Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I might do another playthrough or two to see what can change, maybe spot some of the stuff I missed, I did get Turt Reynolds but didn't spot any of the other animals aside from birds and the scripted buck at the beginning. I also had a few dialogue options where I put the item away when I meant to radio D about it which kind of annoyed me.

I'm also wondering about if you can not tell D about your wife or just leave it at "we broke up." I didn't expect her to guilt trip me a ton at the end, which definitely put me off the ending like some other people. I suspect that if you go down the right path you can get a better ending, but I'm not sure how to try it since we were really chummy by the time the first fire started (The Flapjack Fire) then most of the stuff after that seemed like I was trying to be on her side as much as possible, maybe I wasn't stoic and manly enough... That said, there were a few dialogue options that ended up being way off of what I thought they would be from the abbreviation, that probably hurt me a bit too.

I definitely enjoyed the game, even if I didn't like the ending I got.

Also, does the chain link fence and radio towers/tracking gear bother anyone else a ton? Ned really seemed to have a lot of resources at his disposal for somebody who hadn't been in civilization for 3~ years. Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Maybe it was just the ending I got (again I don't know if it can change much at all) but for me it felt like two lovely losers in the woods getting screwed with by a third lovely loser, then they all leave feeling like poo poo, the end. The story is compelling as you are going through it, but for me it wasn't when it came time for the roundup.

• Locked thread