaringly obvious problem with the whole suggestion.

wolf blitzer served carson real a softball when he asked him to clarify if 6 million jews would still have died if they had all had guns (because they would have, and answering something to the effect of "probably but at least they'd go down firing" would have remained remarkably callous and typical republican toughguy posturing, but at least makes SOME logical sense), but Carson really went out of his way to prove how dumb he is.

carson, sweating, rubs his nipples gently
"no u cant push some1 around when they have a gun, jews were pretty much asking 4 it look at how they were dressed little dirty sluts filthy nasty little whores asking for it begging for it hehehe"
*someone points a gun at him*
"Oh pardon me good sir I believe you want to speak to the man sitting behind the cash register hehehehe"

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This is why America got its rear end kicked in Iraq, every household had a gun.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
there werent even that many jews in germany because anti-semitism was kind of a thing even before hitler. there were lots of jews in poland and a lot of them had guns and shot nazis and they died too!

what i' m saying is

YOU FORGOT POLAND

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

All ideas are terrible and we all die in the end.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Mercrom posted:

its funny how the militaristic proto-fascists want guns to protect themselves from the government and the goons convinced they are literal slaves in an oligarchy and lust for violent revolution want them all taken away

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Hitler nearly conquered Europe because literally no one tried to use a gun against the nazis until the American invasion at Normandy which worked because we had More Guns

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Uncle Wemus posted:

they would not just stand there and let them shoot them

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Banning guns won't work because if you really want to kill someone you could use s knife or even a screwdriver.

Also, the government wants to ban guns because you will then be rendered defenseless like the Jews

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Actually, German Jews all kept their guns illegally, because banning guns only works for law abiding citizens and criminals are going to crime no matter what.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is this a Taint Reaper thread? I want to know what meme to post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Banning guns won't work because if you really want to kill someone you could use s knife or even a screwdriver.

Also, the government wants to ban guns because you will then be rendered defenseless like the Jews

The jews were not defenseless though. THey let ww2 happen because they could have used their jew claws or shapeshifting powers to escape.

• Locked thread