Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/3ocah8/final_update_i_25_m_have_a_hard_time_finding/

quote:

Previous 1: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/3mvxd1/i_25_m_have_a_hard_time_finding_girls_to_date/

Previous 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/3nrtht/update_i_25_m_have_a_hard_time_finding_girls_to/

This will probably be my final update because at this point I don't feel that there's anything left to do or say. I can't imagine anyone giving any sort of advice to help on my situation so if anything, this is just more like a closure for me.

So to pick up where I left off earlier this week. I sent a message to the girl on tinder. I tried to make a short and clever joke but it backfired since she never replied back. So that was that.

I know that 95% of all the posts have told me to go to therapy. I finally made the call. Unfortunately they told me there is a waiting list and that the earliest appointment I could get was in February. Please note that I don't live in America, so we don't really have fast therapists here. :/ Or maybe I just haven't called the right people yet? Perhaps there are some other therapists I'm supposed to call but the organisation that I was told to call told me that all their therapists were completely booked so that was that.

I have come to the conclusion that there isn't much to do about this. I have joined a bunch of facebook groups dedicated to Zelda and I'm trying to make friends there (both genders). If I end up liking a girl there, then that's great and I'd even be willing to do an online relationship and eventually move to her place if it gets so far (my career is very flexible so I can find jobs many places in the world).

I don't know what else there is to say. I'm sorry for letting everyone down.

tl;dr: I've stopped trying to fight it and I've come to accept that this is just how it's going to be.

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
Nintendo based relationships work out well.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
there was that goon with the Zelda wedding maybe she's single again

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

jackyl posted:

undoubtedly single

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
i was at the texas renaissance festival yesterday and yessir there were at least three dorks i saw dressed as link and one of them had a fat zelda wife! :)

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
'A girl who is into zelda' sounds like a delicate way of saying lesbian.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Maybe he needs the Triforce of Courage

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you look at zelda pragmatically, it's an educational toy designed to teach japanese children to assume responsibility as they grow older. "getting into" zelda would require you to treat it as a religious activity, an act of worship in front of the altar of miyamoto. sacrifice your first born child for an exclusive miibo of bikini sheamus, courtesy of club nintendo

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Naerasa posted:

you remember sabrina, the teenage witch? guess what

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

quakster posted:

if you look at zelda pragmatically, it's an educational toy designed to teach japanese children to assume responsibility as they grow older. "getting into" zelda would require you to treat it as a religious activity, an act of worship in front of the altar of miyamoto. sacrifice your first born child for an exclusive miibo of bikini sheamus, courtesy of club nintendo

i honestly don't know if i want my autistic son to be obessed with zelda or trains

probably trains tho because at least i can take him to model train shows and he'll blend right in

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

cram me sideways posted:

i was at the texas renaissance festival yesterday and yessir there were at least three dorks i saw dressed as link and one of them had a fat zelda wife! :)

I like seeing dumpy Links

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cram me sideways posted:

i honestly don't know if i want my autistic son to be obessed with zelda or trains

probably trains tho because at least i can take him to model train shows and he'll blend right in
trains, for what it's worth, are not a pyramid scheme afaik

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
The games are pretty good but like wtf, how can you base an identity on that?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

The games are pretty good but like wtf, how can you base an identity on that?

OoT Navi.png
Hey! Listen!

This wiki contains spoilers! Read at your own risk!

Latest Announcements
Golden Goddesses
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
The Golden Goddesses
Statues of the Goddesses Din, Nayru, and Farore from Twilight Princess
Title The Gods of Old
Element(s) Power (Fire), Wisdom (Water), and Courage (Wind)
Attributes Creators of the Triforce
Creators of Hyrule
Game(s) A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
The Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword
(mentioned)
The Golden Goddesses, also known as the Old Gods,[1] are Din, the Goddess of Power, Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom, and Farore, the Goddess of Courage, the chief gods and creators of the land that becomes the Kingdom of Hyrule and the extended world that it resides in.[2] It is understood that the Golden Goddesses have always existed, and that they are omnipotent and eternal. Though the Golden Goddesses are the most important gods of the world, they are mentioned by few characters in the series, and knowledge of them has been shown to be limited to the people of Hyrule alone, most races worshiping their own patron deities. Signs of their existence has been visible in parallel worlds such as Termina and the World of the Ocean King also, implying that they may have created those worlds as well.[3]
Each of the three Goddesses is associated with a characteristic, common element and color: Din is power, fire and red; Nayru is wisdom, water and blue; Farore is courage, wind and green. They are the creators of the sacred Triforce that is made up of their three associated characteristics of power, wisdom and courage.
Contents [hide]
1 Appearances
2 History
2.1 Creation of the World
2.2 Interventions in Hyrule
2.2.1 The Light Spirits and Sealing Away the Interlopers
2.2.2 The Rise of a Hero
2.2.3 The Great Flood
3 The Three Goddesses
3.1 Din, The Goddess of Power
3.2 Nayru, The Goddess of Wisdom
3.3 Farore, The Goddess of Courage
4 Legacy
5 Physical Appearance
6 References
Appearances

Although the Goddesses have never physically appeared to this date, they are sometimes implied to be influencing the events that take place throughout the series. The three deities of power, wisdom, and courage were first mentioned in the manual of A Link to the Past, but they were not yet given names. They were first be called by their individual names and titles in Ocarina of Time and appeared in a flashback as flaming golden feminine humanoid figures as they created the world from chaos. Their symbols make an appearance in Oracles of Ages representing three tunes of the Harp of Ages, as do the Oracles that are named after them. They were mentioned in The Wind Waker as putting the young Hero of Winds through trials to test his worthiness as a successor of Hero of Time,[4] and three colored statues (red, blue and green) depicting each one of them appears with their associated symbols. The goddesses also play an indirectly important role in Skyward Sword where it is revealed that they personally placed the Triforce in the care of the goddess Hylia in the ancient past.
History

Creation of the World

The Golden Goddesses shown leaving Hyrule following its creation
Before time began and before spirits and life existed, the universe was in chaos. The three Golden Goddesses descended upon the chaos and began the creation of the world, each of them creating a different facet of the realm. Din created the material realm, Nayru gave the realm law and order, and Farore created all life forms that would follow the said order.[2]
With their labors completed, the Goddesses departed for the heavens, but not before leaving behind the Triforce, three sacred golden triangles representing a small portion of the essence of the goddesses.[5][6] Because the power of the Triforce was so great, they trusted the sacred relic to the careful hands of the goddess Hylia so that she could protect it from those who would misuse its almighty power.[7] Since Hylia herself was a goddess, the Triforce was in safe hands, as only mortals would be able to use its power.
The land where the goddesses departed eventually became to be known as the Sacred Realm, the eventual resting place of the Triforce after Hylia could no longer protect it due to giving up her immortal form.[8][9]
Interventions in Hyrule
Although the Goddesses' morals and standards are never specifically stated anywhere in the games, they have intervened in affairs numerous times after the creation of the world but always for a good cause.
The Light Spirits and Sealing Away the Interlopers
Main article: Interloper War

The Interlopers try to take over the Sacred Realm
The Golden Goddesses appointed four Light Spirits, Ordona, Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru, to protect each of the four regions in Hyrule, Ordon Province, Faron Province, Eldin Province, and Lanayru Province, respectively.[10][11]
When word of the Sacred Realm and the Triforce spread, a great war ensued between those seeking to wield the ultimate power.[12] During this war, the tribe skilled in dark magic known only as the Dark Interlopers attempted to establish dominion over the Sacred Realm and establish their power using the Fused Shadow. As this war dragged on, three Light Spirits intervened at the behest of the Golden Goddesses, chasing the Dark Interlopers across Hyrule and into the twilight, locking them away in the Twilight Realm.[13][14] They also sealed away the great magic those individuals had mastered,[14] and splintered it to prevent its future misuse.
Although the Goddesses forbade the Interlopers from returning to the world of light, they left a single link between Hyrule and the Twilight Realm.[15] This link, known as the Mirror of Twilight, was entrusted to the Sages of Hyrule by the Goddesses, who commanded them to guard it and protect it.[16]
The Rise of a Hero
Main article: Link
In most of the history of Hyrule, whenever Ganondorf comes to power and plans to take over the kingdom, the Goddesses appoint a hero, usually Link, to rise and defeat the King of Thieves.[17][18][19][20][21][22] Link the hero is trusted with the Triforce of Courage,[20][22] while Princess Zelda is given the Triforce of Wisdom to protect it.[23][24]
The Great Flood
Main article: Great Flood

The people pray to the Goddesses to come to their aid
In The Wind Waker, it is revealed that, after the Hero of Time was sent back to his original time, Hyrule in the Adult Timeline was left without a hero when the curse on Ganon broke.[25] Faced by Ganondorf's unstoppable power and with no hero to aid them, the people of Hyrule prayed to the Goddesses to come in their aid.[26] Since the Goddesses knew that to seal the people away along in Hyrule would grant Ganon's wish of destroying the land,[27] the Goddesses instructed the Hylians to flee to Hyrule's mountaintops in order to escape the coming flood.[28] Once the people were safely away, the Goddesses caused a torrential downpour, covering the land and turning the mountaintops into islands.[29]

The Three Goddesses

Din, The Goddess of Power
Main article: Din (Goddess)
Quote1.png Din... With her strong flaming arms, cultivated the land and created the red earth. Quote2.png
— Great Deku Tree

Din, as seen in Ocarina of Time
Din created the bare earth and shaped the featureless land, forming its topography. Her labors produced the towering mountains, profound chasms, and great expanses of Hyrule's topography.
With her work completed, Din formed the Triforce of Power, the embodiment of her supremacy. When the Gerudo King Ganondorf sought to abstract the Golden Power from its resting place, he failed to procure the sacred Triforce in its entirety and it split into its three elements. Believing in his heart that power was the most important aspect of the Triforce, he was left with the Triforce of Power, and the blessing of Din.
Nayru, The Goddess of Wisdom
Main article: Nayru (Goddess)
Quote1.png Nayru... Poured out her wisdom onto the land, and gave it the spirit of law. Quote2.png
— Great Deku Tree

