Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
its totally perfect outside and i'm not at work and i spent all afternoon parked on the couch and that was a great decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Intruder liver watch

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
wow. i'm kinda numb, but in a pleasant way. pretty much the opposite sort of numb you poor astros bastards are feeling.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I should have never agreed to become a mod. Did I learn nothing from Gendo?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

And this is why you just don't get emotionally invested in Houston sports teams.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Pujols thing was arguably the best hitter ever in his prime drilling one, being unable to record an out until what the 8th hitter of the inning was just utter torture. Pujols was like yanking off the bandaid, this was slowly tearing each armhair out one by one

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

rebel1608 posted:

I didn't think it was possible to go from "just happy to make the playoffs" to "infuriated and depressed at my team's failures" in one postseason but it only took 5 games

Do you want to know why I posted nothing in SAS this offseason? It was cause my stupid team whom I had never before seen in postseason lost literally the last game of an improbable and dreamlike season. Not only is that shift possible, I think the vast majority of fans go through it. When their team loses in the playoffs.

I hope my team crushes yours Wednesday, but... I mean dude, the dream isn't dead yet.

And I'm still pissed I missed this. Afternoon games in October are stupid.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 12, 2015

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Gonna be Cueto in game 5, right? I'm already sweating.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sandpuppy posted:

Gonna be Cueto in game 5, right? I'm already sweating.

Cueto will find his old form and throw 8 innings of 1 run ball, the Astros will lead 1-0 in the 9th and the Royals will hit five singles in a row to win

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

alpha_destroy posted:

Do you want to know why I posted nothing in SAS this offseason? It was cause my stupid team whom I had never before seen in postseason lost literally the last game of an improbable and dreamlike season. Not only is that shift possible, I think the vast majority of fans go through it. When their team loses in the playoffs.

I hope my team crushes yours Wednesday, but... I mean dude, the dream isn't dead yet.

Oh, I know. And to be honest if I had to lose to someone I'd pick the Royals because you guys have had it as bad or worse than us for a long time. I'm just really going through a swirl of emotions that the Astros have not put me through in a long, long time.

Sorry if I annoy anyone itt

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I wouldn't pick the Royals because they seriously derailed the Astros season when Volquez was a big baby and threw at Springer, breaking his wrist

I'd give most teams the benefit of the doubt but not the Royals. I'll be cheering for the winner of the Rangers/Blue Jays series in the ALCS if we lose game 5

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

I wouldn't pick the Royals because they seriously derailed the Astros season when Volquez was a big baby and threw at Springer, breaking his wrist

I'd give most teams the benefit of the doubt but not the Royals. I'll be cheering for the winner of the Rangers/Blue Jays series in the ALCS if we lose game 5

I'm pretty sure Ned Yost doubled down on hurting players and is overall a terrible person. So yeah, anyone but the Royals from the AL please.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Intruder posted:

The Royals did some terrible poo poo this year. Throwing at guys is awful. It sucks whenever a cool guy gets hurt, so I'm sorry Springer missed time.

However, I stand by this: Edison "Massive Fuckhead" Volquez did not loving throw at Springer on that pitch. Sorry your dude got hit in the hand with a fastball. That really sucks. But is time to drop this months old storyline.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
haha i just realized that even after getting spanked in the 7th, madson got the win because of the royals rally in the 8th. lol baseball can be strange

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kindermord posted:

haha i just realized that even after getting spanked in the 7th, madson got the win because of the royals rally in the 8th. lol baseball can be strange

The official scorer can change the winner to someone else if the pitcher of record was bad enough that they don't deserve the win in their opinion. I don't know if Madson was bad enough to do that (they almost never do) but it's an option.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Grittybeard posted:

The official scorer can change the winner to someone else if the pitcher of record was bad enough that they don't deserve the win in their opinion. I don't know if Madson was bad enough to do that (they almost never do) but it's an option.

The only time I ever see this is when the pitcher of record had something like ⅓IP and 5 earned runs. Madson went a full inning and had two strikeouts during his beating, so there's no way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
edit im in the wrong goddamn thread

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 12, 2015

• Locked thread