Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Flesh Forge posted:

Pregnant Austrian teens in ISIS: We’ve made a huge mistake

I just can not imagine why these two young ladies are not wildly happy living in caves and getting gangraped every few hours :shrug:
I can vaguely understand why ugly and awkward nerdy dudes who've seen war and combat glorified in all their books and games could romanticize joining isis to fight, probably seems like a better life than posting in r/incel with no future. Two ordinary looking teenage girls though just blows my mind, I wonder what the story behind what lead them down that path is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Iunno, girl on the right is pretty ordinary, girl on the left is strikingly pretty and I'm sure she grew up to be a stunner. Or would have if she hasn't been beaten to a pulp every other day for having the wrong guy look at her (sharia law is absolutely nutty when it comes to women)

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Unguided posted:

I'm the quadcopter ghost in the related articles.

you're really cool

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Cowman posted:

you're really cool

tahnks

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

I can vaguely understand why ugly and awkward nerdy dudes who've seen war and combat glorified in all their books and games could romanticize joining isis to fight, probably seems like a better life than posting in r/incel with no future. Two ordinary looking teenage girls though just blows my mind, I wonder what the story behind what lead them down that path is.

They're dumb and gullible.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ISIS got excited, they are tired of enslaving just arab girls.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Obligatory Handle posted:

This, really. Teenage girls (boys too, I suppose, but I'm not one so I can't really comment) are loving dumb and more than that, they are incredibly insecure because that's when the social order just goes to poo poo and suddenly looks matter a lot more and etc etc. They want to be treated like they're special and wanted and Daesh plays into it just like every other cult in history has. They're insecure, lonely, dreaming about romance or sex, wanting to be special and wanting to do something adventurous, and then they get sucked in by social media promises about being a True Muslim Wife and poo poo.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Obligatory Handle posted:

Like what was the sales pitch though, with the boys they could promise glory and camaraderie, maybe even women. You'd have to be dumb and gullible to buy into it but I can at least see the appeal to social outcasts. With the girls though it's not like it's an area known for treating women well, the only possible role they could fill is baby factory/servant. At a glance they also look like pretty average people, whereas the guys are invariably goony, i just don't see how you'd get the same combo of incentives and desperation.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

ArbitraryC posted:

Like what was the sales pitch though, with the boys they could promise glory and camaraderie, maybe even women. You'd have to be dumb and gullible to buy into it but I can at least see the appeal to social outcasts. With the girls though it's not like it's an area known for treating women well, the only possible role they could fill is baby factory/servant. At a glance they also look like pretty average people, whereas the guys are invariably goony, i just don't see how you'd get the same combo of incentives and desperation.

It's almost like people make terrible decisions without thinking it through.
See also; your parents.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

If you're actually interested in reading about how it happens (I'm never sure in gbs/rowdytrout) this is a decent article in terms of showing the methods they use. I know, Buzzfeed, but I promise it's not "20 THINGS YOU'LL ONLY GET IF YOU'RE A FUNDAMENTALIST MUSLIM CONVERT IN FUNNY GIFS":

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/woman-journey-from-chattanooga-to-isis

Find someone insecure and searching for anything to cling to (teenage girls as a whole), convince them that this is what they were looking for, profit. It's the same way cults have operated forever, look up love bombing and things like that.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
how bout u stfu and post more retarded goobers getting butt blasted out in sandlands

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Tendai posted:

If you're actually interested in reading about how it happens (I'm never sure in gbs/rowdytrout) this is a decent article in terms of showing the methods they use. I know, Buzzfeed, but I promise it's not "20 THINGS YOU'LL ONLY GET IF YOU'RE A FUNDAMENTALIST MUSLIM CONVERT IN FUNNY GIFS":

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/woman-journey-from-chattanooga-to-isis

Find someone insecure and searching for anything to cling to (teenage girls as a whole), convince them that this is what they were looking for, profit. It's the same way cults have operated forever, look up love bombing and things like that.

