Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

five has super sick awesome stealth gameplay, but not really a great/finished plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
*presses start to skip cutscene*

*cutscene pauses instead*

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Saurus posted:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Saurus posted:

so good

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

so good

I'm still mad that some metal to the head made David sound like Keifer

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
:tutbutt:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

solid butt. the best butt

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I really enjoyed Snake Eater but it was hard and I often found myself looking up strategy online because I was young and impatient.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

I really enjoyed Snake Eater but it was hard and I often found myself looking up strategy online because I was young and impatient.

you could have just shot everyone

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Metal Gear?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

raiden came back in metal gear rising but that was honestly the least gay metal gear yet

That's because Raiden has a wife and child. He is clearly heterosexual. It's Big Boss, Solid, and Ocelot who are the gay ones. Vamp is bisexual.

Venom's straightness is the #1 clue to the game's twist.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you could have just shot everyone

I don't think so, mumpy

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I saw some gameplay of it and snake was running around spraying his dog with a water gun and the dog was flinching from it so pretty gay i guess

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

I don't think so, mumpy

thats how I did MGS3. Shoot everyone, if you can't shoot them throw a grenade

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Which one is the one w active camo it was for ps3 that is the last one i played

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

Which one is the one w active camo it was for ps3 that is the last one i played

MGS 1 had active camo

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Mgs4: What can I say...

Mgs5: THAT'S drat GOOD!

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

It's pretty clear from the title: the last Metal Gear Solid game I was able to play was the third one, which was a good while back. I need to know if it got gayer, or the same level. Are the bosses still really silly? Has there ever been a villain more poo poo-eating-grin ridiculous/great than The Pain? Are the butts still really suspiciously well-defined? Is Raiden just, like, gone? What does "Metal Gear" refer to in games 4 and 5? I appreciate your help.

I have only seen bits and pieces of the new Metal Gear but from what I could tell, the definition on the asses is better than ever.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L1WYMKSaTA

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtuBuDTTUJw

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The bosses in 4 were ladies in skin tight suits. The bosses in five are zombies. They all suck. Raiden lost his body and became a megaman. The games came out of the closet too, Ocelot just casually talks about how he has a boner for Big Boss in the new one. So they're mega gay. 4 ends with two old men fisting each other and kissing. The Metal Gear in the new one is a gundam.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
It looks like they subtracted some polygons from the chicks rear end and used those to perfect her tits.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Para-medic can I take my pants off?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csXDL29rDbE

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGjkKyElp3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vupRn3PJvg

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nuebot posted:

The bosses in 4 were ladies in skin tight suits. The bosses in five are zombies. They all suck. Raiden lost his body and became a megaman. The games came out of the closet too, Ocelot just casually talks about how he has a boner for Big Boss in the new one. So they're mega gay. 4 ends with two old men fisting each other and kissing. The Metal Gear in the new one is a gundam.

all sounds pretty good

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
MGS5 is pretty rad, you can unlock a rocket propelled arm to stun enemies , and using the fulton device on goats is cool.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

RadioactiveKid posted:

MGS5 is pretty rad, you can unlock a rocket propelled arm to stun enemies , and using the fulton device on goats is cool.

It is next on my list after Fallout 4

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It is next on my list after Fallout 4

good troll

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
It is fun as hell and the best game ever made
Edit: other than sonic adventure 2

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

as a gay man this gave me the biggest bonger

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Not lieing. Fallout 4 is going to be the 3rd game I bought for my PS4

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I was gonna buy a ps4 then i realized im gay

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I, too, prioritise buying bad games from developers with a longstanding history of not giving a poo poo about the quality of their products

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
you guys are real mad about bideogames

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Nah it's funny how mad people get over the fact that other people buy certain things. It's most commonly expressed over iphones/apple products and certain video game things (esp pc over console)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i liked the version with ocelot dancing much more than the bikini lady. i dont know who she is, but it just makes more sense for him to do a sexy rain dance.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

man will play next game in popular franchise, goons disgusted

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I really liked the rain scene because I had figured out the big twist by then and I thought it was nice that these two characters who were uninvolved with the decades spanning hosed up main plot of the MGS series were able to find happiness in each other, and I was rooting for them to run away to New Zealand or something and let Big Boss and Ocelot clean up their own messes. They were both thrown into a really lovely situation through basically no fault of their own and falling in love was pretty much the first independent decision either of them made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

A lot of people say that the plot in Phantom Pain is bad, but it's incredibly well told both through writing and cutscene direction (which is incredible). It's just a bit poorly paced, and not what fans expected.

• Locked thread