Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
I used to love history as a kid, especially when we started talking about Nazis. In Uni I have this class called Economic History. It's complete and utter bullshit. Had the midterm today. One question. What implication did free trade and protectionism have on capitalism during the Industrial Revolution. Had to write minimum of 4 pages for one loving question. My fingers looked like ground beef afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Comparative Butts

Edit: sorry that was the best class actually, it really made me learn how to think about a booty's hole

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
probably "PE01 bad back. care for your back" or "PE03 smokeless tobacco cessation" my back hurts all the time and i still havent stopped chewing. F-

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Modern Perspectives in Shmorky

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
For a serious answer, vampirism in film. It was a dumb waste of time that I only took to get an easy A.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wizgot posted:

I used to love history as a kid, especially when we started talking about Nazis. In Uni I have this class called Economic History. It's complete and utter bullshit. Had the midterm today. One question. What implication did free trade and protectionism have on capitalism during the Industrial Revolution. Had to write minimum of 4 pages for one loving question. My fingers looked like ground beef afterwards.

For real dawg?

That's a pretty easy softball open ended question you can take whatever way you like as long as you can remember some facts/sources to back up your argument.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I had to take a screenwriting class that was on making an adaptation which isnt bad but the teacher was a notorius femnazi like everyone hated her and I had a friend who was a girl who like got chewed out by the professor because she was dong a noir adaptation of sometrhing and used a femme fatal character and the teacher said it was really bad and how she was holding women back and stuff

idk class was lame but I just wrote like some modernday Frankenstein where Dr. Frankenstein was a strong gay protagonist and she loving ate it up even though it was awful and I got an A

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Film "show up drunk and parachute xanax in class" study

E that was the best class

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

I had to take a screenwriting class that was on making an adaptation which isnt bad but the teacher was a notorius femnazi like everyone hated her and I had a friend who was a girl who like got chewed out by the professor because she was dong a noir adaptation of sometrhing and used a femme fatal character and the teacher said it was really bad and how she was holding women back and stuff

idk class was lame but I just wrote like some modernday Frankenstein where Dr. Frankenstein was a strong gay protagonist and she loving ate it up even though it was awful and I got an A

tailoring your work to the professor; excellent.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
It's such bullshit how like 90% of getting a successful grade is just appealing to what the prof is into.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

all of my college classes thus far have been pretty good. in high school though i took advanced programming and it was pure hell. the teacher wouldn't teach anything and would just basically throw problems at you. supposedly this was supposed to be an intermediate course but everyone in the class but me seemed to program flawlessly while i could barely make a drat CYOA game. somehow i passed with a C and the only thing i learned was not to major in programming.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
like they say: school is for fools

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I also had to take this GE astronomy class which like, the first half of the semester was crazy easy and it seemed like the class was going to be a joke, but then like right after the midterm it got insanely hard and I think i only got a good grade in it cause the professor would start out every class asking extra credit questions and if you got the question right you'd get extra credit on your next test and also the little credit paper was tapped to a funsized candy bar so you got to eat candy too!! (:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
why would anyone go to college unless they were going to be a doctor or a engineer or a professor? seems dumb and gay.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Introduction to humanities and Ethics and values. Hell any class that makes you do busy work writing.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Race and gender.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I had to take 'Ethics for Business Majors.' No, there wasn't a comparative 'Ethics for Chemistry Majors' or 'Ethics for Philosphy Majors,' .etc.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Lol had to take ethics in computing. Where the general theme was don't be a techno villian.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
My fluid dynamics and heat transfer course was for some reason only 2 credits but had the workload of a lab class (4 credits) and lab classes are already unfair for the amount of time you have to spend on them vs credits compared to typical ger stuff. The material was interesting but I was at max credit load every semester so it was a pretty lovely semester.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

StuG Jeebus posted:

I had to take 'Ethics for Business Majors.' No, there wasn't a comparative 'Ethics for Chemistry Majors' or 'Ethics for Philosphy Majors,' .etc.

maybe because business people are the ones who decide what to do with the stuff chemistry majors produce

and philosophy is basically a major IN ethics so...

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
pimping. it wasn't easy

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i got an internship at an experimental polymers lab out of college and i put some glue on a guys fan blades and to this day they are always covered in dust lol

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

StuG Jeebus posted:

It was probably covered in one of their other courses, my chem e department had a 1 credit seminar class you had to take every semester and it was mostly shills from random corporations like 3M or BP, but some chunk of each semester was devoted to ethics case studies. It was actually kind of funny because all the case studies were based on real stuff that people actually did and basically boiled down to 'they were unethical, don't do that'.

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES
I took a psychology course in college a million years ago and it was p bad. The professor would always talk about how she was dating the prince of Namibia so she wasn't used to living poor in our small town and she also said that if a father changes his daughter's diapers when she is a baby that she is more likely to grow up to be promiscuous.

At the end of the semester she told me she misplaced every single assignment I ever turned in and was going to fail me unless I redid every assignment. These were worksheets so it wasn't as easy as printing out a new copy of a paper. She told me to meet her on a certain date/time to turn in the assignments again to her or else I would fail, so I drove several hours to her office and had the papers ready. Turns out she was out of town on vacation. I couldn't get into contact with her ever again. I complained to the administration but lol like they cared.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Edgar posted:

Introduction to humanities and Ethics and values. Hell any class that makes you do busy work writing.
that's nice and easy though

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Supply Chain Management. I forget the name, but it had one of those novels that's just a thinly veiled textbook. On top of that, it was completely useless when it came to my major (Management Information Systems).

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

For real dawg?

That's a pretty easy softball open ended question you can take whatever way you like as long as you can remember some facts/sources to back up your argument.

I didn't say it was hard. It's just tedious and pointless. I don't enjoy it. To be honest, I don't enjoy any of the classes I'm taking in uni except finance. Finance is cool.

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

dad gay. so what posted:

why would anyone go to college unless they were going to be a doctor or a engineer or a professor? seems dumb and gay.

Social obligation? No degree = no good paying job.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you work for someone else

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Wizgot posted:

LOL

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Wizgot posted:

Jokes on us. Degree = no good paying job anyway.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wizgot posted:

you fell right into dgsw's trap

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
archery

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

symbolic posted:

you fell right into dgsw's trap

At least i'm not going to Uni in the US. No student debt FTW.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Nooner posted:

I also had to take this GE astronomy class which like, the first half of the semester was crazy easy and it seemed like the class was going to be a joke, but then like right after the midterm it got insanely hard

I have TA'd and taught this class. I didn't take it, but as a breadth requirement class it's incredibly soul crushing to teach. the students typically care only enough to complain for better grades while putting no effort into learning or even remembering basic algebra from HS.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wizgot posted:

At least i'm not going to Uni in the US. No student debt FTW.
shut up :(

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

remigious posted:

For a serious answer, vampirism in film. It was a dumb waste of time that I only took to get an easy A.

you paid money for this

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Probably some leadership class at John Hopkins where this nut job conservative taught it and spent hrs extolling the virtues of Rudy Giuliani and playing these weird nationalistic videos with flags & eagles and poo poo. This was in 06-07 so the lady was basically campaigning for the guy.

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

Kuato posted:

Probably some leadership class at John Hopkins where this nut job conservative taught it and spent hrs extolling the virtues of Rudy Giuliani and playing these weird nationalistic videos with flags & eagles and poo poo. This was in 06-07 so the lady was basically campaigning for the guy.

Leadership classes are the worst. TO think that you can learn to be a leader by taking a class. no. leaders aren't made. They are born.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
whatever you say General Patton

• Locked thread