Nayru, as seen in Ocarina of Time
Nayru is the source of the laws that govern the realm in which Hyrule exists. Once her sister Din had completed the creation of the physical realm, Nayru began establishing order within the realm. Nayru illuminated the firmament of the sphere with her divine wisdom, and founded the fundamental laws of the realm.
Once she had finished, Nayru formed the Triforce of Wisdom, the embodiment of her omniscience. Whomever would possess the Triforce of Wisdom would be instilled with the essence of Nayru, and her blessing, granting them wisdom unparalleled. When the sacred Triforce was split into its three virtues, the Triforce of Wisdom eluded Ganon, and sought a worthy holder, namely, the Princess of Destiny, Princess Zelda.
Farore, The Goddess of Courage
Main article: Farore (Goddess)
Quote1.png Farore... With her rich soul, produced all life forms who would uphold the law. Quote2.png
— Great Deku Tree

Farore, as seen in Ocarina of Time
Farore is the source of all life that exists within the Hyrulean realm. Once her sisters had finished creating a realm suitable for sustaining life, Farore created the life forms that would inhabit it. Farore breathed life onto the barren earth and into the seas, creating grasses, trees, vines, and all other manner of vegetation, also forming all of the diverse people of Hyrule.
With her works completed, Farore drew a portion of her divine spirit, and produced the Triforce of Courage. The holder of the Triforce of Courage would be imbued with the blessings of Farore, and valor unrivaled by any other. When the Triforce divided into its three aspects, the Triforce of Courage was bestowed upon the Hero, Link, in merit of his great courage.
Legacy

Goddess Statues.png
The Goddess Statues in The Wind Waker
Various items, people and deities found throughout the series are named after the Golden Goddesses. Each of the goddesses also have a crest that represents them, which can be found in places and items related to them.[30]
The first of the items are the three magic abilities obtained in Ocarina of Time: Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, and Nayru's Love, granted to Link by the Great Fairies. In The Wind Waker, it is said that Din's Pearl, Farore's Pearl, and Nayru's Pearl were handed down to the Ritos, Koroks, and Jabun by the goddesses themselves, respectively.[31][32][33] These three pearls, known as the Goddess Pearls, are each placed on the three statues resembling the Golden Goddesses located in each of the Triangle Islands found across the Great Sea to rise the Tower of the Gods from beneath the waves.[34] Atop the Hyrule Castle from Twilight Princess is a statue depicting the Goddesses surrounding the Triforce. Three songs, "Din's Power", "Farore's Courage", and "Nayru's Wisdom" in Skyward Sword are learned in the Isle of Songs, which are necessary to obtain the three Sacred Flames, each also named after the Goddesses, that will upgrade the Goddess Sword.[35]
Din, Nayru, and Farore from the Oracle series, who are the Oracle of Seasons, Ages, and Secrets respectively, share the names of the goddesses and also share physical similarities to the statues depicted in The Wind Waker. It is also implied that both the dragons from Skyward Sword and the Light Spirits from Twilight Princess, Eldin, Faron, and Lanayru, are references to the goddesses, with two of the dragons bearing the symbol of the goddess they are associated with on their forehead. Because of this, the Silent Realms of the three regions in the former game feature the names of the goddesses, each of them testing one of the goddess' attributes depending on the realm. Farore's Silent Realm tests the limits of Link's courage, Nayru's Silent Realm tests the limits of his wisdom, and Din's Silent Realm tests the limits of his power.[36][37][38] Likewise, each of the Sacred Tears bear their name.[39] Three Sacred Flames sharing their names and bearing their associated symbols, characteristics and colors are used to forge the Goddess Sword into the legendary Master Sword and activate the Gate of Time that also bears their symbols in the Temple of Hylia.
Physical Appearance

A depiction of the Golden Goddesses in A Link to the Past
In their first appearance, in Ocarina of Time, the Goddesses Din, Nayru, and Farore are depicted as a golden figures surrounded by a red, blue, and green auras, respectively. However, in later titles, monuments representing the Goddesses (such as the statues of the Golden Goddesses in the throne room of Hyrule Castle in Twilight Princess) give a more detailed appearance. The Goddess Statues in The Wind Waker appear similar to the Oracles Din, Nayru, and Farore who are all named after the Goddesses.
References

↑ "...She made this sacrifice, as you have likely guessed, so that the supreme power created by the old gods could one day be used." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
↑ 2.0 2.1 "Before time began, before spirits and life existed... Three golden goddesses descended upon the chaos that was Hyrule... Din, the Goddess of Power... Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom... Farore, the Goddess of Courage... Din... With her strong flaming arms, she cultivated the land and created the red earth. Nayru... Poured her wisdom onto the earth and gave the spirit of law to the world. Farore... With her rich soul, produced all life forms who would uphold the law." — Great Deku Tree (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "Though the waters of the Ocean King exist in a different world from that of Tetra, Link, and the pirates, the crests of Hyrule’s three gods can still be found in the Ocean King’s temple. Because of this, it is highly possible that the waters of the Ocean King were created by the same gods as Hyrule." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 130)
↑ "Only one who is able to overcome the trials that await here will be acknowledged by the gods to be a true hero. [...] You must rise above the trial of the gods!" — King of Red Lions (The Wind Waker)
↑ "After the gods had finished their work, they left the world, but not before creating a symbol of their strength, a golden triangle known as the Triforce. A small but powerful portion of the essence of the gods was held in this mighty artifact, which was to guide the intelligent life on the world of Hyrule." (A Link to the Past manual, pg. 3)
↑ "Aeons ago, the Deities of Power, Courage, and Wisdom descended to the world of chaos. They created the world that we know and left behind a symbol of their strength, the golden emblem known as the Triforce, which they hid in the Golden Land." (A Link to the Past & Four Swords manual, pg. 14)
↑ "Handed down by the gods of old, this power gave its holder the means to make any desire a reality. Such was the might of the ultimate power that the old ones placed it in the care of the goddess." — Introduction (Skyward Sword)
↑ "When all was chaos, the goddesses descended and gave order and life to the world. They granted power equally to all who dwelt in the light, and then returned to the heavens. The lands where the goddesses descended came to be known as the Sacred Realm." — Lanayru (Skyward Sword)
↑ "And, the resting place of the triangles has become the Sacred Realm." — Great Deku Tree (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "I am one of four light spirits that protect Hyrule at the behest of the gods. I am Ordona." — Ordona (Twilight Princess)
↑ "My name is Faron. I am one of the spirits of light who dwell in Hyrule. By the order of the gods, I protect this forest." — Faron (Twilight Princess)
↑ "But soon, word of the Sacred Realm spread through Hyrule, and a great battle ensued..." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
↑ "What do you think happened to the magic wielders who tried to rule the Sacred Realm? They were banished. They were chased across the sacred lands of Hyrule and driven into another realm by the Goddesses. It was another world entirely... The antithesis of Hyrule, where the sun shines bright. Its denizens became shadows that could not mingle with the light. Eventually, most came to call it the Twilight Realm, and from it, none could return to the world of light..." — Midna (Twilight Princess)
↑ 14.0 14.1 "Among those living in the light, interlopers who excelled at magic appeared. Wielding powerful sorcery, they tried to establish dominion over the Sacred Realm. It was then that the goddesses ordered us three light spirits to intervene. We sealed away the great magic those individuals had mastered. You know this magic...It is the dark power you seek...the Fused Shadow." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
↑ "Though the goddesses forbade us to return to the world of light, they left one link between the light and the darkness." — Midna (Twilight Princess)
↑ "At the command of the goddesses, we sages have guarded the Mirror of Twilight since ancient times." — Sage (Twilight Princess)
↑ "[Link], hero chosen by the goddesses..." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
↑ "If a person who has an evil heart gets the Triforce, a Hero is destined to appear...and he alone must face the person who began the Great Cataclysm." — Maiden (A Link to the Past)
↑ "You who have been sent by the goddesses... You should be able to gather the three pieces..." — Sage (Twilight Princess)
↑ 20.0 20.1 "Oh! What is this? There, on your hand, the Triforce piece now dwells within you! It is the Triforce of Courage, proof that you are indeed the true hero. You have controlled the wind and crossed the seas, and here, near the end of your quest, the power of the gods has been bestowed upon you... Surely, from this moment on, you shall be known as the Hero of Winds..." — King of Red Lions (The Wind Waker)
↑ "Oh, chosen one... Accept this final challenge..." — Gohdan (The Wind Waker)
↑ 22.0 22.1 "It was a sign that the powers of the chosen one rest within you...and that they are awakening. Look at your awakened form... The green tunic that is your garb once belonged to the ancient hero chosen by the gods..." — Faron (Twilight Princess)
↑ "Like you, I have been granted special powers by the goddesses..." — Princess Zelda (Twilight Princess)
↑ "And the other, who holds the Triforce of Wisdom... is the seventh Sage, who is destined to be the leader of them all... It is I, the Princess of Hyrule, Zelda." — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "The people believed that the Hero of Time would again come to save them. ...But the hero did not appear." — Introduction (The Wind Waker)
↑ "Faced by an onslaught of evil, the people could do nothing but appeal to the gods. In their last hour, as doom drew nigh, they left their future in the hands of fate." — Introduction (The Wind Waker)
↑ "Yet all was not lost. For the gods knew that to seal the people away with the kingdom would be to grant Ganon's wish for the destruction of the land." — Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule (The Wind Waker)
↑ "So, before the sealing of the kingdom, the gods chose those who would build a new country and commanded them to take refuge on the mountaintops." — Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule (The Wind Waker)
↑ "When the gods heard our pleas, they chose to seal away not only Ganon, but Hyrule itself...and so, with a torrential downpour of rains from the heavens... Our fair kingdom was soon buried beneath the waves, forgotten at the bottom of the ocean." — Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule (The Wind Waker)
↑ "Din, Nayru, and Farore each left a crest behind. Each of these symbols—the crests of power, wisdom, and courage—can be found in a location related to its respective goddess." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 70)
↑ "The water spirit Jabun was kind enough to give you this jewel, a treasure of one of the goddesses!" — N/A (The Wind Waker)
↑ "You received Din's Pearl! This is the gem the Ritos claim was passed down from the great goddess!" — N/A (The Wind Waker)
↑ "You received Farore's Pearl! The earth spirit, the Deku Tree, has seen fit to give you this jewel, a treasure of the goddess, Farore." — N/A (The Wind Waker)
↑ "Wandering traveler who seeks the guidepost of the goddesses... Place the pearl you hold here." — Goddess Statue (The Wind Waker)
↑ "Ah, sorry to disappoint you, boy, but for now your sword lacks the power necessary to awaken the gate. Faron Woods...Eldin Volcano...and Lanayru Desert... A sacred flame is hidden somewhere in each of these lands. Seek them out, and purify your sword in their heat. Only after your blade has been tempered by these three fires will it be fully imbued with the great power for which you search." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
↑ "This particular trial, Farore's Silent Realm, tests the limits of your courage." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
↑ "This is the second trial, known as Nayru's Silent Realm. It will test your wisdom, Master." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
↑ "You stand within Din's Silent Realm, the third trial. It will test the limits of your power." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
↑ "You got a Tear of Farore! This object's power halts the movements of the Guardians for just 90 seconds. Collect all 15 to pass the trial!" — N/A (Skyward Sword)

