Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
im the flag covered in dildos in the pride parade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

buddhanc posted:

That bitch sounds like a nightmare to be around. From Tumblr hipster SJW to ISIS wife lmbo how terrible
It was a good read but i can't say it surprises me she went from one extreme to another, rigorously following perceived rules and dehumanizing anyone else who doesn't, cutting yourself off from friends/family because they don't follow the rules or disagree with your behavior, a sense of belonging to the right side that is fighting the good fight. It's all about chasing the holier than thou high.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ArbitraryC posted:

It was a good read but i can't say it surprises me she went from one extreme to another, rigorously following perceived rules and dehumanizing anyone else who doesn't, cutting yourself off from friends/family because they don't follow the rules or disagree with your behavior, a sense of belonging to the right side that is fighting the good fight. It's all about chasing the holier than thou high.

someone post the sjw timeline.jpg thing

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

joke_explainer posted:

Man. ISIS is terrible and all, and it takes a huge string of mistakes for most anybody to join up with them, but I hope I am never so jaded as to say a video of someone getting messed with that ends with him getting shot to death is 'hilarious'. Just seems like a total tragedy, being so hosed up in the head that you'd think that's a good idea, and then ending up with a group of people who trick you into getting shot to death because you aren't useful to them.

Counterpoint: it was pretty funny.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i dont feel sorry for the wannabe terrorist guy

Lolly Poopdeck
Oct 21, 2010

by zen death robot
I think Snoop Dogg should join then he can be all like "fo' shizzle my isil".

:snoop:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Obligatory Handle posted:

Counterpoint: it was pretty funny.

Link plz

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Mange Mite posted:

Also the articles say Austrian or British but the names are like simosivik and prateena or whatever so for the girls its mostly not actual westerners

yeah they were muslims to begin with

makes u think

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
ISILamu alaykum

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

gently caress da Mods posted:

how bout u stfu and post more retarded goobers getting butt blasted out in sandlands

I too lust for death
Praise Satan

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

It was linked in one of the early ISIS threads but it's certainly been long deleted since it was basically ISIS propaganda. Someone else can get on a list for searching for that poo poo, not this guy.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
most of the ones from canada come from calgary and one specific "islamic center" but noboody does anything about it because of our gay muslim mayor, makes you think

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

ArbitraryC posted:

Like what was the sales pitch though, with the boys they could promise glory and camaraderie, maybe even women. You'd have to be dumb and gullible to buy into it but I can at least see the appeal to social outcasts. With the girls though it's not like it's an area known for treating women well, the only possible role they could fill is baby factory/servant. At a glance they also look like pretty average people, whereas the guys are invariably goony, i just don't see how you'd get the same combo of incentives and desperation.

They were probably promised Nutella

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Hehe

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009

Obligatory Handle posted:

It was linked in one of the early ISIS threads but it's certainly been long deleted since it was basically ISIS propaganda. Someone else can get on a list for searching for that poo poo, not this guy.
2:30 is the good part.
http://www.nytimes.com/video/world/middleeast/100000003001205/a-canadians-pitch-for-isis.html

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

lol RIP

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A long way to travel just to become sniper bait

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

The world lost a true tactical genius

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I wonder if he had time to think "gently caress this is just like CS:GO, I run forward and everyone else hangs back with their AWPs"

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Lord Binky posted:

The world lost a true tactical genius

I wonder if he ever noticed he was the only one running forward

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Human Decoy Grenade

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
This Canadian badass joined the Kurdish YPG to fight against ISIL:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
why d&d posters all like "america can't wipe out ISIS with half a thought" but then all like "private citizens couldn't fight the us military." hmm... guess they just retarded.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Tendai posted:

If you're actually interested in reading about how it happens (I'm never sure in gbs/rowdytrout) this is a decent article in terms of showing the methods they use. I know, Buzzfeed, but I promise it's not "20 THINGS YOU'LL ONLY GET IF YOU'RE A FUNDAMENTALIST MUSLIM CONVERT IN FUNNY GIFS":

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/woman-journey-from-chattanooga-to-isis

Find someone insecure and searching for anything to cling to (teenage girls as a whole), convince them that this is what they were looking for, profit. It's the same way cults have operated forever, look up love bombing and things like that.

Miss LF, 2015

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

text editor posted:

Miss LF, 2015

me irl, only replace Muslim with Tolstoy and Raymond Chandler

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Joining ISIS is like joining the military. Its strictly for retards who want to kill people, or get raped by retards who kill people.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

all the cool kids are joining ISIS gently caress yes

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

the isis guy who stormed Canada got the poo poo pwned out of him by a grizzled old man

seriously, look it up, Matrix jumping-turning-shots-in-the-air and everything

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

TerminalSaint posted:

This Canadian badass joined the Kurdish YPG to fight against ISIL:

Canadians loving LOVE fighting other people's wars that have nothing to do with them. Its a bad habit, but charming. Like our alcoholism.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

the isis guy who stormed Canada got the poo poo pwned out of him by a grizzled old man

seriously, look it up, Matrix jumping-turning-shots-in-the-air and everything

A pudgy grandad blew his face right off. :canada:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Agag posted:

A pudgy grandad blew his face right off. :canada:

Idk about "pudgy", he seems pretty fit for an old guy in a ceremonial position

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

TerminalSaint posted:

This Canadian rear end joined the Kurdish YPG to fight against ISIL:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

idiot

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Tendai posted:

If you're actually interested in reading about how it happens (I'm never sure in gbs/rowdytrout) this is a decent article in terms of showing the methods they use. I know, Buzzfeed, but I promise it's not "20 THINGS YOU'LL ONLY GET IF YOU'RE A FUNDAMENTALIST MUSLIM CONVERT IN FUNNY GIFS":

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/woman-journey-from-chattanooga-to-isis

Find someone insecure and searching for anything to cling to (teenage girls as a whole), convince them that this is what they were looking for, profit. It's the same way cults have operated forever, look up love bombing and things like that.

“in sha Allah [if God wills] this will make the camps of Emaan [believers] and Kuffr [non believers] known within Chattanooga.”

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I bet she was way more annoying when she was a fundie

Hot Cosby
Sep 23, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

gotta applaud the assad

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
please call it Daesh all this ISISL stuff is making me nervous

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

Idk about "pudgy", he seems pretty fit for an old guy in a ceremonial position

C'mon that is a doughy, well-fed white guy face. I'm not hating, I will be fatter than this at his age.

The point his he shot a terrorist in the face.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

joke_explainer posted:

Man. ISIS is terrible and all, and it takes a huge string of mistakes for most anybody to join up with them, but I hope I am never so jaded as to say a video of someone getting messed with that ends with him getting shot to death is 'hilarious'. Just seems like a total tragedy, being so hosed up in the head that you'd think that's a good idea, and then ending up with a group of people who trick you into getting shot to death because you aren't useful to them.

He's a western convert to ISIS. It's like the world decided that Nazis were getting too old, so there had to be a new bad guy that the main character in movies can murder by the dozen and the audience will cheer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Agag posted:

C'mon that is a doughy, well-fed white guy face. I'm not hating, I will be fatter than this at his age.

The point his he shot a terrorist in the face.

He shot him in the center mass like a professional, even when they were both lying next to each other

• Locked thread