Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i've got a p cool aircraft cable thing that i use as a keyring

it's bendy and easy to undo and was like a buck

i had one of those. over time a few of the strands began to fray and stab me near the screw-claspso watch out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
phone, keys, wallet

backpack full of poo poo

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
samsung galaxy s5 that i'm loving sick of and thinking of going back to a flip phone

keys with a gerber shard multitool that does nothing but scratch up other poo poo in my pocket, a usb stick with nothing on it, and a Cross Ion pen that's been my longest-owned pen ever and almost never gets used

but also an Elephant Wallet, which i recommend

on days when i'm carrying my work laptop, i've also got a leatherman skeletool that actually DOES get used, a both-ear bluetooth headset that i loving love, folding headphones formerly used to drown out the assholes in the cube farm but now I have an office so whatever, and i think that's it.

and as i list all of this out and admit to myself how useless most of it is, i'm going to go cry and throw it all out

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

when I'm at the office I just have my rfid card in my pocket but if I'm stepping out for lunch or a meeting then I'll take my phone (iPhone 6s) and my wallet (or maybe just a few bucks or my debit card, it depends)

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

let me post what i put in my pockets when i leave the house, surely this is interesting information

great posts everyone!!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i keep a leatherman micro on my keychain

mostly it's useful for making me go back to my car after it gets flagged going thru security into government buildings

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i have a bazooka in my back pocket just in case

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

froward posted:

nobody carries a :420:? or a coke vial? wow yospos ur cleaner than i thought
lol if u don't keep a selection of artisanal meth pipes in ur office desk

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
what about a crucifix that has a chamber for coke hidden in it

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
yeah, i carry. got my 2 guns w/ me right now 'smatter of fact
*kisses left bicep, and then kisses right bicept*

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I conceal carry my impressive wiener.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

maniacdevnull posted:

do things like belt and watch count in this thread? because if so lol at all the little kids itt not wearing a belt.

if your sweat pants don't have a drawstring then I don't know what to tell you man

maybe get some technical skills so you can work at a more casual office environment

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
my on-call go-bag:

laptop, laptop charger, phone charger, external battery pack, usb cables, ethernet cable

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i walked in to work without a bag because i didn't need anything and got poo poo from literally everyone. asking me if I forgot anything, or if I stayed at a hotel or all kinds of random poo poo.

so now i just bring an empty messenger bag in with me every day and it stays in my car.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i walked in to work without a bag because i didn't need anything and got poo poo from literally everyone. asking me if I forgot anything, or if I stayed at a hotel or all kinds of random poo poo.

so now i just bring an empty messenger bag in with me every day and it stays in my car.

lol

i have a nice leather messenger bag that i fill w/ comic books to read on the train

it's fun to carry around and feel like an important business adult

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i dont carry any bag into my work. i keep all my work crap on my work drives google drive... whci is LITERALLY the point.. of using.. cloud/.... services. not having to schlep poo poo. which i dont.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
heres my everyday carry: my wallet, keys, and cell phone. peace

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
hehe im just thinking about it and its my [everyday] and also [every day] wow. whoa.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
half mast. half staff. poassive voice. kerning. copy. columns. thus concludes my review of college newspaper

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
my office has a rule in the handbook specifically against bringing any kinda weapon to work

how do i get the aclu involved w/ this violation of my right to defend myself against homeless minorities

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

what about a crucifix that has a chamber for coke hidden in it

its a weed pipe but the secret i dont use it for smoking the weed but it transfers to a cross (its a secret feature) so you can pray to the patron saint of tracert when you need the network to connect to impress your boss

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

I have a pen in my pocket when I am at work

I find it handy. wanna write something or sign something? just pull it out. I have to sign poo poo hundreds of times a day that's my job

also when showij people poo poo I tend to pull it out and show them with the pen not my finger like some kind of ape-man

same. i have a lamy safari fountain pen and i enjoy refilling it with different types of ink every couple weeks

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

it ain't heavy, it's my Brother

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Smythe posted:

half mast. half staff. poassive voice. kerning. copy. columns. thus concludes my review of college newspaper

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

my office has a rule in the handbook specifically against bringing any kinda weapon to work

how do i get the aclu involved w/ this violation of my right to defend myself against homeless minorities
open-carry a dildo

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

leave it in your car so it can get stolen and used in a hobo tweaker murder

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

same. i have a lamy safari fountain pen and i enjoy refilling it with different types of ink every couple weeks

lnao really

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

fart simpson posted:

cool post, fag bitch. STFU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I have a wallet but sometimes I leave it in the car. always the phone though. always...

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the only non-normal thing I carry almost every day is my camera and sometimes a backup usb battery

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

julian assflange posted:

I have a wallet but sometimes I leave it in the car. always the phone though. always...

i also leave my wallet in the car. in plain sight though, with hundred dollar bills leaking out. the catch? i also fill my car with poison gas and wasps.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Smythe posted:

i also leave my wallet in the car. in plain sight though, with hundred dollar bills leaking out. the catch? i also fill my car with poison gas and wasps.

so a beekepers uniform and gas mask are part of your edc, this fits my smythe mental model

qirex fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 12, 2015

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
pockets:
phone
keys
wallet
earbuds
pen

messenger bag:
87-key mech keyboard
kindle
surface pro 2
Mini laser mouse
Micro USB cable

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Lol @ taking a keyboard everywhere because your precious fingers are to sensitive to type on anything less than the finest plastic

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

qirex posted:

leave it in your car so it can get stolen and used in a hobo tweaker murder

god bless san francisco

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

Lol @ taking a keyboard everywhere because your precious fingers are to sensitive to type on anything less than the finest plastic

take a white cloth sometime and wipe across a communal keyboard

for bonus points, culture whatever you get in a petri dish

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

duTrieux. posted:

god bless san francisco

the gun used to kill that canadian tourist in gg park and a couple days later a guy hiking in marin was stolen from an unlocked car

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

duTrieux. posted:

take a white cloth sometime and wipe across a communal keyboard

for bonus points, culture whatever you get in a petri dish

this would end with gross results regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

qirex posted:

the gun used to kill that canadian tourist in gg park and a couple days later a guy hiking in marin was stolen from an unlocked car

i hope that the owner of the gun is charged for (at a minimum) reckless endangermenajshahahhahahhhaha

• Locked thread