Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Originally this thread was going to be about "geek" products generally, but oh my god Star Wars has completely cornered the market on making baffling poo poo.

A Death Star cutting board. Why? What advantage does this offer over a normal cutting board, except for channels for liquids to puddle and mold in?

Of course.

Why?

Oh good, now I can pretend someone hit a tiny head of Darth Vader through my back loving windshield.

If you wanted to say you have no family or are alone, you could have just bought the one that says "Star Wars".

If you wear cufflinks, you don't wear these.

If you use a yoga mat, you don't use this one.

Storm troopers AND zombies?! Sign me the gently caress up!!

The movie isn't even out!! You don't even know who this is!!!! You don't have to serve chips off it yet!!!!!!!!!

Source: 3 minutes on thinkgeek, I didn't even have to be selective I just clicked on stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why? Because idiots buy millions of 'em that's why.

Dehumanize and face the capitalism.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I thoguht that the new Battlefield seemed kinda fun but that guys in imp zone all said bad things about it so now im confused?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
like someone will for real trample and kill you in a store to get at those stupid plastic shits

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Pick posted:

Storm troopers AND zombies?! Sign me the gently caress up!!

That's a skeleton you idiot

How do you even gently caress that up

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Pick posted:

Originally this thread was going to be about "geek" products generally, but oh my god Star Wars has completely cornered the market on making baffling poo poo.

If you wanted to say you have no family or are alone, you could have just bought the one that says "Star Wars".

nerds just got rekt

also keep in mind this is the fault of anyone who accepts a job in marketing and the entire result of post industrial capitalism, which continues to grow and morph into something more vile like the The Blob )google it to buy merchandise about The Blob)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Geoff Zahn posted:

That's a skeleton you idiot

How do you even gently caress that up

You don't outline regular skeletons in green!

e: also skroo u

Pick fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Oct 13, 2015

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

In case you needed to FLIP your MEAT with a STAR WARS

Dress your child as an incestuous cloud of pop culture

this is great though

Pick fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 13, 2015

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
That little sphere robot actually makes sense, at least. The rest of that merchandise is pretty bad I hope it's just all bought by idiot grandmas whose grandchildren once foolishly mentioned liking star wars around them

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
I flip my meat to slave Leia, if you know what I mean.

;)

(I jerk off.)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
more like tard wars, imo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Aralan posted:

That little sphere robot actually makes sense, at least. The rest of that merchandise is pretty bad I hope it's just all bought by idiot grandmas whose grandchildren once foolishly mentioned liking star wars around them

my grandchild will love strategically burnt bread!

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Pick posted:

If you wear cufflinks, you don't wear these.

How many different types of TIE fighters can be bought as cufflinks? I mean, if they had like the TIE Defender or the TIE stealth, I would consider it.

Is there a TIE tie?

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
episodes I, II, and III

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Acid Haze posted:

How many different types of TIE fighters can be bought as cufflinks? I mean, if they had like the TIE Defender or the TIE stealth, I would consider it.

Is there a TIE tie?

what do you loving think

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

this isn't a photoshop, that's actually the official trading card of c3po that they printed and put into packs

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
I don't know, this website seems pretty cool.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
More like Threefeetio. Goddamn, look at that flag pole.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pulp Can Move posted:

More like Threefeetio. Goddamn, look at that flag pole.

diplomatic relations :q:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Pick posted:

The movie isn't even out!! You don't even know who this is!!!! You don't have to serve chips off it yet!!!!!!!!!

Source: 3 minutes on thinkgeek, I didn't even have to be selective I just clicked on stuff

This.

The movie isn't out yet, this thing appeared for a moment in the trailer, and people are going nuts over it, I'm baffled. For all you know, this is Janitor Droid 7, rolling around the desert cleaning up banta poo poo.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Where are the pointy ears?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
http://www.digitaltrends.com/home/nerd-alert-how-to-make-a-star-wars-themed-breakfast-in-honor-of-may-the-fourth/

Only good Star Wars merch is a copy of TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

im going to murder a start wars fan. well i was supposed to be asleep two hours ago godbue

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Pick posted:

In case you needed to FLIP your MEAT with a STAR WARS

My sister bought me a matched set of Star Wars spatulas for my birthday, which I politely requested she take back. I'm 52 years old.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

Been seeing this around lately, because nothing says Star Wars like bbq tongs.

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Bimmi posted:

My sister bought me a matched set of Star Wars spatulas for my birthday, which I politely requested she take back. I'm 52 years old.

go home grandpa

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Pick posted:

Most lovely & Confusing "Star Wars" Products

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I keep reading this thread as "make lovely and confusing Star Wars products." and then getting sad because I want to bust out some zany product ideas.

Like a lightsaber dildo.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
live long and proper

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Applewhite posted:

I keep reading this thread as "make lovely and confusing Star Wars products." and then getting sad because I want to bust out some zany product ideas.

Like a lightsaber dildo.

there's no way this doesn't already exist

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

My Q-Face posted:

This.

The movie isn't out yet, this thing appeared for a moment in the trailer, and people are going nuts over it, I'm baffled. For all you know, this is Janitor Droid 7, rolling around the desert cleaning up banta poo poo.

As our culture moves towards more instant gratification and on demand entertainment, people start attaching themselves to any crumb of media. This is why you'll see fan art for games the day after they are announced with a vague trailer.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

As our culture moves towards more instant gratification and on demand entertainment, people start attaching themselves to any crumb of media. This is why you'll see fan art for games the day after they are announced with a vague trailer.

Overwatch had some sexy babes tho.
My favorite part was how it was obviously cashing in on the success of Big Hero 6.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Applewhite posted:

Like a lightsaber dildo.

that would hurt a lot

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
BlueStory is bookmarking as hard as gently caress right now

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
my favorite starwars toy was the snes empire strikes back game.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pick posted:

Vader and Padme's children include:
-Luke
-Leia
-A stormtrooper
and of course
-A robot

No wonder she died in childbirth in sci-fi times, she had to push a full-sized Artoo through her vag

e: remember the scene in Ep 3 where she shot out a baby and immediately yelled what its name would be, then did it again

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Star Trek's pretty bad too. I know there's a ton of worse stuff, this is just scraping the surface:

Exercise: the final frontier for the true Star Trek fan

Soap: the second most final frontier after exercise

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

is this seriously a Star-Trek-themed coffin :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002