Forest minish.png Names in Other Regions Jabber Nut MC.gif
Language Name Meaning
English United Kingdom Three Golden Goddesses
Three Goddesses
Japanese Japan 黄金の三大神
三人の女神 Three Golden Gods
The Three Goddesses
French French-speaking countries Trois dιesses Dιesses d'Or
German Germany Drei Gφttinnen Three Goddesses

Category: Deities
Navigation menu
Create accountLog inPageDiscussionReadView sourceView history

Search
Search
Main Page
All Categories
All Pages
Wanted Pages
Recent Changes
Random Page
Random Image
Sandbox
Help Guide
About
Staff
Community
Getting Involved
Discussion Center
Forum
Image Requests
Announcements
Toolbox

This page was last modified on 10 June 2015, at 02:02.
Content is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Privacy policyAbout Zelda WikiDisclaimersGNU Free Documentation License Powered by MediaWiki

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

quakster posted:

OoT Navi.png
Hey! Listen!

Latest Announcements
Golden Goddesses
The Golden Goddesses
Statues of the Goddesses Din, Nayru, and Farore from Twilight Princess
Title The Gods of Old
Element(s) Power (Fire), Wisdom (Water), and Courage (Wind)
Attributes Creators of the Triforce
Creators of Hyrule
Game(s) A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
The Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword
(mentioned)
The Golden Goddesses, also known as the Old Gods,[1] are Din, the Goddess of Power, Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom, and Farore, the Goddess of Courage, the chief gods and creators of the land that becomes the Kingdom of Hyrule and the extended world that it resides in.[2] It is understood that the Golden Goddesses have always existed, and that they are omnipotent and eternal. Though the Golden Goddesses are the most important gods of the world, they are mentioned by few characters in the series, and knowledge of them has been shown to be limited to the people of Hyrule alone, most races worshiping their own patron deities. Signs of their existence has been visible in parallel worlds such as Termina and the World of the Ocean King also, implying that they may have created those worlds as well.[3]
Each of the three Goddesses is associated with a characteristic, common element and color: Din is power, fire and red; Nayru is wisdom, water and blue; Farore is courage, wind and green. They are the creators of the sacred Triforce that is made up of their three associated characteristics of power, wisdom and courage.
Contents [hide]
1 Appearances
2 History
2.1 Creation of the World
2.2 Interventions in Hyrule
2.2.1 The Light Spirits and Sealing Away the Interlopers
2.2.2 The Rise of a Hero
2.2.3 The Great Flood
3 The Three Goddesses
3.1 Din, The Goddess of Power
3.2 Nayru, The Goddess of Wisdom
3.3 Farore, The Goddess of Courage
4 Legacy
5 Physical Appearance
6 References
Appearances

Although the Goddesses have never physically appeared to this date, they are sometimes implied to be influencing the events that take place throughout the series. The three deities of power, wisdom, and courage were first mentioned in the manual of A Link to the Past, but they were not yet given names. They were first be called by their individual names and titles in Ocarina of Time and appeared in a flashback as flaming golden feminine humanoid figures as they created the world from chaos. Their symbols make an appearance in Oracles of Ages representing three tunes of the Harp of Ages, as do the Oracles that are named after them. They were mentioned in The Wind Waker as putting the young Hero of Winds through trials to test his worthiness as a successor of Hero of Time,[4] and three colored statues (red, blue and green) depicting each one of them appears with their associated symbols. The goddesses also play an indirectly important role in Skyward Sword where it is revealed that they personally placed the Triforce in the care of the goddess Hylia in the ancient past.
History

Creation of the World

The Golden Goddesses shown leaving Hyrule following its creation
Before time began and before spirits and life existed, the universe was in chaos. The three Golden Goddesses descended upon the chaos and began the creation of the world, each of them creating a different facet of the realm. Din created the material realm, Nayru gave the realm law and order, and Farore created all life forms that would follow the said order.[2]
With their labors completed, the Goddesses departed for the heavens, but not before leaving behind the Triforce, three sacred golden triangles representing a small portion of the essence of the goddesses.[5][6] Because the power of the Triforce was so great, they trusted the sacred relic to the careful hands of the goddess Hylia so that she could protect it from those who would misuse its almighty power.[7] Since Hylia herself was a goddess, the Triforce was in safe hands, as only mortals would be able to use its power.
The land where the goddesses departed eventually became to be known as the Sacred Realm, the eventual resting place of the Triforce after Hylia could no longer protect it due to giving up her immortal form.[8][9]
Interventions in Hyrule
Although the Goddesses' morals and standards are never specifically stated anywhere in the games, they have intervened in affairs numerous times after the creation of the world but always for a good cause.
The Light Spirits and Sealing Away the Interlopers
Main article: Interloper War

The Interlopers try to take over the Sacred Realm
The Golden Goddesses appointed four Light Spirits, Ordona, Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru, to protect each of the four regions in Hyrule, Ordon Province, Faron Province, Eldin Province, and Lanayru Province, respectively.[10][11]
When word of the Sacred Realm and the Triforce spread, a great war ensued between those seeking to wield the ultimate power.[12] During this war, the tribe skilled in dark magic known only as the Dark Interlopers attempted to establish dominion over the Sacred Realm and establish their power using the Fused Shadow. As this war dragged on, three Light Spirits intervened at the behest of the Golden Goddesses, chasing the Dark Interlopers across Hyrule and into the twilight, locking them away in the Twilight Realm.[13][14] They also sealed away the great magic those individuals had mastered,[14] and splintered it to prevent its future misuse.
Although the Goddesses forbade the Interlopers from returning to the world of light, they left a single link between Hyrule and the Twilight Realm.[15] This link, known as the Mirror of Twilight, was entrusted to the Sages of Hyrule by the Goddesses, who commanded them to guard it and protect it.[16]
The Rise of a Hero
Main article: Link
In most of the history of Hyrule, whenever Ganondorf comes to power and plans to take over the kingdom, the Goddesses appoint a hero, usually Link, to rise and defeat the King of Thieves.[17][18][19][20][21][22] Link the hero is trusted with the Triforce of Courage,[20][22] while Princess Zelda is given the Triforce of Wisdom to protect it.[23][24]
The Great Flood
Main article: Great Flood

The people pray to the Goddesses to come to their aid
In The Wind Waker, it is revealed that, after the Hero of Time was sent back to his original time, Hyrule in the Adult Timeline was left without a hero when the curse on Ganon broke.[25] Faced by Ganondorf's unstoppable power and with no hero to aid them, the people of Hyrule prayed to the Goddesses to come in their aid.[26] Since the Goddesses knew that to seal the people away along in Hyrule would grant Ganon's wish of destroying the land,[27] the Goddesses instructed the Hylians to flee to Hyrule's mountaintops in order to escape the coming flood.[28] Once the people were safely away, the Goddesses caused a torrential downpour, covering the land and turning the mountaintops into islands.[29]

The Three Goddesses

Din, The Goddess of Power
Main article: Din (Goddess)
Quote1.png Din... With her strong flaming arms, cultivated the land and created the red earth. Quote2.png
— Great Deku Tree

Din, as seen in Ocarina of Time
Din created the bare earth and shaped the featureless land, forming its topography. Her labors produced the towering mountains, profound chasms, and great expanses of Hyrule's topography.
With her work completed, Din formed the Triforce of Power, the embodiment of her supremacy. When the Gerudo King Ganondorf sought to abstract the Golden Power from its resting place, he failed to procure the sacred Triforce in its entirety and it split into its three elements. Believing in his heart that power was the most important aspect of the Triforce, he was left with the Triforce of Power, and the blessing of Din.
Nayru, The Goddess of Wisdom
Main article: Nayru (Goddess)
Quote1.png Nayru... Poured out her wisdom onto the land, and gave it the spirit of law. Quote2.png
— Great Deku Tree

Nayru, as seen in Ocarina of Time
Nayru is the source of the laws that govern the realm in which Hyrule exists. Once her sister Din had completed the creation of the physical realm, Nayru began establishing order within the realm. Nayru illuminated the firmament of the sphere with her divine wisdom, and founded the fundamental laws of the realm.
Once she had finished, Nayru formed the Triforce of Wisdom, the embodiment of her omniscience. Whomever would possess the Triforce of Wisdom would be instilled with the essence of Nayru, and her blessing, granting them wisdom unparalleled. When the sacred Triforce was split into its three virtues, the Triforce of Wisdom eluded Ganon, and sought a worthy holder, namely, the Princess of Destiny, Princess Zelda.
Farore, The Goddess of Courage
Main article: Farore (Goddess)
Quote1.png Farore... With her rich soul, produced all life forms who would uphold the law. Quote2.png
— Great Deku Tree

Farore, as seen in Ocarina of Time
Farore is the source of all life that exists within the Hyrulean realm. Once her sisters had finished creating a realm suitable for sustaining life, Farore created the life forms that would inhabit it. Farore breathed life onto the barren earth and into the seas, creating grasses, trees, vines, and all other manner of vegetation, also forming all of the diverse people of Hyrule.
With her works completed, Farore drew a portion of her divine spirit, and produced the Triforce of Courage. The holder of the Triforce of Courage would be imbued with the blessings of Farore, and valor unrivaled by any other. When the Triforce divided into its three aspects, the Triforce of Courage was bestowed upon the Hero, Link, in merit of his great courage.
Legacy

