Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The starwars battlefront open beta is happening right now and anyone can play for free* if you submit yourself to EA's Steam-like game streaming service Origin right now. Anyone is free to download and play this awful unbalanced multiplayer game that follows in the footsteps of the Battlefield games in presenting players with a fantastically good-looking yet miserable gameplay experience right now. Please post your Starwars: Battlefart experiences in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Gaming To sharpen your wits; however, Stormfront requires 20 pushups and 50 situps daily to participate in this forum

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
should have made a single player game, poo poo's a waste of time

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i'm sure they will fix the balance at least somewhat, settle down you angry retard

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
yeah it's not much fun in general.

but then I watch this and it's fun again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnqtUAg4hkw

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
It's a very bad game that at least looks mostly nice and sounds great. I will reserve judgement that maybe one of the 10 locked other modes not available in the demo is perhaps fun but neither of the two modes on offer are much fun at all unless you're flying a ship, at least then it's kinda fun.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
why dont you come down to the fuckin 'verse and say that to my facE!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

counter-sterike is the only game

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

counter-sterike is the only game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaPq_O2Jw7A

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

never 'eard of it op

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
720p on the xbone ROFL

seriously though, play good games like crazy taxi. hope this helps

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

it's really bad

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I tried it, seemed kinda fun

Turn off the HUD for a better, more hardcore experience

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Nierbo posted:

720p on the xbone ROFL

seriously though, play good games like crazy taxi. hope this helps

thats pretty impressive considering the xbox one is 14 years old and doesn't have hd output

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Ratjaculation posted:

thats pretty impressive considering the xbox one is 14 years old and doesn't have hd output

No i meant the third xbox console, the xbox one. the one with the ram and all that jazz

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
THIS GAME THATS IN BETA IS BAD AND CRAP AND UM DUHHHHH WHY ARENT UNFINISHED GAMES GOOD.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
actually its pretty cool

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nierbo posted:

THIS GAME THATS IN BETA IS BAD AND CRAP AND UM DUHHHHH WHY ARENT UNFINISHED GAMES GOOD.

it's bad

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
there are manchildren out there who see "star wars" slapped on a product and jizz themselves
some of them manage to breed and inflict the star wars expanded universe onto their kids

there were 2.5 decent movies, 2.5 decent snes games, and a couple ok pc games maybe

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Oct 11, 2015

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

there are no men anymore, only manchildren & married betas with balls in their SO's purse.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
battle of hoth is cool

you can shoot the tow cable at the AT-ATs!

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Star Wars Battlefront is a very bad game.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
did you come running to post this thread after getting owned by everyone in the game OP?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

im just so tired with all these star wars

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Star Wars Buttlefront

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I can't wrap my head around how there seems to be less content in this compared to battlefront 2, which was on the original freaking xbox. Playing as Droideka's and space battles were awesome,not to mention all the cool asymmetrical VS modes. You would think the new version would have simultaneous space and land battles (which already happened with mods) and be running aroundwith everyone from IG-88 to that blue elephant guy.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I really like the sound effects and the artwork is nice enough, they should take all of that and put it into a game that is fun.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Shnag posted:

I can't wrap my head around how there seems to be less content in this compared to battlefront 2, which was on the original freaking xbox. Playing as Droideka's and space battles were awesome,not to mention all the cool asymmetrical VS modes. You would think the new version would have simultaneous space and land battles (which already happened with mods) and be running aroundwith everyone from IG-88 to that blue elephant guy.

You're comparing a beta to a full game

I played the battlefield hardline beta and thought it sucked but then I liked the full game

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
can you be a spock?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ratjaculation posted:

It's now owned by Disney after George Lucas cashed out.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Ratjaculation posted:

Existing in a world with star war fiction is laborious as f

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ratjaculation posted:

oh this traffic. i can't wait until we're [looks at camera] out of africa

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

gary oldmans diary posted:

there are manchildren out there who see "star wars" slapped on a product and jizz themselves
some of them manage to breed and inflict the star wars expanded universe onto their kids

there were 2.5 decent movies, 2.5 decent snes games, and a couple ok pc games maybe

Methinks the dork doth care too much

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

can you listen to jizz in the game?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
But does it have a soundtrack by The Rebel Force Band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE2XUkkpYL8

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

etalian posted:

It's now owned by Disney after George Lucas cashed out.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

no waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssy

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
ste wazz

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Excuse me m'lady, allow me to explain why this video game based on a muppet movie with bigfoots does not quite meet my standards of excellánce :fedora:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

no waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssy

don't worry Lucas is putting the money to good use.

When his marin county neighbors blocked a permit to put a mini studio on his property, Lucas said he would let the county use his land for affordable housing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

etalian posted:

don't worry Lucas is putting the money to good use.

When his marin county neighbors blocked a permit to put a mini studio on his property, Lucas said he would let the county use his land for affordable housing.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaP

no waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

• Locked thread