Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

critics new vids are p.funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Spoony used to be the best channel awesome content producer. I used to watch Brad Jones but I don't get his humor at all, and the lovely camera gimmick got old

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bump. gently caress yeah new Nos.Crit

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bump.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

Sorry, double post. Forgive me

no worries, happens to the best of us.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

no worries, happens to the best of us.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I don't believe this for an instant

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

He likes Steven Universe

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

max4me posted:

He likes Steven Universe

And?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Unless NC has completely restructured his format and character there is no way his new stuff is good.

I mostly watched a few of his videos because they were based on things I remembered as a kid but basically just grimaced through his terrible comedy/personality to see what he thought about the stuff. Then he started putting in these weird horrible stories involving his characters that I could not give a gently caress about and now it looks like he just does current things.

AVGN was doing the goofy stories in his videos for a while but it seems like he's mostly cut that out in his recent stuff.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I liked his take down of nicktoons doug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Dci5eKgA0

Seems roger is gay.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Junior Jr. posted:

I just saw a new spoony video (which he uploads once in a blue moon) and it was horrifying. The man is slowly turning into DarkSydePhil.

He's been doing his own 'DSP tries it' series of videos for a while now and the state of him and his internet career seems to be getting worse all the time.

jesus loving christ he looks like death warmed over.

hated spoony even when he was more popular, but legit he should start watching his health and hygiene. god drat

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Please Spoony don't do a Jewario. :ohdear:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Unshaved Moose posted:

It's funny cause he make fun of lovely movies, but then he went out and made even shittier movies (if you can even call them that)

Actually his movies are hilarious. Believe it or not I actually have Kickassia on display in my living room.

EDIT: Just saw on Instagram NC's doing a review of my favourite film of 2016: Ghostbusters! Awesome.

Retarded_Clown_ fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 28, 2016

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

lol this lady looks like she's taking a dump

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

facebook jihad posted:

His videos where he plays games with AVGN are pretty bad. Like AVGN is pretty chill and poo poo but you can tell NC is trying really hard to contain his weird. I don't like them.

I guess he got a video struck from YouTube because it's been recommending some video of his where he complains about YT but gently caress me if I'm going to watch it

i dont get thst vibe at all. all i see is two friends having a good time.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ronnie posted:

Please Spoony don't do a Jewario. :ohdear:

I forgot about this guy. He was even sadder looking than the rest of the crew, and he blew his brains out I think ?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Channel Awesome is a hilarious train wreck and I'm glad almost everyone who was a part of it has had their careers fall to shambles.

The ones who are "surviving" are even worse, because they are just beholden to their patreon views and they have die-hard supporters who will somehow pay them money to try and watch their videos before they are inevitably taken down. The Nostalgia Chick made friends with Mara Wlson and crawled up her own rear end and died, the music guy only does patreon videos now...

Brad Jones still does stuff but he was never terribly funny on his own. He just had a great voice.

As it turns out the Internet Critic thing was a fad and none of these chuckleheads had any idea how to transition it to a real career.

EDIT: The Internet Critic Discussion Thread is the saddest thread on these forums

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What happened to the nostalgia chick ? I remember she had one or two videos and disappeared. Something something feminism too I think ?

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
dan da ra dan dadan dan da da ran da dan

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

unpacked robinhood posted:

What happened to the nostalgia chick ? I remember she had one or two videos and disappeared. Something something feminism too I think ?

She still does videos, but just on youtube now, and under her real name not nostalgia chic. Like most smart people she left the nostalgia critics toxic umbrella.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

JB50 posted:

She still does videos, but just on youtube now, and under her real name not nostalgia chic. Like most smart people she left the nostalgia critics toxic umbrella.

i think you meant she left *star wars nooooooo* nostalgia critics *chuck norriiiis* toxic umbrella. *of course!*

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Michael Jackson posted:

i think you meant she left *star wars nooooooo* nostalgia critics *chuck norriiiis* toxic umbrella. *of course!*

Dont forget the smiling alligator thing or whatever the gently caress that was that he tried to make a "thing".

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

JB50 posted:

Dont forget the smiling alligator thing or whatever the gently caress that was that he tried to make a "thing".

big lipped alligator moment!

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
There's something in me that wants to document or make a mockumentary of how low these internet critics have fallen since they started.

But then again it seems more like a waste of time.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Junior Jr. posted:

There's something in me that wants to document or make a mockumentary of how low these internet critics have fallen since they started.

nah, just point a camera towards a wall and tell us what happened. it takes what, 20 minutes top?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Junior Jr. posted:

I'd waste my time watching it tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I remember when he made a movie where they dressed up as knights and it was super awkward and you could tell everybody was a boiling cauldron of personality disorders waiting to erupt.

So basically gbs but a video

i remember the first part, but it wasnt "super awkward" or any of the rest of that crap. it was great, and everyone involved had a legit good time.

• Locked thread