Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

I can't think of anything clever yet but my placeholder name is submitted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

The issue there is that people might want to co-ordinate with their teammates on their starting builds to avoid 3 archers. Or 2 archers. Or really even 1 archer.

Archery blows in a team battle, classically, is all I'm saying.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

"The Gremlin Murder Lottery"

Ramc
May 4, 2008

How do you decide which one is the Powerball?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Tunicate posted:

No reason the initial team-deciding tournament would lock your character build.

After the battle royale you can tweak to your heart's content.

If so, then fair enough.

Edit- and might let some people see if their initial build is obviously flawed.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

My Dad, email sent. Afriscipio, nice to be working with you again! Mr. Vile? Well I'm sure you're nice too.

I'm at kirasect at gmail dot com.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Afriscipio posted:

I go away for one day and everything happens in my absence. My Dad, is there anything I should know about the team?

Added you onto our chain, assuming your email hasn't changed since Meat and Two Veg.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Don't worry about co-ordinating your builds. No other team would go to the effort to synergize themselves into the perfect collaborative killing machine. No team will. Certainly not OUR team. Don't worry.

Relax.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

:black101:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Yes! The drought is over. Let these parched lands slake their thirst with a rain of blood.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I have no complaints about my performance. I EFFECTIVELY killed someone and brutalized another before I went down.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

It is worth warning that (IT SEEMS THAT) if you are using a super heavy weapon and your gladiator isn't strong enough to really utilize it, your damage potential goes way down. In Yetibrawl I gave a slade mace to my dude and WHOOPS. You have some outlier chances to deal some good hits, but mostly you are going to lightly bruise people because you can barely lift your comical weapon. Big gently caress-off platinum weapons might do sort of the same thing for normal-sized gladiators. Someone can either back me up or explain why I am wrong here though.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Godna posted:

Wow...spears. They seem to be the weapon of kings here.

Spears are pretty good, but it pays to have a good spread of damage types in the team, in my experience.

Edit: It helps the enemy only had like leather armor, not that spears are any sort of slouch when it comes to armor piercing.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

No poo poo. That entire team. Zeetoo. My dad. There were more but on my phone. Screw looking it up.

What did you guys figure out about spears?

my dad posted:

Pierci Nope Nope Nope Nope I am not even gonna try to explain that poo poo

Whatever they found... it left them... changed.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Yessss. :black101:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Goood fight. Also, the combat log goes to the wrong fight.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Jazzimus Prime posted:

:argh: I thought I could fix that before anyone noticed. Fixed now.

I actually uploaded the wrong one at first so you'll have to reload it

NICE TRY.

Also goddamn does that cow keep getting his loving bell rung in this log. How many head hits did he tank?

edit:

A Series of Head Traumas posted:

Krog Bonesmasha bashes A Lost Cowman in the head with his copper war hammer, bruising the muscle and fracturing the skull through the large silver helm!

Madmartigan strikes A Lost Cowman in the head with his iron pick, tearing the muscle through the large silver helm!

The Abominable Gladiator kicks A Lost Cowman in the head with her left foot, bruising the muscle through the large silver helm!

The Abominable Gladiator punches A Lost Cowman in the lower front teeth with her right hand and the severed part sails off in an arc!

The Abominable Gladiator bites A Lost Cowman in the right ear and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Madmartigan strikes A Lost Cowman in the right cheek with his oaken shield and the injured part explodes into gore!

The Abominable Gladiator scratches A Lost Cowman in the nose and the severed part sails off in an arc!

The Abominable Gladiator punches A Lost Cowman in the head with her right hand, bruising the muscle through the large silver helm!
A Lost Cowman has been knocked unconscious!

The Abominable Gladiator punches A Lost Cowman in the head with her left hand, bruising the muscle through the large silver helm!

The Abominable Gladiator punches A Lost Cowman in the head with her right hand, bruising the muscle through the large silver helm!

In Like Flynn strikes A Lost Cowman in the head with his iron pick, tearing apart the muscle, fracturing the skull through the large silver helm!
An artery has been opened by the attack!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!

The Abominable Gladiator punches A Lost Cowman in the head with her left hand, bruising the muscle through the large silver helm!

Krog Bonesmasha bashes A Lost Cowman in the head with his copper war hammer and the injured part is crushed!
An artery has been opened by the attack!
A Lost Cowman has been struck down.

