Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Roland Gorchnik is in!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ZkmgU32GU
Gonna have a chain fight tonight!*

*or whenever the tournament starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
The Gorch is not doing well this tournament. Should have gone for dual chains instead of the shield.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Eventually, The Gorch will get his shot to wail on an elf with a heavy chain. Until then, things look grim.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
My fighter has two chains.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Voting no home field advantage.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
The early adamantine shirt was a weight around The Gorch's neck. Leathers and chains!

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
The elf woke up the moment the fight ended haha!

quote:

Kobold 1 has been struck down.
Sun Tzulander_BITES regains consciousness.
Roland Gorchnik_BITES: Death... The horror consumes me!
Sun Tzulander_BITES: Can it all end so quickly? This doesn't scare me.
Sun Tzulander_BITES: I've been wounded. It's annoying.
Sun Tzulander_BITES is no longer stunned.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Heavily Whipped.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
This would've been a good time to have that glowing blue shirt.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
So in lieu of armor, I've just been buying more points in Dodge. Is that a valid strategy or does it come apart in number crunching?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
You're welcome goatface.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
A losers bracket with a points reset would be fun. A free for all even. Four teams at once. Something fast.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Roland Gorchnik of This Bites

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Roland Gorchnik is a male Human fighter participating in the 1054 Armok Arena League tournament as a member of This Bites.

He has 39 points currently available to spend.

He has the following equipment.
Copper Scourge
Iron Cap
Leather Armor
Iron Mail Shirt
Iron Greaves
Leather Gauntlets
Leather Low Boots

He has the following skills.
Level 2 Fighting (Adequate)
Level 5 Lash (Proficient)
Level 3 Biting (Competent)
Level 6 Dodging (Talented)
Level 1 Shield (Novice)
Level 1 Armor (Novice)

Should have tested my initial adamantine mail shirt and low weapon skill plan. Same with selling the shield for the scourge, and latter the whip for more skill points. A steel or iron shirt, more skill, and starting with the scourge might have changed things considerably. At least buying flashy nonsense is more or less in character.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Human 5 aka Roland Gorchnik lasted to line 2147, holy moly!

quote:

Human 5 lashes Tiger Man 2 in the right upper arm with his copper scourge, fracturing the bone through the large iron mail shirt!

Not bad.

quote:

Human 6 bashes Werewolf 2 in the left paw with his platinum war hammer, jamming the bone through the left ankle's muscle and shattering the left ankle's bone!
The Werewolf 2 loses hold of the large cow leather right glove.
Dwarf 6 hacks Werewolf 2 in the right upper arm with her steel great axe and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Serpent Man 2: Death... The horror conssssumesss me!
Minotaur 4 slashes Werewolf 2 in the left paw with his iron two-handed sword and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Antman 3: Death is all around us. The horror consumes me!
Molemarian 3 stabs Werewolf 2 in the right upper leg with his steel spear, chipping the bone through the large cow leather armor!
A tendon has been torn!
Strangler 2 lashes Werewolf 2 in the upper body with his copper whip, bruising the muscle and bruising the liver through the large cow leather armor!
Werewolf 4 bashes Werewolf 2 in the upper body with his bronze mace, bruising the muscle and shattering the left false ribs through the large cow leather armor!
The Werewolf 2 gives in to pain.
Human 6: Death is all around us. The horror consumes me!
Minotaur 5: Death is all around us. I am not upset by this.
Strangler 5 strikes Werewolf 2 in the right paw with his iron pick and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Human 5 lashes Werewolf 2 in the right paw with his copper scourge!
Human 5: Death... This is truly horrifying.

Good lord. Roland hit the paw at is was sailing through the air.

quote:

Tiger Man 5 punches Werewolf 4 in the upper body with his left hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the left false ribs through the heart and tearing apart the heart!
A major artery in the heart has been opened by the attack!
Dwarf 6: Death is all around us. This is truly horrifying.
The Werewolf 4 loses hold of the large cow leather right glove.
Human 5 lashes Werewolf 4 in the right hand with his copper scourge and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Minotaur 4 slaps Werewolf 4 in the fourth finger, right hand with the flat of his iron two-handed sword!

A very rough time for werewolves.

quote:

Werewolf 6 strikes at Minotaur 4 but the shot is blocked with the oaken shield!
Human 5 lashes Minotaur 4 in the right upper arm with his copper scourge, fracturing the bone through the large iron mail shirt!
Minotaur 5 strikes at Minotaur 4 but the shot is blocked with the oaken shield!
The Minotaur 4 loses hold of the large copper right gauntlet.
The Minotaur 4 loses hold of the {iron two-handed sword}.
Dwarf 6 hacks Minotaur 4 in the right lower arm with her steel great axe and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Shouldn't have batted away the werewolf's hand like that.

quote:

Minotaur 2 stabs Human 5 in the right lower leg with her copper spear, fracturing the bone and shattering the right knee's bone through the iron greaves!
A ligament has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
A ligament in the right knee has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
Dwarf 7 punches Werewolf 6 in the left upper leg with his left hand, bruising the bone through the large bronze greaves!
The Human 5 falls over.
The Human 5 gives in to pain.

And a few more stabs to the head and it's all over. Who was Minotaur 2?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
I know of at least a couple people that are still working on fighters, maybe wait till Sunday before wrapping the entry phase?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
B. I based my build on the new version.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Maybe the fight is still going.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
So where's the fight?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Big round of applause for Jon Joe for coaching the team.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

jon joe posted:

If anyone would like, I can do a general write-up containing CiC's exact builds and my thinking behind the team composition. As a result, perhaps we can see stronger competitors next tournament (though presumably the new version will invalidate some of my thinking).

Big counter-thanks to Maarak for coming up with Minos Jr's devastating build in the first place. The Minotaur was a sheer force of will and highly instrumental to our success.

The Minos build(outside of inevitable point cost changes) should work quite well in the next tournament. Big creatures with heavy weapons get quite gnarly with the way force is transmitted through limbs, almost enough to make a silver bow useful in melee. Almost.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
5. Tucker

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Cythereal posted:

I... was not expecting Shaver's halberd to be stolen and used to dismantle the team.

With zero weapon skill too!

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Spermy Smurf posted:

I will run my own fight on Monday if no one else does.

Where is the other new commish? We had 2 added right?

*muffled sounds of mount and blade combat*

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
How long do mole people live? Worried that my fighter will die of old age.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
A.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Armok is getting thirsty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Did points get awarded for the win? I can't remember if I had banked some or not.

edit. or wait, is third place all that's left?

Maarak fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 2, 2019