Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Joey Freshwater posted:

Tennessee to the Outback bowl v. Northwestern

new years day bowl! very cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Wisconsin is finally playing USC. Should actually be a good (maybe not though) game.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Neodoomium posted:

What kind of swag do you get at that game? Huge bags of wheat and corn?

You've already got those.

Wrong kind of farm

quote:

In 1998, Foster Poultry Farms pleaded guilty in the United States District Court to a violation of the federal Clean Water Act. The company had dumped 11 million gallons of chicken-manure-polluted water into the San Luis National Wildlife Refuge.

Though I checked and last year the bowl gave out Fossil watches. I'd take the corn, personally

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
LSU playing Texas Tech in Texas Bowl

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Spintzel posted:

LSU playing Texas Tech in Texas Bowl

Fournette against the 125th ranked rushing defense. 42 touchdowns and an average of 271.8/ yards a game.

We do have the 2nd ranked passing offense so it should be a fun game(hopefully). Washington state and Mike Leach are 1st in passing offense, I like Kingsbury alot but I really miss Coach Leach.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Definitely pleased with the Jan 1 bowl for the Vols. We can beat NW.

The Fiesta Bowl may be the only time in my life I root for Notre Dame.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

texaholic posted:

Fournette against the 125th ranked rushing defense. 42 touchdowns and an average of 271.8/ yards a game.

We do have the 2nd ranked passing offense so it should be a fun game(hopefully). Washington state and Mike Leach are 1st in passing offense, I like Kingsbury alot but I really miss Coach Leach.

2nd overall offense too vs Wazzou's 22nd. Kliff will eclipse Leach as the air raid guru, if he hasn't already.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Depending on how well LSU's defense plays I think TTech and LSU would be a super good game

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Spintzel posted:

Depending on how well LSU's defense plays I think TTech and LSU would be a super good game

Houston has a lot of TTU and LSU alumni. I went to high school with several people who went to LSU, the atmosphere in stadium should be pretty good too. Probably a slight crowd advantage for LSU.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
So we're going to Tuscon to play a conference opponent.

loving whoopee...

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Did they already play this season?

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

texaholic posted:

Did they already play this season?
No. It sucks anyway. CSU isn't really a rival and the MWC isn't so big that we won't see them often enough, if that's what you're thinking.

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 7, 2015

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

That's kind of bullshit that the 5-7 teams got placed before those two.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

texaholic posted:

Houston has a lot of TTU and LSU alumni. I went to high school with several people who went to LSU, the atmosphere in stadium should be pretty good too. Probably a slight crowd advantage for LSU.

cajuns travel real well

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Qwijib0 posted:

Looks like tickets on the west side are as cheap as $15. (for $1K you can participate in the coin toss!)

If you decide to go and want to meet up, LMK. I'll probably be on campus that day anyway.
loving :lol: that's a sad-poo poo matchup.

I'll probably pass on the game, I don't want to give money to that incredible debacle.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
OP is fully up to date, and thus the bowl prediction season is over :( Next week we get to go full :911: and then start fapping over MACtion/Fun Belt matchups! Here to no defense!

LSC
Apr 17, 2006

Are we doing a Bowl Mania group this year?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I have honest to god never heard of the TV channel Campus Insiders :psyduck:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

DJExile posted:

I have honest to god never heard of the TV channel Campus Insiders :psyduck:

That's because it's not a TV channel. It's a website.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CaptainYesterday posted:

That's because it's not a TV channel. It's a website.

jeeeeeeeesus

I know everything's headed that way soon but goddamn

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Hawaii Bowl. Ugh.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ross Angeles posted:

Hawaii Bowl. Ugh.

Doesn't this mean your game gets called by Robert Kekaula? Because that owns

SKEET SKEET
Jan 2, 2010
Boat rowers going to the bahamas! Awesome!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

DJExile posted:

I just wanted the Cactus Bowl or Las Vegas Bowl because I wanted to go/wanted us to maybe play a team against a P5 conference.

Also a better payout.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

DJExile posted:

No they exile Mark Jones and Rod Gilmore every year, even though Fun Bobby would be a much better option. Start the change.org petition and I'll sign it as many times as necessary.

e- so I don't double-post Vegas Bowl sold out already.

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 7, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Mark Jones deserves all the best thing in life, including paid vacations to Hawaii every year.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Georgia has sold under 750 student tickets for the Taxslayer Bowl so far.

Regular ticket sales are supposedly just as bad.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Georgia has sold under 750 student tickets for the Taxslayer Bowl so far.

Regular ticket sales are supposedly just as bad.

Haha Georgia.

LSU vs Tech will sell out the Texas Bowl. Apparently LSU has fewer than 1000 left from their allotment. I'm sure a similar story will be told by Tech's ticket office. I'm going to guess that the crowd will probably be 60/40 in favor of LSU.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
They are already looking at ways to expand the Citrus Bowl for more seats :smug:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Cole posted:

They are already looking at ways to expand the Citrus Bowl for more seats :smug:

Ha, they hit the lottery with Florida and a team whose fans desperately want to travel to Florida.

As an aside, the rebuilt citrus bowl is quite nice. I quite enjoyed the stadium at the Russell Athletic Bowl last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MourningView posted:

Mark Jones deserves all the best thing in life, including paid vacations to Hawaii every year.

I have no beef with Mark Jones, other than that he's not Big Bobby Kekaula and that's the man who needs to be on national TD calling the Hawai'i Bowl and maybe the Playoff Final.

• Locked thread