That bitch sounds like a nightmare to be around. From Tumblr hipster SJW to ISIS wife lmbo how terrible

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im glad that Australian kid no longer exists

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Lol I assume Caro's dead already but if not he is getting brutally tortured in one of Assad's dungeons. Does that count OP?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Captain Yossarian posted:

Lol I assume Caro's dead already but if not he is getting brutally tortured in one of Assad's dungeons. Does that count OP?

hes dead

dying in an Assad torture compound has to be a bad way to go

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Caro was fighting ISIS not joining them ya lunkhead

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
http://www.duffelblog.com/2015/01/gamer-isis-syria-iraq/

quote:

Hector Bazinet, a Belgian citizen and self-described “gaming fanatic” who left home to join the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) earlier this year currently has an abysmal kill-to-death ratio, Duffel Blog has learned.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

Caro was fighting ISIS not joining them ya lunkhead

IIRC Brown Moses said some dude got out of the prison Caro was in and said that he was being tortured and looked near death as they thought he might be a CIA spy or some stupid poo poo since he was an American.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Chinatown posted:

IIRC Brown Moses said some dude got out of the prison Caro was in and said that he was being tortured and looked near death as they thought he might be a CIA spy or some stupid poo poo since he was an American.

yeah he is def dead, just like, setting record straight he may have been a crazy man practicing youtube medicine and getting into crazy sniper duels, but he was doing it for the right reasons :kiddo:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

Branch 215 I think. It's pretty notorious as a place where people get tortured as poo poo.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

ISIL probably treats you better than Walmart or Target will for a job.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bacontotem posted:

ISIL probably treats you better than Walmart or Target will for a job.
Yeah, Walmart doesn't just give their undocumented workers AK-47s :v:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Nooner posted:

yeah he is def dead, just like, setting record straight he may have been a crazy man practicing youtube medicine and getting into crazy sniper duels, but he was doing it for the right reasons :kiddo:

Namaste

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i wish i could find the video of the goony guy in transitions lenses getting sent out alone into a battlefield, where he just gets shot immediately. it's hilarious and you can tell the IS guys are just totally loving with him. if im ever rich i'm gonna commission a triptych of his transition lenses transitioning on his corpse

i think they were fighting over an airport or something

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

do you think like when they are all sitting around bored in their safe houses they ever take turns where like one of the guys would put on a giant blanket like he is in a burka and then all the other guys j*ck off because its like they are looking at a girl but then last guy to finish has to wear the blanket next time?
Of course

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Frog Act posted:

i wish i could find the video of the goony guy in transitions lenses getting sent out alone into a battlefield, where he just gets shot immediately. it's hilarious and you can tell the IS guys are just totally loving with him. if im ever rich i'm gonna commission a triptych of his transition lenses transitioning on his corpse

yeah that's the guy i was thinking of. i can't find the video

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

No as it turns out with boys you just have to promise them they get to kill people and a lot of them will stand in line for it. The US military is a fine example. Except in ISIS's case you're a lot more likely to actually get to kill people.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

ArbitraryC posted:

there was an article about it in the guardian a little while ago that i can't immediately find, however the sales pitch is essentially material rewards: tons of loot, tons of slaves waiting on you hand and foot, hot jihadi bois, the respect of the entire community, promises to take care of you and your brood after your idiot husband gets merked, etc. i think the feeling of specialness and rebellion is probably the clincher, though.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Also the articles say Austrian or British but the names are like simosivik and prateena or whatever so for the girls its mostly not actual westerners

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Austria is not Australia, just fyi

also they both emigrated to Austria from Bosnia which is something like a hundred miles distance, so they count

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I'm a member of the Islamic State.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

more like balsamic vinaigrette state fag

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

jus kidding bro dont blow up my house

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Flesh Forge posted:

jus kidding bro dont blow up my house

Ur dead kaffir bitxh

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

i really want to know what the toilet situation is like for ISIS in Syria. Like is it really bad or do they portable toilets like get cleaned sometimes? Cause I heard that some westerner ISIS dudes were all pissed off that they got put on toilet patrol while the dudes who had been in ISIS for longer got to go fight. Th

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in Al-Qaeda, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Navy SEALs, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire ISIS armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The Puppet Master posted:

i really want to know what the toilet situation is like for ISIS in Syria. Like is it really bad or do they portable toilets like get cleaned sometimes? Cause I heard that some westerner ISIS dudes were all pissed off that they got put on toilet patrol while the dudes who had been in ISIS for longer got to go fight. Th

I hope you don't think they make the men do that.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

ugh gently caress you mom and dad my terrorist friends get me

joke_explainer
Dec 28, 2011

Frog Act posted:

Man. ISIS is terrible and all, and it takes a huge string of mistakes for most anybody to join up with them, but I hope I am never so jaded as to say a video of someone getting messed with that ends with him getting shot to death is 'hilarious'. Just seems like a total tragedy, being so hosed up in the head that you'd think that's a good idea, and then ending up with a group of people who trick you into getting shot to death because you aren't useful to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

ugh gently caress you mom and dad my terrorist friends get me
ISIS is the new livejournal

• Locked thread