Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Oh man, it's been a while since I've done one of these. Time to make a Kobold!

EDIT: The Krying Bowbold Returns!

EDIT2: Hmm, can I still reduce the number of arrows my fighter starts with?

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Hmm, I was going for a gimmicky "fire two arrows, then beat the opponent to death with the bow" build, the one build where I actually won with a bowbold, but for a teamfight I guess I'll go with a more traditional build.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Silverminnow posted:

Fellow Cool Rad Awesome Pals, I hope you're as excited as I am to destroy our much larger opponents in round 1. Seriously though I think we look fine and can't wait to see what the hell happens.

poo poo, that's right, we're all small mostly relying on dodge.

we are hosed.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I can neither confirm nor deny that my team may or may not have all four fighters as kobolds armed with bows.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
oh right, I did sing a poo poo ton of songs for Gemclod. Oh the memories.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Oh man, if you hate Solomon's name, you'll hate my bowbold's name.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Oak is generally considered the worst material for anything except shields. An oak shield will block just as well as a steel shield, and is a whole lot cheaper.

They can even block dragonfire! :science:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

my dad posted:

Huh. That's not actually a bad idea. It's even really cheap, and a copper one can work like an emergency melee weapon in case something goes wrong with the actual sword. I'll test it out in a bit.

My original bow-bold build was to start a match with a Platinum/Silver Bow and 2-3 arrows. Enough to shoot the enemy as they approach you, then bludgeon them to death when they're in your face. If this wasn't a team-fight, this would be exactly what I would be using.

Alternatively, a Soldier Ant Woman with a Bow, Sword, and Shield using effectively the same strategy as above, only this time you can combine slashing and blunt damage together after getting a few early hits in. I would try this but, well, Kobolds.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

Where were you 4 days ago with this brilliant idea?

Came up with it on IRC a year or two ago. And of course I'm not going to announce my wacky build ideas when people are still making theirs! I could be making this wacky idea that is horribly doomed to fail.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Galick posted:

so like, if any commissioner has a method of editing the images that's faster than manually cropping each, that'd be greeeeeat
also I am by no means an expert on this, despite the help I received, so feedback is entirely welcome!

Infranview has a batch edit thingie. As long as the arena's in the same spot in every picture, you can auto-crop each one -- and leave the originals intact if you want!

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Instead we just fight while weeping and wailing about the horrors of war.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Bowbold supremacy

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

ZeeToo posted:

...Wait, what? Holy poo poo, Krying just managed a perfect shot on Ghost-Tree's head, and the molemarian just flops over, an arrow protruding from an eyesocket.

Seriously? My bowbold didn't brutally lose on the first round like every other time?

Praise be...whatever kobolds worship, I am saved!

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

quote:

Dusseldwarf_SUB kicks Krying Bowbold_PAL in the left foot with her right foot and the injured part explodes into gore!
An artery has been opened by the attack!
Krying Bowbold_PAL falls over.

:stare:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
F. Free-For-All. Put all the non-champion teams in a giant arena. The last teams to have at least one member still alive go to the playoffs.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

ZeeToo posted:

Moon Shirt stabs both legs, one coming all the way off and the other mostly. Willy smashes her skull. Hobbes grabs at her teeth. Willy crushes her arrow-holding hand. Hobbes twists a thumb. Moon Shirt decapitates her. Snowshank couldn't even reach the kobold, because his other teammates were already in the way.

:stare:
:cry:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Hihohe posted:

Needs to menace more with spikes of rhyolite

And kobold leather.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

GreyPowerVan posted:

Great archery

Seriously! Other than my first match, my accuracy has been poo poo!

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Ramc posted:

Not the last I hope. Also, after the tourney I want to see the Krying Kobold and Bad Munki(Coward)'s builds side by side. I want to see why the first one barely finds his mark, and the second is the goddamn terminator.

I'll reveal my build right away, because this is depressing. :cry:

quote:

She has the following equipment.
Steel Bow

She has the following skills.
Level 10 Archery (Accomplished)
Level 6 Bow (Talented)
The reason Archery is so high is that I bought 5 Bow at creation, and invested the rest in Archery for the extra accuracy. So...I have no loving idea. :psyduck: I can only assume the other bowbold has maxed Archery or more investment in Bow, despite wasting skill points on the cap.

Also seriously people, pronouns!

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I think for now lineups should be left alone for now, since it would unbalance the season. Maybe once we hit the playoffs, we can allow lineup changing for the teams that make it through.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I'm sorry Bad Munki. I cursed you. :cry:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I'm okay with it either way.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I'm with Bad Munki.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Noooo Krying! :cry:

You're supposed to spread the arrows around, so that all your enemies are too pained to get towards you, not wasting 14 shots on someone who's already down

edit: also, seriously people, pronouns!

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 12, 2016

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

I did find the "Ban Bad Munki" button which is an odd thing to have scripted into a site, but whatever.

Noooo don't ban the other bowbold

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Worse Munki has done something no team in arena history has done before*, and that's win seven matches in a row! :black101:

*All previous arena tournaments had no teams fight more than six matches

God dammit, I got paired with the wrong Munki.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
gently caress walls

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

AJ_Impy posted:

Bows are proving far more dangerous than whips in kills per gladiator, even more so when you factor in gamechanging nonfatal injuries.

Yeah, bows don't hit all that often or even very much, but drat when they do they can gently caress someone up. Like drat near every shot Krying has fired that hit has either caused crippling pain and slowed them down, cause crippling pain and knocked them out, or killed them outright.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Steel is also lighter, so I wouldn't be accidentally overloading the bowbold

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
If anyone gives me another fighter, I'm giving them a bow asap.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
archery physics :argh:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

AJ_Impy posted:

Jimbo Akimbo has half again as many kills as the rest of the team put together: Is Bad Munki's gladiator the only one making an effort, or are the rest of the team demoralised by being associated with him?

Hey, if my bowbold aimed for the yeti instead, we possibly could have won that! Don't neglect bowbold contributions just because I can randomly cripple an enemy even though I don't get the kill.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

Bowbold from CRAP. gently caress you Bad Munki

gently caress you Bad Munki

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Hmm. If I was going to the finals, I might switch out that steel bow for something with a bit more piercing power. Coward, take note?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Tunicate posted:

So how many ranks do you need in archery for it to actually hit things?

The weird thing is Bowbold has had 10 Archery since the beginning.