Ramc fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 24, 2015

Ramc
May 4, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

True, but ctrl-c ctrl-f "A Lost Cowman in the head" seemed like a good idea at the time.

I added a list of all 13 hits to my post above, yeah. Those other ones were trickier.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Coward posted:

:stare:

Even with the home team advantage, I have had Bowbolds with skills four points higher who couldn't hit with every shot, let alone make every shot effective. Did making an archer and naming him Bad Munki create a double negative of competence?

Excellent work to my team mates for just loving clearing the room, too!

Like a Double Ice Backfire I guess.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE
AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR BAD MUNKI
AT SACRIFICE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Do necks just not bleed much? I swear. If there was a bullfrog man race that was 80% giant inflatable neck they would be invincible.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

:boom:

Oh I'm sorry, were we supposed to LOSE as the visiting team?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Panty Thief then throws the moleman from the ground, and then people take pot-shots at the airborn moleman. Josie smashes his guts which causes violent vomiting. Molegrim slams into the ground, then skids for a few yards before being stopped by Turquoise Tonic. The human, Turquoise, doesn't take this very well and is stunned and knocked backwards where he slams into the floor with quite a bit of force. Josie the Bludgeonatrix takes the opportunity to pulp Turquoises' arm, and Turquoise passes out from the pain.

DUAL TECH UNLOCKED

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Afriscipio posted:

Is it time for the "get dunked on" emote?

Jesus the description of the yeti toss is even more metal in the combat log. People are skidding apart.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

So what is the smiley for when a yeti throws a mole into the air, the mole gets hit by en elf in the guts so hard that he pukes and the force of that puke changes the trajectory of his flight 90 degrees to spike on his teammate like a flesh-rending vomit comet? Artists!?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

(Also when you zoom out the splatter of blood and vomit spells out "The Plump Helmets".)

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Mr. Vile posted:

By the toe. That's my favourite part of the whole thing.

loving incredible.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

My guy became a hexaplegic. That only made him angry enough to successfully bite through silver plate. :allears:

Exactly like how when you lose a sense, the other senses become stronger to compensate.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Tunicate posted:

Once again, the home team is victorious!

I suppose it says something about how well-balanced the system is if we can detect a single skill rank on each competitor.

Yes, though I would have bet on the Dentists even if they were the visitor. They're pretty good.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

jon joe posted:

Yep, expected winner. I don't know why people thought A Tarantino Film would win, just because they're bigger and home team? Worker Cooperative made a very strong showing first round despite losing. A Tarantino Film did not, and they even went against Team Laser Explosion, who are worse than The Plump Helmets.

edit: If anyone wants some amount of free money before round 3, Go big and/or go home will win against Lightly Whipped.

I'm not even sure what I was thinking betting on A Tarantino Film in retrospect, yes. (Also, literally the only people who bet on Plump Helmets last fight were members of Plump Helmets :( )

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Splode posted:

People are probably betting on Bene Elim

Probably that.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

It is more like the idea of fan art than actual fan art.

It is pretty bad is what I am saying.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Is it the two best teams from each division that advance to the playoffs, like last time iirc, or is it determined some other way?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Ghostwoods posted:

I think we're conclusively proving that whips and scourges are somewhat overpriced :)

I think it might be because they cause a lot of pain and pain can be super disabling? I guess we can just wait for the Mydad weapons effort post.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

B benefits my team.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

ZeeToo posted:

I'm actually okay with either way, but... what's the difference? What, as a player, am I likely to do differently to kill more enemies when we lose?

I guess it is a... nerf to bashing-heavy teams? Slashing is just more likely to cause mid-fight fatality due to bleed outs. Yeah. If you are gonna do it, do A (but I voted B)

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Oh hahahahaha gently caress yooooooou haaaa.

(okay that was a pretty good joke)

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

If the website gets much better it will be impossible for me to cheat.

It is a labor of love blood.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bad Munki posted:

We need to get Toady involved so that he can write some functionality for the arena writeup to be automatically generated and bake it directly into DF.

Then we just need to replace the players with more procedurally generated Toadyism.

Will a procgenplayer with the [BAD MUNKI] flag just constantly make bad choices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

The blood is getting a bit dry.