Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I smoked and had colds all the time with terrible caught lasting weeks. Since quitting I almost never get sick maybe a cold once a year lasting a day or two.

As fun and awesome as smoking is it actually kind of sucks and I wish I never had smoked since part of me always craves a cigarette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooper Hero
Sep 11, 2001
The costumed crapper
I smoke crack like a real man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsfnuyyjaB0

gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

But drat does that cig feel good after a few beers

Fuzz Boxer
Apr 28, 2007

sticking with whatever fails
Confounds me when I see anyone under 40 smoking.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

BigBoss posted:

Serious post: how is rolling? My local shop has a rolling machine on sale and I thought about getting it. Is it a pain in the rear end? Are the cigarettes any good?

it works fine but you have to find a source of really good tobacco. most of the tobacco you would just buy off the rack at the smoke shop sux.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
I have a sub ohm e-cig with so much nicotine in it that it should be called an e-cigar, but if I don't smoke at all my sense of small comes back in full force which hurts my olfactory system in the same sort of way that taking sunglasses off on a very bright day can hurt your eyes. So I smoke one captain black little cigar in the morning to keep my sense of smell suppressed to a tolerable level.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcqOgnQyXp4

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I smoked and had colds all the time with terrible caught lasting weeks. Since quitting I almost never get sick maybe a cold once a year lasting a day or two.

As fun and awesome as smoking is it actually kind of sucks and I wish I never had smoked since part of me always craves a cigarette

maybe you're just weak

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i dont but i am frankly loving shocked that i never picked up the habit somehow. eh you win some you lose some i guess

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Cigarettes probably disproportionately affect people of color, I'm just saying that because I'm a racist, I don't actually know, but it sounds right, doesn't it?

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Eddy Bulundees posted:

Confounds me when I see anyone under 40 smoking.

The same study that proved smoking kills also showed that it has negligible effects until you are still smoking at age 35. If you are still smoking after 40, statistically speaking every week that you smoke is a day sooner you die.

Fuzz Boxer
Apr 28, 2007

That's an interesting stat monkey.

I was thinking more about what was it that made them decide to start smoking in the first place. My parents generation (1950's) and before that smoked because everyone else did; maybe it was cool; it was a cheap legal "pick me up"; they likely didn't know the health effects. I'm curious what makes a younger person today start smoking cigarettes, something you get very little out of and with negative effects.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

what about blowing smoke???

Fuzz Boxer
Apr 28, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

what about blowing smoke???

Alright, we'll put that in the +1 for reasons to smoke, for people who can blow smoke rings n poo poo. Why else?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

SMOKING IS BAD FOR YOU!!!!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Eddy Bulundees posted:

Alright, we'll put that in the +1 for reasons to smoke, for people who can blow smoke rings n poo poo. Why else?

Looks cool.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
If I see a 15 year old smoking I automatically assume he's the coolest. Dunno why.

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003

Eddy Bulundees posted:

That's an interesting stat monkey.

I was thinking more about what was it that made them decide to start smoking in the first place. My parents generation (1950's) and before that smoked because everyone else did; maybe it was cool; it was a cheap legal "pick me up"; they likely didn't know the health effects. I'm curious what makes a younger person today start smoking cigarettes, something you get very little out of and with negative effects.

drugs

Fuzz Boxer
Apr 28, 2007

So it's what they do in between when they can do some better drugs? I can buy that.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Eddy Bulundees posted:

It's an awesome way to meet and pick up women to have sexual intercourse with.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Half a pack of cowboy killers a day

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
My parent's think I quit smoking last year. Jokes on them. Its 12 at night in Spain and I'm about to hang half my body out the third story window to get that sweet sweet nicotine in my system without getting smoke inside.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

1 pack of camel filters every 2.5 days right here. I also usually get through almost a pack (including what I bum out) while I'm out socializing at a bar/party/show.

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
Who here hates, with a passion, people who ask you for cigarettes but then have their own double standards and do the same thing.,

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Wizgot posted:

Who here hates, with a passion, people who ask you for cigarettes but then have their own double standards and do the same thing.,

A dude in my crew is like this. We usually have a three musketeers operation when we go out and usually end up bumming cigs off each other if one of us runs out. But when we ask him for one he'll do some passive aggressive poo poo like sigh really loud when he pulls his pack out or he'll just toss the pack at you in a careless way. It's pretty hosed

Postmastergeneral
Jan 11, 2005
Smoking is the poo poo. It smells great, tastes great, and feels good. That's why I would smoke. It makes you look badass.

gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

I relapsed watching Band of Brothers because they smoked in like every scene and looked so heroic and cool.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
i used to smoke camel crush and gently caress me i miss it every once in a while

i don't shame smokers; i know exactly why you're doing that poo poo

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I used to smoke a pack a week. Now I just smoke cigars and pipes about 3 times a month when I'm doing yard work

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
smoking feels good after stuff. after beers, after a meal, after a good poo poo, after you cum, after a boss battle in dark souls, etc

cigarettes can also replace meals so they're a fantasic way to lose weight and look good doing it too

some huge percentage of ppl will never consider loving you because you smoke so always keep that in mind

i was reloading
Aug 15, 2015

by zen death robot

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

i never get colds lol ur weak bro

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Cigarettes made my snot thick and drain constantly down my throat so every day I was choking on snot

RiperSnifler
Aug 19, 2005
Well shit

i was reloading posted:

i smoke camel blues

if you dont smoke gtfo. we know how bad it is for us
But are you also aware of how much of a waste of money it is?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
yellow american spirits, unironically

sometimes nat shermans if i'm celebrating something but they don't have any kind of throat hit so smoking them feels weird

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

lucky strikes w/o the filter

the side bonus is ppl ask you to borrow a cig and you go 'sure but they're unfiltered' and more often than not they go 'oh... nevermind then thanks.'

where can you even buy lucky strikes? i've never seen them in person in any of the smoke shops i've been to

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i was a cool kid that smoked djarum black cloves until they got banned by OBUMMER come and took MAH CIGARETTES FROM ME

sad day

couldnt smoke and smell like a lovely indian convenience store anymore

i stopped and havent smoked since

whelp thats my storey thanks for listening

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

tomstuart posted:

i was a cool kid that smoked djarum black cloves until they got banned by OBUMMER come and took MAH CIGARETTES FROM ME

sad day

couldnt smoke and smell like a lovely indian convenience store anymore

i stopped and havent smoked since

whelp thats my storey thanks for listening

uhhhh lol they sell those at a gas station near me

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

deep impact on vhs posted:

uhhhh lol they sell those at a gas station near me

they are the "cigarillo" ones and not the originals they just werent the same

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

tomstuart posted:

also smoking is a dumb gross habit and i needed to stop anyway so it doesnt really matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

tomstuart posted:

Uh, yeah, dude, they are the exact same ones they used to sell.

• Locked thread