Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/32371447-story?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

quote:

DOUGLASVILLE, Ga. - A Douglas County jury indicted 15 members of a pro-Confederate flag group Friday after a July clash with people attending a children’s birthday party.

Douglas County District Attorney Brian Fortner announced the indictments Monday for the July 25th incident on Campbellton Street in Douglasville.

At a Monday news conference, Fortner said the 15 people associated with the group “Respect the Flag” drove around the community in vehicles displaying the Confederate flag when they stopped near a residence on Campbellton Street where some residents were having a child’s birthday party.

After media coverage of the confrontation which was captured in part on video, the Douglasville Police Department and the Douglas County District Attorney’s Office conducted an investigation into the circumstances.

On Friday, the Grand Jury indicted 15 members of “Respect the Flag” on charges they violated Georgia’s Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act and Terrorist threats.

The indictment also charged two members of the group with battery for an incident that occurred that same day at a gas station in the area of Douglas County known as the Corn Crib.

After the incident, both sides told FOX 5 the other incited violence, but Douglasville Police said at the time they didn’t have enough evidence either way.

One resident at the birthday party said during the celebration, several trucks with American, military and confederate flags flying from the back made their way onto her property, and people inside threatened her.

But a woman who was in one of the pickup trucks disputes that version of the story, saying the confrontation began when someone threw an object at one of the trucks, causing it to swerve and pop a tire.

lol at the south

Dusty Baker 2 fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
just lol

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

confederate fag

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
:heritage:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
shoulda let em secede

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

MERICA

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

reppin the corn crib all day every day

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Moridin920 posted:

shoulda let em secede

Deport them to the middle of the atlantic.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
They sound like reasonable gemtlemen, imo

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

This Jacket Is Me posted:

They sound like reasonable gemtlemen, imo

yeah well they aint so git

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I ain't no yuppie

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

I'm amazed that none of these fuckers got shot

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
"My daddy and his daddy and his daddy didn't gently caress their own sisters so you god drat coons could celebrate your birthday and disrespect ARE HERITAGE. NOW GIT! GIT NOW!"

/

http://imgur.com/43126Vk.jpg

Obligatory Handle fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 12, 2015

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Here's the video. I'm surprised the cops didn't start shooting the black people, honestly. poo poo I'm surprised the guys in the trucks weren't police. How the hell did this even get to an indictment in Georgia??

https://youtu.be/T_EebjxxYRo

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Obligatory Handle posted:

Here's the video. I'm surprised the cops didn't start shooting the black people, honestly. poo poo I'm surprised the guys in the trucks weren't police. How the hell did this even get to an indictment in Georgia??

https://youtu.be/T_EebjxxYRo

well you see the black people threatened the police with a youtube video.

The force then had no recourse but to uphold the law. Such a dark time we live in.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

they ruined a kids birthday gently caress them

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
i hope the government really cracks down on this new terrorist gang, recognizable by the confederate flags they fly

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Sinking Ship posted:

i hope the government really cracks down on this new terrorist gang, recognizable by the confederate flags they fly

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Never would have happened if the children's birthday party had a gun

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

a real jerk posted:

they ruined a kids birthday gently caress them

even somebody who is admittedly a real jerk hates them.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
We really should have let them secede

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

We really should have let them secede

on the other hand letting a massive slave empire run riot all over the caribbean and south america was a worse idea

better idea: we should have listened to the radical republicans while we still had the chance

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
reconstruction was the soft ball to begin with

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

on the other hand letting a massive slave empire run riot all over the caribbean and south america was a worse idea

better idea: we should have listened to the radical republicans while we still had the chance

"It wasn't about slavery though, it was about states' rights." - loving morons, including my AP history teacher.

Obligatory Handle fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 12, 2015

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
what if, though, what if

it was the children's birthday party who ruined THEIR parade hmmm

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Obligatory Handle posted:

"It wasn't about slavery though, it was about states' rights." - loving morons, including my AP history teacher.

A bit of both, really.

Pretending like the North was full of abolitionists is kind of some fantasy.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

A bit of both, really.

:allears:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
moridin is exhibit a in "reconstruction did not go nearly far enough"

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
A bunch of clowns at a birthday party is hardly suspicous.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
the best thing about "Lost Cause" chucklefucks whining about historical revisionism is that the Lost Cause was historical revisionism to begin with

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

A bit of both, really.

Look at this loving moron right here.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
loving STATES RIGHTS RACISTS.

*supports states in legalizing weed, a federally restricted substance.*

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Powercrazy posted:

Holy poo poo.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

the confederacy was such a political basketcase they would have collapsed into a banana republic and military junta within a decade's time. don't buy into the golden circle nonsense

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

rakovsky maybe posted:

the confederacy was such a political basketcase they would have collapsed into a banana republic and military junta within a decade's time. don't buy into the golden circle nonsense

They were a basket case because of the war not in spite of it

Letting them secede would have given them the breathing room they needed to consolidate themselves as a seperate country and refine their system of government to the point they would have been an even more potent and dangerous threat; the year that piece of poo poo Buchanan gave them was enough in and of itself to allow them to drag us into the Civil War alone

Lincoln was right to crush them before it got any worse

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Powercrazy posted:

i think states should have the right to legalise weed but not the right to legalise owning human beings

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

XMNN posted:

i think states should have the right to legalise weed but not the right to legalise owning human beings

whoa

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i just have controversial opinions man

deal with it

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

XMNN posted:

Could you believe that the states rights concept goes beyond slavery? hosed up but true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Powercrazy posted:

Could you believe that the states rights concept goes beyond slavery? hosed up but true.

The Civil War was indeed about states rights

Namely, the right of Northern states to not have their sovereignty violated by the federal government when it came to housing and assisting escaped slaves, power which Southern slave owners were completely fine wielding when it benefited them

• Locked thread