Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

St Evan Echoes posted:

Perez is due up second next inning... Please do not bean him McCullers, he might actually die

Huh, they still don't have much time to check him out in that case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

St Evan Echoes posted:

Perez is due up second next inning... Please do not bean him McCullers, he might actually die

I blame you for this :argh:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
God drat it.

I guess maybe the tag came off too?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
God drat it.

Who gives a poo poo if the umps are watching the replay though? It isn't their decision.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kirios posted:

Yeah but seriously why the gently caress are you stealing third with two outs. If you're going to blame anyone blame the manager.

Yost probably didn't call for the steal specifically, just guys like Gore and Dyson automatically have the green light as far as he's concerned. And really he had a pretty ridiculous jump and beat the throw easily, it was just a freak thing.

I agree in general that it's dumb but it's just the way the Royals work and will continue to work as long as Yost is here.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
gently caress me.

Sports in general have sucked the last few days.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ned's saving the rest of the bullpen for game 5 obviously.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh my loving god.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Astros have a decent chance to get out of this still tied if Moose strikes out. Butera up next and then you just have to deal with Gordon.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Seems like a weird time for a defensive indifference SB. Or not SB.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
drat, almost threw the game away right there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I can't believe that happened.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Five runs, batted around, no extra base hits.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

bewbies posted:

gently caress just have dyson try to steal home, rios aint doin poo poo

Gregorson really does take forever with that windup.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Royals have so many pinch runners.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bilirubin posted:

wtf happened?

I watched the whole thing and I'm still not sure.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If this holds up when would game 5 be, Wednesday?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I was asking wondering about Davis's availability if he has to throw a bunch but if the Astros are going to go out this easy it wouldn't matter.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Still feel kind of bad for Kaegel here. He has to have an article ready to go either way the instant the game ends and someone put the wrong one up.

Well unless Kaegel himself is who published that one I guess, I don't know how that works.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
What a crazy loving game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kindermord posted:

haha i just realized that even after getting spanked in the 7th, madson got the win because of the royals rally in the 8th. lol baseball can be strange

The official scorer can change the winner to someone else if the pitcher of record was bad enough that they don't deserve the win in their opinion. I don't know if Madson was bad enough to do that (they almost never do) but it's an option.

• Locked thread