Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

lol Bruins c'mon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miruvor
Jan 19, 2007
Pillbug
Well, at least it's a one goal game for Jets-Islanders now

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Kane isn't much into this passing thing is he

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This game is brutal so far

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
i fully expect a Stupid Don Sweeney trade before wednesday

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That'll probably stand even though it's a kick

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I dunno I thought it was a pretty clear kicking motion even though his ENTIRE skate didn't come off the ice. Whatever though.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Martytoof posted:

I dunno I thought it was a pretty clear kicking motion even though his ENTIRE skate didn't come off the ice. Whatever though.

I've always thought "does the skate leave the ice" is a much better rule anyway. If the intent is to prevent injury then that's all you really want, and there's much less grey area involved than whatever the hell criteria we were supposed to use before.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Goetta posted:

This game is brutal so far

Yeah, this hasn't been great at all.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Koopa Kid posted:

I've always thought "does the skate leave the ice" is a much better rule anyway. If the intent is to prevent injury then that's all you really want, and there's much less grey area involved than whatever the hell criteria we were supposed to use before.

Yeah when you put it like that I actually agree fully.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

lol Boo-urns

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Bruins suck and all is right with the world

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
ya it must be better to be a fan of a team that hasn't won anything in over two decades

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Columbus has looked so sluggish at the start of both periods so far

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The only thing not completely boring about this game was hearing Buffalo's new goal song. :lol:

What the gently caress was that shot, ROR? :stonk:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Columbus ya'll

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Time for the best goal song in the lead! I can enjoy it when it's against another Metro team.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

ah drat that was a nice2 on 1 by Eichel and just missed

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
That was very nearly a sick rear end goal

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I've missed Jody Shelley's insightful commentary during scraps.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
'Hey there buddy ya wanna fight'

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

what a lovely fight

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Fun fact: 97.1 The Fan, the CBJ's flagship radio station, isn't airing the game today because they couldn't be bothered to pre-empt their regular weekday programming.

In other words, this is on their AM affiliate which barely gets outside I-270 because of the never-ending need in this state to beat off to Buckeye football.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Blue Jackets really like the box today. They must be serving snacks.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jackets at times look like they don't know what the gently caress they're supposed to be doing.

"DURRRRRRRRR You wanna play that out from behind the net, JMFJ, or do you want me to do it?"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

Fun fact: 97.1 The Fan, the CBJ's flagship radio station, isn't airing the game today because they couldn't be bothered to pre-empt their regular weekday programming.

In other words, this is on their AM affiliate which barely gets outside I-270 because of the never-ending need in this state to beat off to Buckeye football.

Could be worse

The station that airs the Islanders in Brooklyn is a mishmash of NPR stuff and who knows what

http://www1.nyc.gov/site/media/radio/radio-home.page

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

aw yeah dick pill commercials during the middle of the day

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Levitate posted:

aw yeah dick pill commercials during the middle of the day

Taking advantage of a rare opportunity to market to the crowd who goes to bed at 6:45.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

OK, advertising panel beating at halftime of a hockey game is pretty smart, using the "collision" connection.

Ristolainen's goal was a beaut, anyway.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Well, so much for avoiding the slow start again. It's like this team came unglued after the meltdown in Columbus the other night.

I'm having PTSD flashbacks to 2011-12: a theoretically highly talented team that can't quit stepping on its own dick.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Best goal song again, after CBJ goes to the box again.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Zemgus Girgensons sounds like a made-up name.

And CBJ find one.

Wait, CBJ use Tool as their goal song? You guys are just the worst.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: I'm less Saad now :siren:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

:siren: EICHELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :siren:

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Eichel is better than McDavid

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
eichel good

columbus bad

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Wait, CBJ use Tool as their goal song? You guys are just the worst.

:confused:

AC/DC's For Those About To Rock, seguing into Locksley's The Whip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6a1M3isbF4

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
jackets bad

eichel good

go cats

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

:confused:

AC/DC's For Those About To Rock, seguing into Locksley's The Whip.

Must have just been since they're away here. It played Sober by Tool, which is enough to bum out the fans whose team just scored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Eichel's goal was dirty.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Must have just been since they're away here. It played Sober by Tool, which is enough to bum out the fans whose team just scored.

I think most arenas play either a random song or something cheeky ("Don't Do Me Like That", "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart", etc.) when the visiting team scores. The only differences I've heard were Dallas, which had some jazzy instrumental thing for a long time, and Washington, which did something similar.

• Locked thread