Goddess Statues.png
The Goddess Statues in The Wind Waker
Various items, people and deities found throughout the series are named after the Golden Goddesses. Each of the goddesses also have a crest that represents them, which can be found in places and items related to them.[30]
The first of the items are the three magic abilities obtained in Ocarina of Time: Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, and Nayru's Love, granted to Link by the Great Fairies. In The Wind Waker, it is said that Din's Pearl, Farore's Pearl, and Nayru's Pearl were handed down to the Ritos, Koroks, and Jabun by the goddesses themselves, respectively.[31][32][33] These three pearls, known as the Goddess Pearls, are each placed on the three statues resembling the Golden Goddesses located in each of the Triangle Islands found across the Great Sea to rise the Tower of the Gods from beneath the waves.[34] Atop the Hyrule Castle from Twilight Princess is a statue depicting the Goddesses surrounding the Triforce. Three songs, "Din's Power", "Farore's Courage", and "Nayru's Wisdom" in Skyward Sword are learned in the Isle of Songs, which are necessary to obtain the three Sacred Flames, each also named after the Goddesses, that will upgrade the Goddess Sword.[35]
Din, Nayru, and Farore from the Oracle series, who are the Oracle of Seasons, Ages, and Secrets respectively, share the names of the goddesses and also share physical similarities to the statues depicted in The Wind Waker. It is also implied that both the dragons from Skyward Sword and the Light Spirits from Twilight Princess, Eldin, Faron, and Lanayru, are references to the goddesses, with two of the dragons bearing the symbol of the goddess they are associated with on their forehead. Because of this, the Silent Realms of the three regions in the former game feature the names of the goddesses, each of them testing one of the goddess' attributes depending on the realm. Farore's Silent Realm tests the limits of Link's courage, Nayru's Silent Realm tests the limits of his wisdom, and Din's Silent Realm tests the limits of his power.[36][37][38] Likewise, each of the Sacred Tears bear their name.[39] Three Sacred Flames sharing their names and bearing their associated symbols, characteristics and colors are used to forge the Goddess Sword into the legendary Master Sword and activate the Gate of Time that also bears their symbols in the Temple of Hylia.
Physical Appearance

A depiction of the Golden Goddesses in A Link to the Past
In their first appearance, in Ocarina of Time, the Goddesses Din, Nayru, and Farore are depicted as a golden figures surrounded by a red, blue, and green auras, respectively. However, in later titles, monuments representing the Goddesses (such as the statues of the Golden Goddesses in the throne room of Hyrule Castle in Twilight Princess) give a more detailed appearance. The Goddess Statues in The Wind Waker appear similar to the Oracles Din, Nayru, and Farore who are all named after the Goddesses.
References

↑ "...She made this sacrifice, as you have likely guessed, so that the supreme power created by the old gods could one day be used." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
↑ 2.0 2.1 "Before time began, before spirits and life existed... Three golden goddesses descended upon the chaos that was Hyrule... Din, the Goddess of Power... Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom... Farore, the Goddess of Courage... Din... With her strong flaming arms, she cultivated the land and created the red earth. Nayru... Poured her wisdom onto the earth and gave the spirit of law to the world. Farore... With her rich soul, produced all life forms who would uphold the law." — Great Deku Tree (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "Though the waters of the Ocean King exist in a different world from that of Tetra, Link, and the pirates, the crests of Hyrule’s three gods can still be found in the Ocean King’s temple. Because of this, it is highly possible that the waters of the Ocean King were created by the same gods as Hyrule." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 130)
↑ "Only one who is able to overcome the trials that await here will be acknowledged by the gods to be a true hero. [...] You must rise above the trial of the gods!" — King of Red Lions (The Wind Waker)
↑ "After the gods had finished their work, they left the world, but not before creating a symbol of their strength, a golden triangle known as the Triforce. A small but powerful portion of the essence of the gods was held in this mighty artifact, which was to guide the intelligent life on the world of Hyrule." (A Link to the Past manual, pg. 3)
↑ "Aeons ago, the Deities of Power, Courage, and Wisdom descended to the world of chaos. They created the world that we know and left behind a symbol of their strength, the golden emblem known as the Triforce, which they hid in the Golden Land." (A Link to the Past & Four Swords manual, pg. 14)
↑ "Handed down by the gods of old, this power gave its holder the means to make any desire a reality. Such was the might of the ultimate power that the old ones placed it in the care of the goddess." — Introduction (Skyward Sword)
↑ "When all was chaos, the goddesses descended and gave order and life to the world. They granted power equally to all who dwelt in the light, and then returned to the heavens. The lands where the goddesses descended came to be known as the Sacred Realm." — Lanayru (Skyward Sword)
↑ "And, the resting place of the triangles has become the Sacred Realm." — Great Deku Tree (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "I am one of four light spirits that protect Hyrule at the behest of the gods. I am Ordona." — Ordona (Twilight Princess)
↑ "My name is Faron. I am one of the spirits of light who dwell in Hyrule. By the order of the gods, I protect this forest." — Faron (Twilight Princess)
↑ "But soon, word of the Sacred Realm spread through Hyrule, and a great battle ensued..." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
↑ "What do you think happened to the magic wielders who tried to rule the Sacred Realm? They were banished. They were chased across the sacred lands of Hyrule and driven into another realm by the Goddesses. It was another world entirely... The antithesis of Hyrule, where the sun shines bright. Its denizens became shadows that could not mingle with the light. Eventually, most came to call it the Twilight Realm, and from it, none could return to the world of light..." — Midna (Twilight Princess)
↑ 14.0 14.1 "Among those living in the light, interlopers who excelled at magic appeared. Wielding powerful sorcery, they tried to establish dominion over the Sacred Realm. It was then that the goddesses ordered us three light spirits to intervene. We sealed away the great magic those individuals had mastered. You know this magic...It is the dark power you seek...the Fused Shadow." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
↑ "Though the goddesses forbade us to return to the world of light, they left one link between the light and the darkness." — Midna (Twilight Princess)
↑ "At the command of the goddesses, we sages have guarded the Mirror of Twilight since ancient times." — Sage (Twilight Princess)
↑ "[Link], hero chosen by the goddesses..." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
↑ "If a person who has an evil heart gets the Triforce, a Hero is destined to appear...and he alone must face the person who began the Great Cataclysm." — Maiden (A Link to the Past)
↑ "You who have been sent by the goddesses... You should be able to gather the three pieces..." — Sage (Twilight Princess)
↑ 20.0 20.1 "Oh! What is this? There, on your hand, the Triforce piece now dwells within you! It is the Triforce of Courage, proof that you are indeed the true hero. You have controlled the wind and crossed the seas, and here, near the end of your quest, the power of the gods has been bestowed upon you... Surely, from this moment on, you shall be known as the Hero of Winds..." — King of Red Lions (The Wind Waker)
↑ "Oh, chosen one... Accept this final challenge..." — Gohdan (The Wind Waker)
↑ 22.0 22.1 "It was a sign that the powers of the chosen one rest within you...and that they are awakening. Look at your awakened form... The green tunic that is your garb once belonged to the ancient hero chosen by the gods..." — Faron (Twilight Princess)
↑ "Like you, I have been granted special powers by the goddesses..." — Princess Zelda (Twilight Princess)
↑ "And the other, who holds the Triforce of Wisdom... is the seventh Sage, who is destined to be the leader of them all... It is I, the Princess of Hyrule, Zelda." — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "The people believed that the Hero of Time would again come to save them. ...But the hero did not appear." — Introduction (The Wind Waker)
↑ "Faced by an onslaught of evil, the people could do nothing but appeal to the gods. In their last hour, as doom drew nigh, they left their future in the hands of fate." — Introduction (The Wind Waker)
↑ "Yet all was not lost. For the gods knew that to seal the people away with the kingdom would be to grant Ganon's wish for the destruction of the land." — Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule (The Wind Waker)
↑ "So, before the sealing of the kingdom, the gods chose those who would build a new country and commanded them to take refuge on the mountaintops." — Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule (The Wind Waker)
↑ "When the gods heard our pleas, they chose to seal away not only Ganon, but Hyrule itself...and so, with a torrential downpour of rains from the heavens... Our fair kingdom was soon buried beneath the waves, forgotten at the bottom of the ocean." — Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule (The Wind Waker)
↑ "Din, Nayru, and Farore each left a crest behind. Each of these symbols—the crests of power, wisdom, and courage—can be found in a location related to its respective goddess." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 70)
↑ "The water spirit Jabun was kind enough to give you this jewel, a treasure of one of the goddesses!" — N/A (The Wind Waker)
↑ "You received Din's Pearl! This is the gem the Ritos claim was passed down from the great goddess!" — N/A (The Wind Waker)
↑ "You received Farore's Pearl! The earth spirit, the Deku Tree, has seen fit to give you this jewel, a treasure of the goddess, Farore." — N/A (The Wind Waker)
↑ "Wandering traveler who seeks the guidepost of the goddesses... Place the pearl you hold here." — Goddess Statue (The Wind Waker)
↑ "Ah, sorry to disappoint you, boy, but for now your sword lacks the power necessary to awaken the gate. Faron Woods...Eldin Volcano...and Lanayru Desert... A sacred flame is hidden somewhere in each of these lands. Seek them out, and purify your sword in their heat. Only after your blade has been tempered by these three fires will it be fully imbued with the great power for which you search." — Impa (Skyward Sword)
↑ "This particular trial, Farore's Silent Realm, tests the limits of your courage." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
↑ "This is the second trial, known as Nayru's Silent Realm. It will test your wisdom, Master." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
↑ "You stand within Din's Silent Realm, the third trial. It will test the limits of your power." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
↑ "You got a Tear of Farore! This object's power halts the movements of the Guardians for just 90 seconds. Collect all 15 to pass the trial!" — N/A (Skyward Sword)

Language Name Meaning
English United Kingdom Three Golden Goddesses
Three Goddesses
Japanese Japan 黄金の三大神
三人の女神 Three Golden Gods
The Three Goddesses
French French-speaking countries Trois dιesses Dιesses d'Or
German Germany Drei Gφttinnen Three Goddesses

Category: Deities
Navigation menu

Search
Search
Main Page
All Categories
All Pages
Wanted Pages
Recent Changes
Random Page
Random Image
Sandbox
Help Guide
About
Staff
Community
Getting Involved
Discussion Center
Forum
Image Requests
Announcements
Toolbox

This page was last modified on 10 June 2015, at 02:02.
Privacy policyAbout Zelda WikiDisclaimersGNU Free Documentation License Powered by MediaWiki

:eyepop:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
OoT Navi.png
Hey! Listen!

