Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ViggyNash posted:

:stare:

I totally missed the whole body too.

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
This has been pretty fantastic so far, hopefully they don't gently caress it up.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

The new episode should go up on Daisuki or Hulu later today, right?

:f5:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Binary Badger posted:

The new episode should go up on Daisuki or Hulu later today, right?

:f5:

Go to bed. It won't be up until you are.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Still around 9 hours yet.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

If all the fight scenes look as good as the one in this episode, I don't mind if they skip out on smaller scenes like Sonic in the forest. Though they didn't animate this, I dont really mind because the rest of the fight was really good

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Also, for those that haven't read the manga, the stuff with Sweet Mask (they should have called him that instead of Amai Mask) was anime original. He doesn't show up in the manga until a bit later.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

the wildest rear end posted:

If all the fight scenes look as good as the one in this episode, I don't mind if they skip out on smaller scenes like Sonic in the forest. Though they didn't animate this, I dont really mind because the rest of the fight was really good

Yeah, i don't mind little things like that; it's making both versions completely fantastic in their own rights.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Episode 5, "The Ultimate Master," is up on Hulu and Daisuki!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Binary Badger posted:

spoiler alart

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/SJhSoQT.gifv

good walk

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
make sure to stick around for the after credit stinger, it really ties the episode together instead of teasing the next one

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Binary Badger posted:

I binged the first 4 again and timed it just right for this to come up.

Like every week I find myself watching all the episodes so far again and then the new one.

:allears: Good Episode

Big fan of the Udon... but is this teasing Sweet Mask as part of the ORGANIZATION?

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Why do they keep not translating the hero names? Their ridiculousness is such a big part of the show's atmosphere for me.

The sparring scene was just as amazing as I'd hoped.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Saitama creating a new valley with just the air current from his punch is one of the coolest demonstrations of his power imo

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

The "Saitama got 71%" joke went on a little too long for my tastes, but the Genos fight more than made up for it :allears:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

AtomikKrab posted:

Big fan of the Udon... but is this teasing Sweet Mask as part of the ORGANIZATION?

He meant the hero organization.

But yeah this show keeps blowing it out of the water. It's so good.

Agamembar
Jan 21, 2005

A USS Enterprise appears.
USS Enterprise uses 'Phaser Barrage'.
Its super effective.
The sparring match was one of things I had been waiting to see them do and it did not disappoint,
also what is it about things impacting into dirt/earth in anime that makes it break into cubes so neatly?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm hungry. Wanna get lunch?

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Agamembar posted:

The sparring match was one of things I had been waiting to see them do and it did not disappoint,
also what is it about things impacting into dirt/earth in anime that makes it break into cubes so neatly?

A bunch of top action animators use (overuse?) cubes. Yutaka Nakamura (BONES guy) is pretty well known for it.

The scene in question was animated by Arifumi Imai and he's started using cubes for all kinds of things, look 30 seconds into this for example.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Snek's foot wasn't backward. :catbert:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm a little worried at this pace that we won't get to some of the villains by the end of the season. This episode, it felt like they could have cut the Sweet Mask stuff and put in the next round with Sonic easily enough.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bobulus posted:

I'm a little worried at this pace that we won't get to some of the villains by the end of the season. This episode, it felt like they could have cut the Sweet Mask stuff and put in the next round with Sonic easily enough.

We are actually at a pretty good pace to get to the latest stopping point in Murata's version by the end. This is the first time they've gone less than 3-4 chapters an episode and we have 14 more chapters to that last stopping point. It'll be fine. We have time to kill.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

That was some delicious 24 fps fight scene.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Think I'm gonna stick to Hulu to watch OPM for the foreseeable future; dunno if it's my integrated graphics chip but Daisuki showed a lot more artifacting during the animation-heavy scenes; Hulu was a lot smoother.

Agamembar
Jan 21, 2005

A USS Enterprise appears.
USS Enterprise uses 'Phaser Barrage'.
Its super effective.

aers posted:

A bunch of top action animators use (overuse?) cubes. Yutaka Nakamura (BONES guy) is pretty well known for it.

The scene in question was animated by Arifumi Imai and he's started using cubes for all kinds of things, look 30 seconds into this for example.

Ah ok, yeah, I mean it looks cool and must just be a real easy and cheap way to do debris. So now I'm just counting the episodes until the fight at the end of the Alien Conquerors Arc to look forward too.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
The sparring session was great.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Man, this is an entertaining show.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
The scene with animated interaction with Genos after the fight just shows how very nonchalant Saitama is about having a power no one can really come close to achieving.

The bouncing animation while he is walking away seems like he is doing it to just taunt Genos like "You were no big deal" but Saitama really can't think of thoughts like that besides simple justice. That's what makes Saitama really a precious hero character to me.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014
Remember, its Snek, not Snake :psyduck:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Why do they keep not translating the hero names? Their ridiculousness is such a big part of the show's atmosphere for me.

Don't worry, I'm sure Tatsumaki will be Tornado :v:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

EVIR Gibson posted:

The scene with animated interaction with Genos after the fight just shows how very nonchalant Saitama is about having a power no one can really come close to achieving.

The bouncing animation while he is walking away seems like he is doing it to just taunt Genos like "You were no big deal" but Saitama really can't think of thoughts like that besides simple justice. That's what makes Saitama really a precious hero character to me.

What really sells it for me is how when they're walking home Saitama says that they're tied at 1-1, because Genos demolished the SPICY UDON challenge, when Saitama had to tap out. He's just transcended the concept of power levels so hard that he while he does enjoy a good fight (or would, if he could get one), he doesn't consider it any more important than anything else a person might be good at.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Genos' animation is absurdly good.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I like Snek's intensity.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I love how you can see stuff glowing through his clothes.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
S class udon eating skills

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

What really sells it for me is how when they're walking home Saitama says that they're tied at 1-1, because Genos demolished the SPICY UDON challenge, when Saitama had to tap out. He's just transcended the concept of power levels so hard that he while he does enjoy a good fight (or would, if he could get one), he doesn't consider it any more important than anything else a person might be good at.

The thing i like about it is the fact that genos is a cyborg, he can probably just "eat" as much noodles as he wants and disinegrate it or something, so it's not even a fair contest. He can't lose in that kind of "fight", because it's not even the same thing to him compared to Saitama. And that's exactly how it is for Saitama in their spar compared to Genos.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
How do you tell a friend that they are so weak that an actual fight is impossible, without being rude about it? Obviously Genos knows that Saitama is stupidly strong, but until Saitama actually throws that real punch I don't think he quite realized that telling Saitama "don't hold back" is the same as saying "kill me without even trying."

DEATH

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

It looks like Saitama so far only punches with his right hand. The weights and whack a mole was also only with his right hand. He's also carrying his groceries with his right hand in the intro.

What's going on with his left hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Chocobo posted:

How do you tell a friend that they are so weak that an actual fight is impossible, without being rude about it? Obviously Genos knows that Saitama is stupidly strong, but until Saitama actually throws that real punch I don't think he quite realized that telling Saitama "don't hold back" is the same as saying "kill me without even trying."

DEATH

• Locked thread