Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
A group of former Darkfall players has formed a company called Ub3rgames which is currently attempting to negotiate a licensing deal with original publisher Aventurine. Assuming success, the company’s website estimates between six and nine months of development prior to launch. It aims to avoid the safe zones and classes introduced in Darkfall’s Unholy Wars reboot, and it also says that it will incentivize “positive interactions to make Darkfall more than a gankbox.”

New Dawn will feature a box price, a monthly subscription, and it will not have a cash shop, though some sort of PLEX-like game time object is planned.

http://darkfallnewdawn.com/new-dawn-in-a-nutshell/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Darkfall unholy wars sucked rear end because all the cool bros knew how OP being an archer was for starting camped outside the noobie zone and insta killed everyone who left.

I totally bet removing noobie zones and making new characters killable on creation will be a large boost to bringing new people into this sperg fest of a game.

I highly doubt the low interest in the game is caused by roaming death squads that insta kill you and call you a fag when they take all your items is causing this games slow painful death.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So who's going to buy this? I assume all the people working on the project expect to play for free, leaving an unknown player base.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
What the gently caress is Darkfall.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

Node posted:

You posted in the we love Brad thread stay away form this, it will not be a hold each other hands and kill PVE dragons game.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Uziduke posted:

You posted in the we love Brad thread stay away form this, it will not be a hold each other hands and kill PVE dragons game.

:drat:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Uziduke posted:

That was a different time and a different Node you mong.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

Node posted:

That was a different time and a different Node you mong.

All right, just giving a warring against Darkfall for anyone that liked Everquest and Vanguard.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Uziduke posted:

All right, just giving a warring against Darkfall for anyone that liked Everquest and Vanguard.

Those games are trash compared to UO, anyways.

Fendahleen
May 21, 2003

WE KNOW THAT YOU CAN HEAR US, EARTH MEN
Just change the title of every thread in this trashbag forum to this, it's more efficient.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Node posted:

It is rust the mmo with grinding and you have to pay a monthly fee

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
darkfall is a really poo poo uo wannabe game but 3d

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Fendahleen posted:

Just change the title of every thread in this trashbag forum to this, it's more efficient.

Except Pantheon.

Add more hahahas.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

This always was, and always will be a bad game that I never played.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Can I camp stairs or kill fishermen in this game?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
People who haven't finished a game before, are trying to make a mmopeger with a license that's already in use by another company? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGn25URIss8

Orv
May 4, 2011
Adventurine made an off-hand comment about how they'd like to license out Darkfall 1 development some day and these idiots jumped at the chance for them to say no.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Once again, with the fields lay bare, the wolves hunt for new grounds, unable to feast on the succulent meat of sheep but on the sinew of their fellow comrades, their bellies never to reach satiation.

So it shall be for all eternity. May the lord of hand-holding pve MMOs have mercy on these lost souls. Amen.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Orv posted:

Adventurine made an off-hand comment about how they'd like to license out Darkfall 1 development some day and these idiots jumped at the chance for them to say no.

If I were them, I wouldn't say no to anyone. They're not exactly in the position to choose from a variety of interested parties.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Alexander DeLarge posted:

If I were them, I wouldn't say no to anyone. They're not exactly in the position to choose from a variety of interested parties.

I mean if the universe was a fair and just place they would have died when Darkfall 1 was poo poo, so who knows at this point.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am so ready for this

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Box and sub? Colour me unimpressed. Let me know when it' f2p w/ a $200 founders option.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Node posted:

This.

If I get the idea its some ancient game that some nerds want to make harder or some poo poo. Grithok did that to our minecraft Server and now we can't go to the loving nether because its like playing doom where you only get sticks to wack the demons.

Nerds trying to make games harder is the worst.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Drinkfist posted:

This.

If I get the idea its some ancient game that some nerds want to make harder or some poo poo. Grithok did that to our minecraft Server and now we can't go to the loving nether because its like playing doom where you only get sticks to wack the demons.

Nerds trying to make games harder is the worst.

it's the way it's meant to be played. casuals won't understand. go back to your baby games while the rest of us enjoy an elite hardcore game for elite hardcore gamers

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Orv posted:

A group of former Darkfall players has formed a company called Ub3rgames which is currently attempting to negotiate a licensing deal with original publisher Aventurine. Assuming success, the company’s website estimates between six and nine months of development prior to launch. It aims to avoid the safe zones and classes introduced in Darkfall’s Unholy Wars reboot, and it also says that it will incentivize “positive interactions to make Darkfall more than a gankbox.”

New Dawn will feature a box price, a monthly subscription, and it will not have a cash shop, though some sort of PLEX-like game time object is planned.

http://darkfallnewdawn.com/new-dawn-in-a-nutshell/

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
everyone says "darkfall used to be good"

but they forget

it didnt

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

df1 was amazing but this is laughable

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Velthice posted:

it's the way it's meant to be played. casuals won't understand. go back to your baby games while the rest of us enjoy an elite hardcore game for elite hardcore gamers

This attitude always amused me, because you know, proper adults have 8 hours to spend playing video games.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pixelslol posted:

df1 was amazing but this is laughable

It was a bad broken as hell game that was fun despite itself imo

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Rhymenoserous posted:

This attitude always amused me, because you know, proper adults have 8 hours to spend playing video games.

Its diffirent in this case. I would say one of the best games ever made is Xcom Enemy Within. It was extremely fun playing on Ironman classic and impossible. The reason it was fun was because they made a game with the intention for it to be hard. But when you have a game that was not intended to be hard and then modded to be then I feel the difference in scope and design. Something's Fucky about it. Its like modding a Lego game into Doom. Oh wait that is what he did to me.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I mean seriously. Where is my shotgun.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Mod the games.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
This is EXACTLY what a terrible terrible game like Darkfall needs: a REALLY terrible iteration that caters to a small minority of an already small community.

SOUNDS LIKE A WINNER.

Also they're using a subscription + box cost model, which AAA titles like TESO couldn't even pull off.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 13, 2015

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Eonwe posted:

It was a bad broken as hell game that was fun despite itself imo

You're a bad broken as hell person that's okay despite yourself imo :coffeepal:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pixelslol posted:

You're a bad broken as hell person that's okay despite yourself imo :coffeepal:

Awww thanks friend :3:

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can't wait for one of the guys buying it to get killed and use admin powers to restore his gear and kill the other person in a fit of rage. It's going to be glorious watching the four other people who are playing get mad.

Jackdonkey
May 31, 2007
The combat of Darkfall was pretty fun. I liked that there wasn't a huge population of crocolisks every 10 yards. Inventory system was silly.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Which game has the gloriously modeled dog dick? Despite the content, I can't help but be impressed.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jackdonkey posted:

The combat of Darkfall was pretty fun.

Pay attention kids, this is how you know someone has brain damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housemaster!!1
Oct 6, 2015

DUNT 4GEHT 2 FLAAHP UR ARRMAZ
Actually there are two teams trying to buy the licence:

http://darkfallnewdawn.com/

http://riseofagon.com/

But the CEO of Aventurine Zad Mehdawi is a major rear end in a top hat and I don't think it will work out.

Oh and since there is no alternative, I would totally buy the game.
In the meantime I will play this neat Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha.

• Locked thread