Latest Announcements
Hyrule
Hyrule Historia
This article or section is out of date following the release of Hyrule Historia.
It needs to be updated to be accurate with information available at the present time.

A Link Between Worlds logo.png
This article or section is out of date following the release of A Link Between Worlds.
It needs to be updated to be accurate with information available at the present time.

Hyrule
HyruleInPeace.jpg
Hyrule as it appears in Twilight Princess
Game(s) The Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
The Wind Waker
Four Swords
Four Swords Adventures
The Minish Cap
Twilight Princess
Spirit Tracks
Skyward Sword
A Link Between Worlds
Inhabitant(s) Ancient Robots
Anouki
Deku
Fairies
Gerudo
Gorons
Humans
Hylians
Kikwis
Kokiri
Lokomo
Minish
Mogmas
Oocca
Parella
Sheikah
Wind Tribe
Zoras
Zuna
Related place(s) Skyloft
Great Sea
Termina
Sacred Realm
Dark World
Lorule
Holodrum
Labrynna
Hyrule (pronounced /ˈhаɪ.ɹuːl/ HY-rool),[1] once known only as the Surface (or humorously Grooseland,[2] as named by Groose), is the name of the kingdom that serves as the iconic setting for a majority of the games in the Zelda series. It is usually depicted as a beautiful and prosperous land blessed with deep forests, tall mountains, vast lakes, a barren desert, great cities, villages, and many ancient temples hidden throughout.[3][4][5][6][7]
Once ruled by the goddess Hylia as an unnamed land in ancient times, it became established as the Kingdom of Hyrule by the descendants of her mortal incarnation, the sacred bloodline that would go on to become known as the Royal Family of Hyrule. At the northern center of Hyrule is seated Hyrule Castle, where the family reside, and a bustling town surrounded by a stonewall, populated mostly by the Hylians and a variety of shops. To the west of the kingdom can often be seen a desert, forests to the south and south-east and a mountain range to the east and north-east.
The kingdom has its own long and unique history with many wars and conflicts over the Triforce, deities, legendary relics, historical heroes and villains.[8][9] It is connected to a variety of different realms or universes via magical artifacts and portals, including but not limited to the Sacred Realm, the Twilight Realm, its own direct parallel world Lorule and, to a lesser extent, Termina. The story of the Sacred Realm and the Triforce would shape Hyrule's future in the centuries that followed its establishment, becoming the basis of its providence.[10] It is also home to a multitude of different races and tribes, each inhabiting a different part of the country and sometimes protecting its legendary relics and guarding its temples.[11]
After the birth of the Gerudo thief from the western desert, Ganondorf, who wishes to conquer the kingdom for himself using the Triforce's tremendous power,[12] a young hero clad in a green tunic and armed with the legendary Master Sword will often rise up to save the land from destruction and defeat him. The hero is often assisted in this effort by the kingdom's young princesses, traditionally named Zelda. This would become a repeated history that would doom Hyrule on several occasions, one account resulting in its destruction by the Great Flood. Following the flood, it was succeeded by a new kingdom named after it.
Contents [hide]
1 Appearances by Game
2 History
2.1 Major Conflicts
2.2 Theology
3 Governance
3.1 Military
4 Economy
4.1 Technology
5 Geography
6 Population
6.1 Races of Hyrule
6.1.1 Humanoid Hyruleans
6.1.2 Non-Humanoid Hyruleans
6.2 Animals
7 Theories
8 Gallery
8.1 Music
9 References
Appearances by Game

Main article: Hyrule/Appearances by Game
Hyrule has appeared multiple times throughout the series as the setting for most installments in one form or another. The geography of the land has changed in each appearance, sometimes drastically.
History

Main article: Zelda Timeline
Hyrule's history is long and storied, beginning with the Golden Goddesses creating the larger world that it resides in and spanning three separate timelines. Eternal and constant throughout the history of Hyrule is the presence of a hero sometimes chosen by the Goddesses themselves to fight the various people and creatures that threaten to destroy or dominate the land.
Major Conflicts
Several of the wars in Hyrule's history were fought over possession of the Triforce or dominion over the Sacred Realm, others were fought over ownership of the kingdom and its sacred artifacts, or simply desire to destroy it in spite and hatred. Places such as the Shadow Temple and the Arbiter's Grounds in Gerudo Desert serve as evidence and reminders of the kingdom's bloody history of greed and hatred.
Ancient Battle: After the three Golden Goddesses finished creating the realm which would come to be known as Hyrule,[13] they trusted the Triforce in the hands of the Goddess Hylia and her chosen hero. The Demon King Demise, wanting to make the world his own, gathered an army of monsters and together launched an attack against the people of the surface, murdering them and causing misfortunes in an attempt to get their hands on the power guarded by Hylia. The goddess gathered the surviving humans on a piece of land and sent it to the heavens, beyond the clouds and out of reach from the evil plaguing the land. In order to keep it from falling into the hands of Demise, Hylia also sent the Triforce to The Sky and hid the portals to three pieces of the Triforce within Sky Keep, and enshrined the Goddess Sword inside the Statue of the Goddess, to be found by her next chosen hero when the time was right. This war took place thousands of years before the events of Skyward Sword.
Battle for the Sacred Realm: Before the Kingdom of Hyrule was established, there was an era of chaos with wars being fought over ownership of the Triforce, which was located in the Sacred Realm. The conflict lasted long enough to be considered an era of its own, but was put to an end when the ancient sage Rauru constructed the Temple of Time over the remains over the Sealed Temple. This new temple contained the only sealed entrance to the Sacred Realm.[14][15] The Triforce was placed in the Temple of Light, located in the center of the Sacred Realm, which was now isolated from Hyrule.[16] With the chaotic era at an end, the land entered an era of prosperity and Hyrule was established by the descendants of Zelda, the mortal incarnation of the goddess Hylia.[17] This conflict took place many years after the events of Skyward Sword and before the War of the Bound Chest.
War of the Bound Chest: During the early development of Hyrule as a kingdom, the Hero of Men fought many evil creatures during ancient times using the Picori Blade and the Light Force given to him by the Picori. He sealed the evil monsters inside of the Bound Chest using the blade and the force. The Picori Blade was enshrined by the Royal Family of Hyrule and the Light Force was sealed within Hyrule's princess at the time. An annual festival would be held in Hyrule in response to the events of the war. It took place a hundred years before the events of The Minish Cap.

The Knights of Hyrule fight.
Hyrulean Civil War: This war was begun for unknown reasons, but it was said according to the Great Deku Tree to be a horrific and prolonged war that resulted in the unification of the country under the banner of the Royal Family. At some point during the war, Link's mother was badly injured, but managed to reach the forbidden Kokiri Forest, where she entrusted her baby, the future Hero of Time, in the care of the Great Deku Tree before passing away. It took place some unknown amount of time after the events of Four Swords and a few years before the events of Ocarina of Time.

Official art of the Imprisoning War, depicting the knights fighting.
Imprisoning War: When word of the Sacred Realm, the hidden location of the Triforce, broke out, lustful people took up war and began to enter it, evil began pouring fourth from the entrance. The Knights of Hyrule were nearly wiped out during the ensuing conflict, but the Seven Sages, at the command of the King of Hyrule, were able to seal the entrance to the Sacred Realm, which had previously been transformed into the Dark World, when Ganondorf entered it and obtained the Triforce of Power from the Temple of Light. It took place many years after the Downfall Timeline ending of Ocarina of Time[18] and hundreds of years before the events of A Link to the Past.
Great Cataclysm: The Great Cataclysm is mentioned in a prophecy of the Seven Sages that was passed down by the people of Hyrule. The Sages predicted that Ganon would eventually try to break the Seal that they created at the conclusion of the Imprisoning War. Hundreds of years later, the prophecy came true when Ganon used an alter-ego named Agahnim to remove the King of Hyrule from his throne and rule the kingdom. Agahnim brainwashed the soldiers to gain full control over the castle and abducted maidens, descendants of the Seven Sages, teleporting them to the Dark World, so that Ganon could use their power to break the seal. This conflict occurred during the events of A Link to the Past.
Decline Era conflict: Shortly before the events of The Legend of Zelda, Ganon invaded the kingdom with his army of demons and stole the Triforce of Power. Princess Zelda then broke the Triforce of Wisdom into 8 shards and scattered them throughout the kingdom, instructing Impa to find someone with the courage to defeat Ganon. Angered, Ganon kidnapped Princess Zelda and sent his minions after Impa, who was on the verge of being captured before she was rescued by Link. Although Link managed afterwards to defeat Ganon, six years later, his followers kept destroying the land and were scheming to resurrect their master. Link eventually restored the complete Triforce by retrieving the Triforce of Courage from the Great Palace, and brought again peace to the land. This prolonged conflict took place many years after the end of the Golden Era.
Interloper War: When the Dark Interlopers attempted to seize control of the Sacred Realm and claim the Triforce for themselves, the Light Spirits intervened and sealed them away in the Twilight Realm, outside of which they could only exist as shadows. It took place some time before the events of Twilight Princess.
Shadow Invasion: Hyrule was invaded by an evil Twili named Zant, who seized control of the Twilight Realm and covered Hyrule in Twilight on the order of his dark master, Ganondorf, who returned to haunt Hyrule once following his failed execution in the Arbiter's Grounds. It took place hundreds of years after the Child Timeline ending of Ocarina of Time and the events of Majora's Mask, an unknown period of time after the Interloper War, and during the events of Twilight Princess.
Demonic Raid: In Four Swords Adventures it is mentioned that long before the events of the game, a Dark Tribe invaded Hyrule. The creatures of darkness were defeated and sealed away inside the Dark Mirror, which was subsequently hidden in the Temple of Darkness to sever its connection to the world.
Dark Plague: Hyrule was in peace for hundreds of years until Ganondorf, the Gerudo Thief, was reborn. Ganondorf violated the law of the Gerudo village, when he entered the Pyramid to steal a powerful Trident located inside. After transforming into the King of Darkness, Ganon, he stole the Dark Mirror from the Temple of Darkness and covered the whole land of Hyrule in dark clouds. He created Shadow Link with the mirror, and used him to trick Link into freeing Vaati from his seal, so that Vaati could open gates to the Dark World. Ganon absorbed the Hyruleans' power and turned the Knights of Hyrule who guarded the Royal Jewels into monsters. This conflict took place hundreds of years after the events of Twilight Princess and during the events of Four Swords Adventures.
Great Flood: Hyrule was invaded once again by Ganondorf, who broke out of his seal in the Sacred Realm, and was subsequently buried beneath a deluge of rainwater by the Golden Goddesses in an attempt to stop him dominating the kingdom when the Hero of Time failed to appear once more. The Goddesses instructed those chosen to move to the kingdom's mountaintops that would become the islands of the Great Sea. It took place many years after the Adult Timeline ending of Ocarina of Time and centuries before the events of The Wind Waker.
Spirit War: Long before the events of Spirit Tracks, a war broke out between the Spirits of Good and the Demon King Malladus. This resulted in the Demon King being imprisoned beneath the earth by the Spirit Tracks and the Tower of Spirits. Wearied from the war, the Spirits of Good departed for the heavens and sent the Lokomos to ensure that the Demon King would not escape his seal. The war seems to have occurred many years before the arrival of the new settlers and the re-establishment of the kingdom of Hyrule by Tetra.[19]
Theology

