Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Portland Sucks
Dec 21, 2004
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

OP should have been about the Jetsons and how much they suck

Qs: Why do they live in cloud cities? What happened to the Earth? Was it destroyed during the Cold War? Is it like Escape From New York where the "surface world" is where criminals and the poor are segregated?

A: gently caress the Jetsons

You never saw the Jeston's movie?

The surface was all kinds of dystopian and post-apocalyptic. There were like little slave animals and mutants and poo poo down there. Everyone living in the cloud city was living in a utopia fueled by exploitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Portland Sucks posted:

You never saw the Jeston's movie?

The surface was all kinds of dystopian and post-apocalyptic. There were like little slave animals and mutants and poo poo down there. Everyone living in the cloud city was living in a utopia fueled by exploitation.

That was the Astro Boy movie starring Sir Nicholas Cage.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Egbert Souse posted:

Except for the ones made in Prague, which are actually funny and imaginative. Even the Chuck Jones cartoons are terrible.

I think his Tom and Jerry cartoons are the only things by him that I hate. With how disjointed they are, though, I just tell myself he was on hella :catdrugs: while making them.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

bam bam

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Phobic Nest posted:

That was the Astro Boy movie starring Sir Nicholas Cage.

No. i think that was the jetson's movie too. The one where pop singer Tiffany voiced Judy.

My dad wouldn't let me see it when it came out. :( I remember seeing posters for it when I went to see Arachnophobia, which is an awesome movie.

Edit: Just googled it. The underground dystopia was actually the home of the fuzzy creatures and spacely's sprockets was drilling into their homes. At the end, the furry things agree to be slave labor for spacely while recycling old sprockets.

Bored fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 13, 2015

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Bored posted:

No. i think that was the jetson's movie too. The one where pop singer Tiffany voiced Judy.

My dad wouldn't let me see it when it came out. :( I remember seeing posters for it when I went to see Arachnophobia, which is an awesome movie.

Edit: Just googled it. The underground dystopia was actually the home of the fuzzy creatures and spacely's sprockets was drilling into their homes. At the end, the furry things agree to be slave labor for spacely while recycling old sprockets.

What the gently caress are those? Care Bear-Ewok-Monchichis?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i saw the jetsams movie when i was 6, i remember this because of the image of the dumb cogs is forever burned in my mind

don't expose a child to cartoon, it causes autismsmsm

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGgDNF9wHZg

:allears:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

quakster posted:

i saw the jetsams movie when i was 6, i remember this because of the image of the dumb cogs is forever burned in my mind

don't expose a child to cartoon, it causes autismsmsm

It teaches kids valuable lessons, make sure you exploit others if you have the superior technology

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Thundarr is metal as gently caress. :black101:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

KiteAuraan posted:

What the gently caress are those? Care Bear-Ewok-Monchichis?

cute things we can easily make into toys, much like the rest of the 80s/90s cartoon characters

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Bored posted:

This is all that remains of (non white upper-class) humanity

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Here's the WWE Flintstones movie thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB1M5_ph-Jg

their voices sound waaaaaaaaaaay off.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

I still remember when I was a kid I could hear the electronic whine in tube TVs and those anti theft monoliths they put at store exits. It's a really high frequency though, I haven't been able to hear it in ages.

Old capacitors would sometimes make that sound, especially the bigger ones and doubly-especially if they were cheaply made; it's the plates inside them vibrating. CRTs had huge capacitors and if an old crappy one made that whine it definitely made it LOUDLY. You probably don't hear the sound so much these days partly because super-high frequency hearing is the first thing that goes with age (which is why your teachers and parents could never hear the whine) and partly because modern electronics use way fewer capacitors that would be big enough to do that. It still pops up, the cable box that my parents have on their TV does it intermittently, but it's getting pretty rare.

proof of concept fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Oct 13, 2015

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Code Jockey posted:

cute things we can easily make into toys, much like the rest of the 80s/90s cartoon characters

Yeah, we're better than that now.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'd let Betty get my rocks off. Just sayin'.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

I love how lazy they were with the names. "gently caress it, just add Stone to Cena's name."

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Ricochet Rabbit was the best HB cartoon

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hb cartoons got strange in the 90s. 2 stupid dogs gave me ptsd

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Taint Reaper posted:

drat you are right, that sounds nothing like fred.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

KiteAuraan posted:

Thundarr is metal as gently caress. :black101:

Yeah. That one was pretty cool. Was Johnny quest also HB? I can't remember, but without it, there would be no venture bros. Both of them reused animation a bunch, tho.

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.

Bored posted:

I think his Tom and Jerry cartoons are the only things by him that I hate. With how disjointed they are, though, I just tell myself he was on hella :catdrugs: while making them.

Mammy Two Shoes: "Eeeek! Thomas! Git dat mouse!"

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quakster posted:

why dont you like 2 stupid dogs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

MeLKoR posted:

I'd let Betty get my rocks off. Just sayin'.

judy jetson was p hot and i bet she has white pubes

unless she has her future bathtub laser them off or something

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ContraBoss posted:

Mammy Two Shoes: "Eeeek! Thomas! Git dat mouse!"

Tom was following orders

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
ren and stimpy was bad

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

quakster posted:

2 stupid dogs was good

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

i wonder if wilma or betty is more wild in bed?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

KiteAuraan posted:

Good Hanna-Barbera Shows:
That One Scooby-Doo from the 19fucking80s where they teach Dracula's daughter at the Ghoul School.
Bad Shows:
Everything else they ever did.

Soft counterpoint: Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

Soft counterpoint: Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

Harvey Birdman was beget of terrible. Much like Space Ghost and Sealab 2021, the original incarnation was loving awful. But yes, good show.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

I'm Crap posted:

2 stupid dogs was good

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

proof of concept posted:

Old capacitors would sometimes make that sound, especially the bigger ones and doubly-especially if they were cheaply made; it's the plates inside them vibrating. CRTs had huge capacitors and if an old crappy one made that whine it definitely made it LOUDLY. You probably don't hear the sound so much these days partly because super-high frequency hearing is the first thing that goes with age (which is why your teachers and parents could never hear the whine) and partly because modern electronics use way fewer capacitors that would be big enough to do that. It still pops up, the cable box that my parents have on their TV does it intermittently, but it's getting pretty rare.

What? No.

It's the coils on the flyback transformer coming loose after a number of years. You're hearing the thing vibrate at ~15.6 kHz. You don't hear it in modern electronics because they don't use flyback transforms to blast an electron beam across the screen.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
nerds

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Cyril Sneer posted:

What? No.

It's the coils on the flyback transformer coming loose after a number of years. You're hearing the thing vibrate at ~15.6 kHz. You don't hear it in modern electronics because they don't use flyback transforms to blast an electron beam across the screen.

You're right I didn't think of that but we are talking about very different sounds I think

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

I enjoy putting things in my mouth.
Nah bro

Thanks for reminding me of these saturday mornings

Wow, so much cereal

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Cyril Sneer posted:

What? No.

The Raccoons was a good show from Canada.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

etalian posted:

i wonder if wilma or betty is more wild in bed?

lol, just lol if you don't choose betty

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Code Jockey posted:

lol, just lol if you don't choose betty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeDkGnyDv9o

Junk posted:

The Raccoons was a good show from Canada.

No it wasn't.
Cyril Sneer was the only good character in that poo poo show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

• Locked thread