Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
And I've got my character created, too!

"sn" is just short for "Short Name to Avoid Annoying Commisioner".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
I, too, have entered a fighter, none other than the esteemed and well-regarded A Lost Cowman, who most certainly wasn't just lured to the gladiator pen with promises of food and cowladies.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Are Werewolves and Tigerman still the same stats? In the OP it looks like they have differences.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

fallingdownjoe posted:

Are Werewolves and Tigerman still the same stats? In the OP it looks like they have differences.

Better not be, I made my choice based on those values! And it's going to matter this time, I swear!

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

I entered a fighter, tigerman Anthony

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

fallingdownjoe posted:

No, they aren't. I'm a big dummy.

Don't you all feel safe with me running the fights?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I doubt it'll matter as my fighter is probably going to die in the first round!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

No, they aren't. I'm a big dummy.
No argument here!

quote:

Don't you all feel safe with me running the fights?
Strangely yes, as I have full confidence in your willingness to do what it takes to maintain my "winning" streak.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Halfway there! We need more goons!

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Roland Gorchnik is in!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ZkmgU32GU
Gonna have a chain fight tonight!*

*or whenever the tournament starts.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug
Madmartigan, Miner Molemarian minor, is ready to fight and die for glory.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Just waiting for confirmation.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

I can't think of anything clever yet but my placeholder name is submitted!

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Bo is.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS! He's got a brand new ball-peen hammer and entire season's supply of Blazin' Rooster Extra-Hot Sriracha Pork Rinds and he is going to own this tournament.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Godna, C7ty1, PotatoManJack, Alvie, and Added Space have all had their accounts enabled and should be ready to create a fighter.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Fear Min/Maxotaur, lady of optimal stat growth!

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I notice the number of slots has quietly increased from 48 to 64.

Gonna be a lot of fights!

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Edit: Never mind, wrong link.

Revenant Threshold fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 14, 2015

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Jazzimus Prime posted:

The upcoming Arena Challenge Season Five will feature a group of fighting teams slogging through a season of 18 matches in order to qualify for a single-elimination playoff! Will your team have what it takes to raise this year's Murder Bowl trophy?
Is that 18 total matches, or 18 tournament rounds (Eg. each team gets 18 matches)? Because with the 16 team split 18 matches doesn't really sound like much.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Godna, C7ty1, PotatoManJack, Alvie, and Added Space have all had their accounts enabled and should be ready to create a fighter.

Why did you skip me? :(

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Pickled Tink posted:

Is that 18 total matches, or 18 tournament rounds (Eg. each team gets 18 matches)? Because with the 16 team split 18 matches doesn't really sound like much.

18 total matches FOR EACH TEAM.

FillInTheBlank posted:

Why did you skip me? :(

Your account was already approved. You can go ahead and create a fighter and join the tournament anytime.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Your account was already approved. You can go ahead and create a fighter and join the tournament anytime.

Oh. I didn't see a post/email about it.

Edit: Grimmick the Gremlin is ready to annoy peoples faces.

Vapor Moon fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 14, 2015

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
One last set of questions:

1: Has the games automatic variability of created creatures in the arena been dealt with (Super muscular yeti one round, super weak yeti the next)?

2: Will we be getting points to spend after each round (In addition to the participation bonus points)? Or just during the playoffs? This is not specified in the OP.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Pickled Tink posted:

One last set of questions:

1: Has the games automatic variability of created creatures in the arena been dealt with (Super muscular yeti one round, super weak yeti the next)?

2: Will we be getting points to spend after each round (In addition to the participation bonus points)? Or just during the playoffs? This is not specified in the OP.

1. Yes, the variance has been dealt with. There will still be some variance, but it will be much, much smaller than before.

2. During the 18 match season, only the participation bonus points will be awarded. During the playoffs, a larger number of points will be awarded for advancing.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I should probably read the OP.

e: So this is a team-based tournament? Assume I wasn't really tracking the last thread.

derp

Jazzimus Prime posted:

The upcoming Arena Challenge Season Five will feature a group of fighting teams slogging through a season of 18 matches in order to qualify for a single-elimination playoff! Will your team have what it takes to raise this year's Murder Bowl trophy?

As mentioned before, the current tournament will feature an 18-match season leading up to a single-elimination playoff. After each seasonal match, all killed fighters will be resurrected and all injured fighters will be healed in preparation for the next match.

How big are the teams?

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 14, 2015

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Bad Munki posted:

I should probably read the OP.

e: So this is a team-based tournament? Assume I wasn't really tracking the last thread.

derp

How big are the teams?

Originally I had planned on teams of 3. I have increased the size to teams of 4 because it looked like there was enough demand for participation to support it.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
So do we make one fighter each? Or Does each player make 4?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Godna posted:

So do we make one fighter each? Or Does each player make 4?

One each, then you have to pray you don't get Bad Munki on your team.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Look at this guy, trying to make sure he's the only one that gets blessed with my skillz.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

Look at this guy, trying to make sure he's the only one that gets blessed with my skillz.

I'm using the same build I was last time I was on your team. Let's see how things play out when I'm unquestionably the worst fighter.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Tunicate posted:

I'm using the same build I was last time I was on your team. Let's see how things play out when I'm unquestionably the worst fighter.

I'm going with something completely new, we're talking bleeding edge garbage here. The worst you can do is now obsolete.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Spermy Smurf posted:

Do you mean Bad Munki the manager, or Bad Munki the combatant? Which would be more terrifying?

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!
Will we have the chance to change races/skills when we're assigned to teams? I remember that being talked about.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Bene Elim posted:

Will we have the chance to change races/skills when we're assigned to teams? I remember that being talked about.

Yes, you can change races/skills up until the first round is started.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Mogwai has entered the tournament. just remember to keep him off the water okay?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Dark Off posted:

Mogwai has entered the tournament. just remember to keep him off the water okay?

Ah, a relative of previous tournament winner Fed After Midnight enters the fray, I see! :v:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: ATTENTION: Anyone who entered a Molemarian, Werewolf, Tigerman, Minotaur, Troll, or Yeti into the tournament: :siren:

Because I was an idiot and forgot to reset some settings for this tournament, you may have paid more than you should have if you purchased armor or striking skill for your fighter.

I've edited the rules to fix the problem so large fighters won't be overcharged going forward, and I've reimbursed any fighters who were overcharged. Check your fighter, you may still have some points left to spend now!

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Slam Whale Willy the Werewolf is ready to kick some rear end, or more likely get beheaded in the first battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Return of Panty Thief has, erm, returned! All shall fear his larcenous wrath.