A Hylian manuscript of the Golden Goddesses and the creation of Hyrule and the Triforce.
Hyrule is known to be a polytheistic society, and the greatest of the deities worshiped by the Hyruleans are the three Golden Goddesses: Din the Goddess of Power, Nayru the Goddess of Wisdom, and Farore the Goddess of Courage. These three goddesses are the most highly-revered of all deities throughout the entire realm of Hyrule, as they were responsible for the creation of Hyrule and all who live in it. The people have also been known to worship the essences of these goddesses, which live within the almighty relic the goddesses created, the mythical Triforce. The goddesses have answered the prayers of the people at dark times of Hyrule's history, such as drowning Hyrule beneath the Great Flood to save its people from destruction at Ganon's hands and sending the Light Spirits to imprison the Dark Interlopers within the confines of the Twilight Realm to save Hyrule's people from their wicked reign.
The Golden Goddesses are not the only deities worshiped. The Zoras worship their patron deity, the great fish Lord Jabu-Jabu, going so far as to accord him a special place of honor in their society.[20] They are also known to use the Water Temple to worship water spirits.[21] The Kokiri pay homage to the great forest spirit known as the Great Deku Tree and hold him in the highest regard as both their father and protector.[22] The Gerudo are known to worship the mysterious Goddess of the Sand, to whom they dedicated the construction of the Spirit Temple.[23][24] There have also been other deities, such as the aforementioned Light Spirits, that are also worshiped by the people as the guardian deities of their respective provinces.

The Temple of Time
Several houses of worship and temples exist in Hyrulean society. Hyrule has been known to have temples dedicated to each of several different elements, each with a caretaker Sage that is guardian of the temple.[25] The most well known of these Sages are the Seven Sages: Rauru in the Temple of Light at the heart of the Sacred Realm, Saria in the Forest Temple deep within the Lost Woods, Darunia in the Fire Temple on Death Mountain, Ruto in the Water Temple deep beneath Lake Hylia, Impa in the Shadow Temple residing in the graveyard in the shadow of Death Mountain, Nabooru in the Spirit Temple far across the desert in the Desert Colossus, and Princess Zelda in the Temple of Time. The Temple of Time's architecture also draws from Gothic cathedral architecture, and acts as the primary gateway to the Sacred Realm. The Earth Temple and the Wind Temple house the Sages whose prayers power the Master Sword and grant it the Power to Repel Evil.[26]
Several towns in The Adventure of Link have churches, and a lone priest that resides at the Sanctuary in A Link to the Past helped smuggle Zelda out of Agahnim's clutches. Renado is the village shaman of Kakariko Village in Twilight Princess and the unofficial leader of the village. These figures, alongside the Sages, act as chief members of Hyrule's theological sphere.
Governance

Main article: Royal Family of Hyrule
Crest of Hyrule.png
The crest of the Hyrulean Royal Family.
Hyrule's form of government has remained relatively consistent throughout its history, with an ancient monarchy, the Royal Family of Hyrule, ruling over the lower-caste citizens of the kingdom from Hyrule's capital city, Hyrule Castle Town. The Royal Family itself rules from the seat of government in the land of Hyrule, Hyrule Castle, the namesake of the capital. The government is typically headed by the King of Hyrule, and his heir in most depictions of Hyrule is his daughter or descendant, Princess Zelda. In some cases, Zelda herself has ruled over the land as matriarch of the Royal Family as well, such as during the Twili invasion of Hyrule. Hyrule is typically divided into various provinces and most of the various races pledge their allegiance to the central government headed by the Royal Family. Each race has its own local government and the individual tribal leaders, but all races pledge their overall allegiance to the Royal Family as kingdom of Hyrule citizens .
Hyrule has faced many coups throughout its history, but ultimately the Royal Family is usually restored to power through the efforts of Hyrule's hero, Link.
Military
Main article: Soldier
Hylianguard.png
The Hyrulean Soldiers make up the bulk of Hyrule's military forces. Despite their duty to protect the peace, the guards have a poor reputation and a tendency towards cowardice,[27] they will shrink in fear whenever Wolf Link passes by them. The guards have been unsuccessful in defending Hyrule in more recent games, falling to the army led by Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time as well as being overpowered by the forces of twilight led by Zant. Due to their minor inefficiencies, they often are unable to prevent infiltration of even Hyrule Castle. However, they have not always been cowardly; they have valiantly defended Princess Zelda from Zant's forces even as the Throne Room of Hyrule Castle underwent the twilight invasion of Twilight Princess; and while trying to prevent Vaati from blasting open the Bound Chest in The Minish Cap.
File:BlueKnight.png
A Knight of Hyrule
However, these guards were also very wary of when evil took over their kingdom. When Vaati impersonated King Daltus, the guards who dissented were turned to stone.[28] When the guards would not follow an evil ruler, they were brainwashed into doing so.[29] In A Link to the Past, the dark wizard Agahnim took over the country through much cunning and deceit; one of the first things he did was take over Hyrule's military force using his powerful magic. The guards are shown to be freed of this spell when Link destroys Agahnim and returns the Royal Family to power. Although the guards are mostly concentrated in the Hyrulean capital city Hyrule Castle Town, they are seen spread out all across the kingdom as well.
The more recent interpretations of the guards are vastly different compared to the more noble Knights of Hyrule spoken of in A Link to the Past, who gave their lives almost to the utter last in order to protect the Seven Sages as they cast their seal on the Dark World. Whether the Knights of Hyrule have any connection to the present day guards that make up Hyrule's military is unclear, but if the Knights of Hyrule were indeed the forerunners of the present guards, it would mean a vast decline in their efficiency and courage since the times of the Imprisoning War. A similar set of knights also called the "Knights of Hyrule" acted as the guardians of the Royal Jewels in Four Swords Adventures, and only four existed. Each protecting one of the four jewels that would restore the Tower of Winds and yield access to the Realm of the Heavens. Whether these four knights have any connection to the Knights of Hyrule spoken of in the tales of the Imprisoning War is unclear, but both are reputed for their bravery.
Hyrule's military plays a larger role in Hyrule Warriors as the Hyrulean Forces, who fight to protect the kingdom in the war waged by the Dark Forces. Hyrule's military is joined by Hylian soldiers as well as Gorons. Unlike their previous incarnations, the soldiers are more successful, with Warriors like Link, Impa and Lana winning many of their battles.
Economy

RupeeBlueArtwork.png
A Blue Rupee.
Main article: Rupee
Hyrule's official currency is a small jewel-like object known as the Rupee. Several color and size variations are used to denote values. Some, such as green, blue or yellow Rupees are worth less than rarer Rupees as red, purple, orange, silver or gold. Rupees are accepted in almost any establishment throughout the kingdom of Hyrule and are the single most common form of payment in the marketplace of Hyrule's capital city, Hyrule Castle Town.
Technology
Main article: Technology in The Legend of Zelda Universe
Hyrule is usually portrayed as a medieval land, though some advancements take place in Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword.
Geography

Main article: Hyrule/Locations and Landmarks
Like many of the other lands depicted in the Zelda series such as Termina, Holodrum and Labrynna, Hyrule's geography varies greatly from region to region. In most depictions of Hyrule, the land is shown to be a collection of regions with varying geographies and climates usually linked by a great open expanse of land known as Hyrule Field. Hyrule Castle Town and by extension Hyrule Castle are usually located near the central part of the country and not far away from Hyrule Field. The other regions of Hyrule as stated before vary greatly in their composition and appearance. For example, the region most associated with the rock-loving Gorons is the sweltering and rocky Death Mountain, which has little to no vegetation and is for all intents and purposes a large volcano. On the other hand, there are parts of the country covered by deep forests that have a more hospitable climate and atmosphere, where plant-life and vegetation are much more common and provide a means to live for such forest-dwellers as the child-like Kokiri race. Hyrule is also usually shown to be home to a vast lake usually named Lake Hylia as well as a watery grotto named Zora's Domain, both being more hospitable and suitable to the aquatic Zora race. Hyrule is also known to have snowy regions as well, such as the Snowpeak Mountain Range, which is the preferred home region of the Yeti race. Finally, Hyrule is also usually shown to be home to a vast desert (usually to the west), more commonly known as the Gerudo Desert amongst other names, which is home to such desert-dwelling tribes as the Gerudo or the Zuna. Taken altogether, Hyrule is shown to be a melting pot of sorts in regards to its geography as it has been shown to possess nearly every kind of climate and terrain, and the implied ages that span between each game are more than sufficient to erode and shift the land, and for temples and cities to be moved and rebuilt.
Population

Races of Hyrule
Pair Kinstones.png
It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Hyrulean .
Discuss this on the article's talk page.

