Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wanted a dungeon crawler, and had heard good things. so far the pawns seem like a good way to have a party in a singleplayer 3D game. the graphics are acceptable, the combat is fun (seems like it gets deeper as you learn skills) and the opening area has been fun to explore. good use of 15 dollars, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Same OP. I'm going to be all over the PC release even though I beat the game twice in June.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i never gave this game a fair chance but some day ill go back and play it because i cosntantly hear people say its great

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Same OP. I'm going to be all over the PC release even though I beat the game twice in June.

lmao

i havent played it, but am super excited for when this comes out on Steam, and the mods that will surely be made for it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the demo for this game left a bad taste in my mouth but everyone told me the demo is terrible

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If you wanted a dungeon crawler, then I really hope that you got Dark Arisen because it's a really good dungeon.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Eagle posted:

If you wanted a dungeon crawler, then I really hope that you got Dark Arisen because it's a really good dungeon.

yep, i did

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Evil Eagle posted:

i had no idea it was coming out on pc.. that kicks rear end.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The main game only has a few dungeons, but they're cool. Bitterblack Isle though is gigantic and completely remixes the enemies after you beat it once. I love it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

i never gave this game a fair chance but some day ill go back and play it because i cosntantly hear people say its great

i realy hated the hour or so i played. like it ran at 20fps or something, the camera was right upo the characters rear end, the games constantly assaulting you with useess info + fugly ui and the quests looked like some fetch 10 Horn of Thunder poo poo.. howver , i only played the normal version and not the expanded one, so i dunno if that fixes any of the stuff i hated.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh the framerate was all over the place i do remember that. i hope the pc version runs at 60

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
SAME, OP

Im considering buying it on PC again so I can play again and be cool and not have to turn my PS3 on

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The game is really just too good for the ps3 so I can't wait to play the smooth rear end PC version. It's made in the same engine as DMC4 so the port is sure to be great.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

i realy hated the hour or so i played. like it ran at 20fps or something, the camera was right upo the characters rear end, the games constantly assaulting you with useess info + fugly ui and the quests looked like some fetch 10 Horn of Thunder poo poo.. howver , i only played the normal version and not the expanded one, so i dunno if that fixes any of the stuff i hated.

you should give it another go. it definitely is a flawed game but it's one of those games where the gameplay and fun completely overshadow all of the problems it has. I hated the first little bit too but the first time I fought a cyclops and got to crawl all over it and set it on fire I was in love.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
dragon's smegma: dick arisen

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

I.N.R.I posted:

it fixes some of it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
When people talk about how much they like Dragons Dogma they're usually talking about Dark Arisen.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
is dark arisen liike, a whole new game? like is it separate from the main game or does it just add stuff.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

is dark arisen liike, a whole new game? like is it separate from the main game or does it just add stuff.

yeah i gotta know what it adds so i can get hype

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It's basically the original with lots of technical and gameplay fixes/improvements, new items and quests, and an expansion's worth of new content with the Dark Arisen quest line.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rediscover posted:

There are some changes to the main game, but it's mostly a really big dungeon on an island not in Gransys. It has its own storyline and some really great new bosses and enemies.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Added to The List

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

which one was free for ps+ cause thats the one i played

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love this game. Somehow I never bought it but rented it like five times.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

For folks whom are on the fence, I say wait till the PC version but this happened to me when I played it, and sold me on it even though I haven't played much since and now I'm waiting for PC version: I was in this dungeon where I was ostensibly supposed to walk a long wide spiral down to the ground floor to trigger some event but on probably the 2nd or 3rd level there was a cyclops and I jumped on it and was stabbing it in the eyes and at some point with me still on it it stumbled off the side of the spiral walkway down and it died on impact with the ground floor but I survived because the corpse broke my fall and I skipped half a dungeon and the game didn't get all hosed up or anything.

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

oh the framerate was all over the place i do remember that. i hope the pc version runs at 60

honestly if the pc version ran at a consistent 30 instead of dipping hard i wouldnt complain too much

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

More or less I guess it's like a crazy Japanese attempt at a Gothic style RPG but the developers played Demon Souls a lot or something, and it's some drat win. It's probably the best open world RPG that's been made since uhhh whatever I don't know. It's Skyrim but without AIDS.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i like that you can miss quest triggers if you don't know about them and i like that you can fail quests accidentally but i dont like that i dont have plat because i missed teh quest to bone the princess

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell ultimately the framerate made me annoyed enough over time to get sick of playing, but if it wasn't as epic as it is I would of just never put it back in the PS3 after the first time I saw it drop to 10 FPS... So there you go.

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
Trying the demo now.

Dec 26, 2012

its genuinely surprising to me that nobody has tried to copy the things it did well, it managed to make all its classes fun and worth playing as, except maybe mage compared to sorcerer

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I keep buying poo poo to play even though I have no time to play anything most days, but I'm feeling like laying in bed and playing this on my new TV now, since thinking about the time I fell off the cliff with the cyclops is making me have a hard time waiting for the PC version.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Wormskull posted:

For folks whom are on the fence, I say wait till the PC version but this happened to me when I played it, and sold me on it even though I haven't played much since and now I'm waiting for PC version: I was in this dungeon where I was ostensibly supposed to walk a long wide spiral down to the ground floor to trigger some event but on probably the 2nd or 3rd level there was a cyclops and I jumped on it and was stabbing it in the eyes and at some point with me still on it it stumbled off the side of the spiral walkway down and it died on impact with the ground floor but I survived because the corpse broke my fall and I skipped half a dungeon and the game didn't get all hosed up or anything.

Same except I was hanging off its arse and it crushed me at the bottom.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
playing it at a stable framerate will be a lot more appealing to me, I can't wait

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Wormskull posted:

I keep buying poo poo to play even though I have no time to play anything most days, but I'm feeling like laying in bed and playing this on my new TV now, since thinking about the time I fell off the cliff with the cyclops is making me have a hard time waiting for the PC version.

i have too much time to play stuff and often i get paid to game.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
Holy gently caress i did not know this was getting a pc release, any eta?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SombereroLad posted:

Holy gently caress i did not know this was getting a pc release, any eta?

January.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

i have too much time to play stuff and often i get paid to game.

Your life is awesome. I guess I have time to game but I have such a lovely job that all I want to do when I get home is lay in bed and watch late 90s WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wish whoever made aggrogater was shot in the dome with one million sniper rifles.

• Locked thread