Princess Zelda.png
Princess Zelda, a notable Hylian
Hyrule is home to numerous races which are scattered all across the land, each inhabiting a different part of the kingdom. The main distinction between Hyrule's inhabitants is that of Hylians and Hyruleans. Hylian refers to the specific race prominently appearing throughout Hyrule. Hyrulean refers to the many humanoid and non humanoid races that have inhabited Hyrule.
With the exception of the Hylians, most of the races have preferred environments and primarily reside among members of their own race. Moreover, few of Hyrule's races are limited to residency in just this one kingdom. Other lands of the Legend of Zelda series have featured these, and even more exotic races.
Humanoid Hyruleans
Hylians
Main article: Hylian
The Hylians are the dominant race of the realm, with close ties to the goddesses as their chosen people.[30] The Hylians are extremely abundant and are quite similar to humans on earth. Unlike most other races of Hyrule, Hylians tend to live in large cities, such as Hyrule Castle Town or Kakariko Village. They are said to be born with magic-infused blood and use magic quite often.[31]
OoT Saria.png
Saria, one of the most famous members of the Kokiri race.
Gerudo
Main article: Gerudo
The Gerudo are a race of largely female thieves who hail from the desert far to the west of Hyrule. They live in the Gerudo's Fortress, nestled in the cliffs of Gerudo Valley, where they guard the entrance to the desert. According to Gerudo lore, only one male Gerudo is born every century, and that single male is to become King of the Gerudo. It is hinted that the Gerudo take on relationships with Hylian men for reproductive purposes.[32] The Gerudo have a largely Arabesque appearance, even carrying scimitar-like swords for protection.
Kokiri
Main article: Kokiri
The Kokiri, a humanoid, child-like race, reside deep in the Kokiri Forest under the protection of the Great Deku Tree. With long lifespans and never aging,[33] these small beings are the dominant race of the forest and are the guardians of the Forest Temple deep in the Lost Woods. They have only ever appeared in Hyrule, making them unique to the land, unlike other races.
Sheikah
Main article: Sheikah
The mysterious Sheikah are a race of ninja-like shadow warriors, said to be the guardians of the Royal Family of Hyrule.[34] They are said to have been the builders and founders of Kakariko Village.[35] Little definite information is known about this race, but speculation abounds as to their history and the reasons for their subsequent disappearance. The Sheikah have red-colored eyes but are otherwise a humanoid race of beings quite similar in appearance to Hylians and humans.
Wind Tribe
Main article: Wind Tribe
The Wind Tribe are a race of humanoid beings who have magical powers strongly connected to the winds, as the guardians of the Wind Element. They were responsible for the construction of the Fortress of Winds in the Wind Ruins just south of Castor Wilds as well as the Palace of Winds and the Tower of Winds above Hyrule.[36][37] They were said to have been the favorite tribe of Gustaf, an ancient King of Hyrule.[38] After living in the marshlands of the Castor Wilds for a time, the Wind Tribe abandoned the Wind Ruins and the Fortress of Winds, leaving for the Cloud Tops and taking the Wind Element with them. In the Cloud Tops, they have made the Tower of Winds their home as well as the road to the Palace of Winds.
Non-Humanoid Hyruleans
Zoras
Main article: Zora
TP Zora.png
A Zora.
The Zoras are aquatic, amphibious creatures that inhabit the waters of the kingdom, and are found in different forms which differ greatly in appearance and behavior. River Zoras occupy the rivers and appear more fish-like and aggressive, and can spit fireballs at passers-by, whereas Sea Zoras seem to be more peaceful and appear to be a hybrid between human and fish. Zora’s Domain is home to much of the Zora race, and is the source of all of Hyrule’s water in most stories set in Hyrule. The Zoras are often ruled by a monarchy themselves, the Royal Family of the Zoras usually headed by King Zora, though they also swear allegiance to the central Hyrulean government.[39][40] They serve the Royal Family of Hyrule largely by guarding Hyrule’s water supply.[40]
Gorons
Main article: Goron
The Gorons are a race of rock-consuming, golem-like creatures that inhabit the mountainous regions and rocky areas of Hyrule, largely Death Mountain.[41] They possess superhuman strength and the ability to curl up into a ball and roll at high speeds, and are completely heat-resistant, able to wade through lava for extended periods of time. They have formed an alliance with the Royal Family of Hyrule, answering to the central government headed by the King of Hyrule.[42] However, in the day-to-day governing of their tribe, they live under a council of elders typically headed by a patriarch, such as Darunia or Darbus.[42][43]
Deku
Main article: Deku
Deku Scrub.png
A Deku Scrub, one of the primary members of the Deku family.
Also inhabiting the forests of the kingdom are the plant-like race known as the Deku. The Deku of Hyrule are composed of the Deku Scrubs, which spit nuts as passersby or try to sell wares to those whom they meet. Typically these Deku Scrubs will live near a Deku Flower, into which they can retreat. The Deku do not appear to have any allegiance to any form of government in Hyrule. The term "Deku" has referred to Great Deku Tree, Deku Baba, and many items related to the forest nature of the creatures.
Zuna
Main article: Zuna
The Zuna are a race of desert-dwelling nomads featured so far only in Four Swords Adventures, where they inhabit the Desert of Doubt alongside the Gerudo. They are a race of green-skinned humanoid beings that are said to be descended from the ancient tribe that built the Pyramid and sealed the Trident of Power there.[44] Outside of that, little is known of their race's origins or how they came to live in Hyrule. They live in a small village in the central part of the Desert of Doubt, in small huts with flowers atop their roofs.
Minish
Main article: Minish
An example of a Forest Minish.
The Minish are a race of tiny beings who are largely responsible for Rupees and countless objects such as Magic Jars and Bombs being hidden in the weeds, grass, and beneath the pots throughout Hyrule. They are said to be concerned with bringing happiness to humans.[citation needed] The Minish seemingly did not originate from Hyrule however, as their homeland is said to be the Minish Realm that is connected to Hyrule. The passageway connecting the two worlds, the Minish Door, opens only temporarily once a century to allow the Minish to traverse to or from Hyrule. Though they primarily live in the Minish Village deep in the Minish Woods of Hyrule, they are also scattered around Hyrule, such as in Hyrule Town, Castor Wilds, and even up on Mount Crenel.
Oocca
Main article: Oocca

A grown and infant Oocca.
The strange Oocca race inhabits the City in the Sky, floating high above Hyrule. Only fragments of the Oocca's history have been revealed. They are said to be the creators of the Dominion Rod (known to their tribe as the "Rod of the Heavens"), a magical rod that possesses the power to infuse life into certain statues found scattered across Hyrule.[45] They are hinted to have had a close connection to both the Royal Family of Hyrule and the Sheikah, as they left the Ancient Sky Book to the Sheikah tribe upon departing for the City in the Sky.[46] The Oocca maintained relations with the Royal Family even after they left for the skies, by means of the "Messenger to the Heavens" who would carry the "Rod of the Heavens" and journey between the surface and the city by the Sky Cannon.[45] The Oocca have mysteriously lost touch with the surface-dwellers of Hyrule and nobody has seen one in living memory, causing many to believe their existence to be a myth.
Animals
Aside from the following races, Hyrule's inhabitants include many familiar animals such as horses, cows, dogs, cats, and the like. The distinction between Animals and Beasts lies in the aggressiveness of the two. Hyrulean beasts are very varied; the primary categorization used by the Legend of Zelda series' creators is the ones found in the Overworld and those of the Underworlds of Hyrule.
Theories

Theory Warning hide

Similarities between the map of The Legend of Zelda and the southwestern corner of The Adventure of Link's map
The manual of The Legend of Zelda places the game in a little kingdom in the land of Hyrule.[47] In The Adventure of Link it is also mentioned that there was a time when Hyrule was united under one kingdom.[48] This indicates that the "little kingdom" is a small part of a greater geographical territory collectively known as Hyrule. There are also some evidence suggesting that this kingdom occupies the southwestern corner of The Adventure of Link's map. Both territories contain a Death Mountain, Spectacle Rock, graveyard, twin ponds, sideways L-shaped forested area, mazelike forested area, and a eastern side that borders water. The overworld map of the Valiant Comics helps support this idea, though the comics themselves are universally considered ambiguously canonical.
If one rotates the Light World map from A Link to the Past clockwise forty-five degrees, several landmarks end up roughly where they are located in the map for Ocarina of Time - with Hyrule Castle in the center of the map, Death Mountain is to the north-east, Zora's River to the south-east, Lake Hylia to the south, and the desert is to the west. The only major locations that don't match up are the Lost Woods and Kakariko Village, which move to where Hyrule Castle and Castle Town are on the Ocarina of Time map. However, this can be seen as being the Hyrule of Ocarina of Time, due to the fact that that the Master Sword is still in the same general area, suggesting that in the Downfall Timeline, Hyrule Castle was rebuilt in a new location after Castle Town and Hyrule Castle of Ocarina of Time had been destroyed by Ganondorf.
Gallery

Link looks over Hyrule, official art from The Legend of Zelda.

Hyrule map from The Legend of Zelda.

Hyrule map with indications from The Legend of Zelda.

Hyrule map from The Adventure of Link.

Artwork of the Hyrule map from The Adventure of Link

Map of Hyrule from the Legend of Zelda Valiant Comics.

Hyrule, official art from A Link to the Past.

Light World Map from A Link to the Past.

The Light World map, as seen in A Link to the Past

Dark World Map from A Link to the Past.

The Dark World map, as seen in A Link to the Past

The Hyrule map from Ocarina of Time

The Hyrule map from Ocarina of Time 3D

Hyrule seen briefly in the intro of the Oracle Series

Hyrule as shown in the prologue of The Wind Waker

Hyrule frozen in time, from The Wind Waker.

Hyrule from The Wind Waker

View of Hyrule from atop Ganon's Tower in The Wind Waker.

The map of Hyrule from Four Swords

A map of Hyrule, as it appears in Four Swords Adventures.

A map of Hyrule from Four Swords Adventures

Map of Hyrule as featured in The Minish Cap.

Hyrule, as seen in The Minish Cap

Hyrule, as seen from a beanstalk in The Minish Cap

Hyrule, as seen from the Fortress of Winds in The Minish Cap

The Hyrule map from Twilight Princess

Map of Hyrule as featured in Spirit Tracks.

The map of Hyrule in Spirit Tracks

The map of Hyrule, as seen in Skyward Sword

Concept art of the Surface in Skyward Sword

The map of Hyrule, as seen in A Link Between Worlds.

Hyrule (and Lorule depicted on the water's reflection), as seen in A Link Between Worlds.

Hyrule, as seen in Zelda Wii U

Music

The Overworld theme of The Legend of Zelda

The Overworld theme of The Adventure of Link

The Overworld theme of A Link to the Past

The Overworld theme of Ocarina of Time

The Overworld theme of The Minish Cap

The Overworld theme of Twilight Princess

The night Overworld theme of Twilight Princess

The Overworld theme of Spirit Tracks

References

↑ "With Hyrule on the brink of destruction, it's time to fight." — Hyrule Warriors US commercial, YouTube, retrieved October 14, 2014.
↑ "You know, Link... It's sort of all right down here. This place needs a name. Yeah... A name fitting for this rugged, adventurous wilderness. From now on, we'll call it... Grooseland!" — Groose (Skyward Sword)
↑ "Long ago, there existed a kingdom where a golden power lay hidden. It was a prosperous land blessed with green forests, tall mountains, and peace." — Introduction (The Wind Waker)
↑ "In the kingdom of Hyrule there is a great castle, and around it is Castle Town, a community far bigger than our little village. ...And far bigger than Hyrule is the rest of the world the gods created." — Rusl (Twilight Princess)
↑ "It was another world entirely... The antithesis of Hyrule, where the sun shines bright." — Midna (Twilight Princess)
↑ "Long ago, in the beautiful kingdom of Hyrule surrounded by mountains and forests... legends told of an omnipotent and omniscient Golden Power that resided in a hidden land." — Introduction (A Link to the Past)
↑ "Hyrule is a land rich in beauty." (Ocarina of Time manual, pg. 7)
↑ "When all was chaos, the goddesses descended and gave order and life to the world. They granted power equally to all who dwelt in the light, and then returned to the heavens." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess)
↑ "Before time began, before spirits and life existed... Three golden goddesses descended upon the chaos that was Hyrule... Din, the goddess of power... Nayru, the goddess of wisdom... Farore, the goddess of courage... Din... With her strong flaming arms, she cultivated the land and created the red earth. Nayru... Poured her wisdom onto the earth and gave the spirit of law to the world. Farore... With her rich soul, produced all life forms who would uphold the law." — Great Deku Tree (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "The three great goddesses, their labors completed, departed for the heavens. And golden sacred triangles remained at the point where the goddesses left the world. Since then, the sacred triangles have become the basis of our world's providence. And, the resting place of the triangles has become the Sacred Realm." — Great Deku Tree (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "In addition to the Hylians, many diverse groups of people dwell in this country." (Ocarina of Time manual, pg. 7)
↑ "What Ganondorf is after must be nothing less than the Triforce of the Sacred Realm. He must have come to Hyrule to obtain it! And, he wants to conquer Hyrule... no, the entire world!" — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "Created by the Golden Goddesses and protected by the goddess Hylia, the world eventually became known as Hyrule." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 77)
↑ "Rauru, the Sage of Light, constructed the Temple of Time, which contained the only existing entrance to the Sacred Realm, where the Triforce was located." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 77)
↑ "Temple of Time: The only entrance to the Sacred Realm's Temple of Light, the Temple of Time shares the same name as the temple in the Lanayru Desert of the Era of the Goddess Hylia. It is thought that Rauru built the Temple of Time directly over the ruins of the Sealed Temple." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 77)
↑ "The Triforce was placed in the Temple of Light, located in the Sacred Realm, which was now isolated from Hyrule." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 77)
↑ "The descendents of the goddess Hylia, who was reincarnated as Princess Zelda, established the kingdom of Hyrule and became Hyrule’s royal family." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 77)
↑ "Many Years Later" (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 93)
↑ "Anjean: One of the sages of the Lokomo tribe who was sent to the surface world by the gods in the distant past. A friend to Tetra the pirate, she watches over the Tower of Spirits" (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 134)
↑ "Lord Jabu-Jabu is the patron deity of the Zoras." — Zora (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "At the lake bottom there is a Water Temple used to worship the water spirits. The Zoras are guardians of the temple." — Kaepora Gaebora (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "The Great Deku Tree is our father, the forest guardian, and he gave life to all of us Kokiri!" — Kokiri girl (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "One inside a goddess of the sand..." — Sheik (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "I once heard a mysterious bird say..."Go, young man. Go to the Desert Goddess with an ocarina."" — Saria (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "When evil rules all, an awakening voice from the Sacred Realm will call those destined to be Sages, who dwell in the five temples." — Sheik (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "The fact that the Master Sword lost the power to repel evil suggests to me that something has happened to the sages who infused the blade with the gods' power. The sages should be here in Hyrule...in the Wind Temple to the north and the Earth Temple to the south, praying to the gods." — King of Red Lions (The Wind Waker)
↑ "And here I was, thinking Hyrule was empty of men of valor..." — Ashei (Twilight Princess)
↑ "He's taken over the castle! One by one, he turned us all to stone. Everyone, cursed by his evil magic..." — Guard (The Minish Cap)
↑ "After Agahnim took over, everyone began to act strangely. I suppose it's only a matter of time before I'm affected, too." — Guard (A Link to the Past)
↑ "Yes, according to legend, Hyrule was made by the Hylians, who, as we all know, are the closest race to the gods." — Shad (Twilight Princess)
↑ "With their magic infused blood, the Hylian people were endowed with psychic powers and skill in wizardry." (A Link to the Past manual, pg. 3)
↑ "They say that Gerudos sometimes come to Hyrule Castle Town to look for boyfriends." — Gossip Stone (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "That's because the Kokiri never grow up! Even after seven years, they're still kids!" — Deku Sprout (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "They are the Sheikah...the shadows of the Hylians. They say they swore allegiance to the King of Hyrule and guarded the Royal Family." — Shikashi (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "Zelda's attendant, the great Impa, opened this village to the common people. We have only a small population now, but someday this place will be as lively as Hyrule Castle Town!" — A guard (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "The people who built the Wind Ruins. They now live above the clouds, suspended by their own magic ability to control the wind." — Wind Tribe Figurine (The Minish Cap)
↑ "Although we are of the Wind Tribe, we, too, once lived on the surface. Once, the place you call the Wind Ruins was, to us, a home." — Caprice (The Minish Cap)
↑ "He was very fond of the people of the Wind Tribe." — King Gustaf Figurine (The Minish Cap)
↑ "We Zoras all serve the great King Zora." — A Zora (Ocarina of Time)
↑ 40.0 40.1 "The Zoras serve Hyrule's Royal Family by protecting this water source." — Kaepora Gaebora (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "I am one of the Gorons, the stone-eating people who live on Death Mountain." — A Goron (Ocarina of Time)
↑ 42.0 42.1 "Has Darunia, the big boss of the Gorons, really lost so much status to be treated like this by his Sworn Brother, the King?" — Darunia (Ocarina of Time)
↑ "Because of certain...circumstances, I must lead the Goron tribe in place of Darbus, our tribal patriarch." — Gor Coron (Twilight Princess)
↑ "We of the Zuna tribe live in this village. We may not look it now, but we are descended from the wise pyramid builders!" — Zuna (Four Swords Adventures)
↑ 45.0 45.1 "Among the legends of my clan, there is a story from the time when the Oocca still maintained contact with the royal family. Yes, it said that a mysterious rod was handed down from the people of the sky, and it was called the Dominion Rod... The rod was only to be carried by the messenger to the heavens when the royal family needed to communicate with the Oocca." — Impaz (Twilight Princess)
↑ "From generation to generation, my ancestors have guarded the book that, by royal decree, was to be given to the messenger to the heavens." — Impaz (Twilight Princess)
↑ "A long, long time ago the World was in an age of Chaos. In the midst of this chaos, in a little kingdom in the land of Hyrule, a legend was being handed down from generation to generation, the legend of the "Triforce"; golden triangles possessing mystical powers." (The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 3)
↑ "It is said that long ago, when Hyrule was one country, a great ruler maintained the peace in Hyrule using the Triforce." (The Adventure of Link manual, pg. 6)
Language Name Meaning
Japanese Japan ハイラル王国 (Hairaru Ōkoku) Hyrule Kingdom
Spanish Latin America Hyrule
French Canada Hyrule
Russian Russia Хирул

Categories: PlacesHyruleCountriesPlaces in The Adventure of LinkPlaces in A Link to the PastPlaces in Ocarina of TimePlaces in The Wind WakerPlaces in The Minish CapPlaces in Twilight PrincessPlaces in Spirit TracksPlaces in Skyward SwordPlaces in A Link Between WorldsPlaces in The Crystal TrapPlaces in The Shadow Prince
Navigation menu

Search
Search
Main Page
All Categories
All Pages
Wanted Pages
Recent Changes
Random Page
Random Image
Sandbox
Help Guide
About
Staff
Community
Getting Involved
Discussion Center
Forum
Image Requests
Announcements
Toolbox

This page was last modified on 18 September 2015, at 10:06.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
zelda game good game

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://zeldawiki.org/Nintendo_Independent_Wiki_Alliance

i'm really excitited for my bikiny sammus guys. guys

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Maybe she'll be into weird poo poo

Maybe she'll do.....

...what nintendon't!!!! :iamafag:

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
We should just let the world drown itself with global warming.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

jackyl posted:

the only joy that could cancel out the depressing subject matter of the op would be "goon zelda wedding" pictures

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth
lok out here come my piccs lol

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
im takin these pics to the picture bank, along with all these simeloeans from the video game

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I have trouble finding girls who aren't into zelda.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Having trouble finding a girl who is into GBS.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i want a girlfriend so i don't have to play video games

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

I think it would be irritating if a girl was into the same poo poo as I am. I'm glad my gf is into stuff that I can make fun of.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Aww they look really pretty, too bad a it's video game thing.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Leroy Dennui posted:

Aww they look really pretty, too bad a it's video game thing.

pretty = sticking dicks in your ears?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

String Beans posted:

Nintendo based relationships work out well.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Naerasa posted:

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
You know you've hosed-up when Reddit is laughing at you over something like this.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Justin Godscock posted:

You know you've hosed-up when Reddit is laughing at you over something like this.

when reddit is laughing at you for relationship problems its time to kill yourself.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I wonder if he's got some kind of Zelda fetish and he needs a girl that will open to roleplaying it with him

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

froward posted:

lok out here come my piccs lol

as way obsessive as the whole wedding is, I thought the people would themselves be very goony. that's the first married couple i've ever seen and said "i'd gently caress both of 'em"

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
maybe insatead of zelda he should become friends with dorothy

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

mdm posted:

good idea but I think Blanche stands a better chance of putting out

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mdm posted:

she has some really nice shoes

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

extra stout posted:

as way obsessive as the whole wedding is, I thought the people would themselves be very goony. that's the first married couple i've ever seen and said "i'd gently caress both of 'em"
That's just a cosplay photoshoot, not a real wedding, but they're both pretty drat hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i want to gently caress a video game

• Locked thread