Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Get these

They sound very good, have rechargeable batteries, and have great range. I can walk through both levels of my house, in most rooms of my house, and keep a strong signal from the basement.

edit: oh and they are comfortable to wear, even for extended periods of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
audio technica probably has a set thats really good for less than $300, get some a semi-open style and youre set

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i have blu tooth headphones. there pretty cool there is a robot lady voice that says stuff like "connected" and "power off". right now i am listening to audiobook called "Tech World", book 3 in the Undying Mercinary series by BV Larsen.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I heard "beats" headphones are really good and were created by a doctor. That's what I would buy friend.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
OP I just found out my tin cans are Audio Technica ones. I hope you haven't purchased the Beats you were planning to get and went with virtually any of the brands suggested here.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

the wirecutter is a website that answers this question perfectly for you op, it tells you what everything to get, its great

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Logitech audio stuff is super loving good. I got the Logitech UE 6000, quality is real good and price is usually pretty good if you can find them on sale.

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
serious post op:

what kind of music do you enjjoy listening to? that will determine my recommendation

do you enjoy lots of bass? very bright (lots of treble)? somewhat balanced?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

TontoCorazon posted:

Logitech audio stuff is super loving good. I got the Logitech UE 6000, quality is real good and price is usually pretty good if you can find them on sale.

lol

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

tvayisnihyaami posted:

i used to have beats

PLease dont troll

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Jsut get some regualr rear end $20 sony ones. You're probably listening to mp3s or streaming music anyway so who gives a gently caress?

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Don't wear the headphones for the collaborative workspace you have, wear the headphones for the collaborative workspace you aspire to.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

tvayisnihyaami posted:

i used to have beats headphones, while they were pretty good i hated having to replace batteries every now and then
what are some good headphones? i listen to music a lot and would like something nice. i am willing to spend up to $300.

Beyer Dynamic makes real nice ear googles, you need a headphone amp for some of them though.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Wafflz posted:

Beyer Dynamic makes real nice ear googles, you need a headphone amp for some of them though.

I use DT250s at work for general audio stuff. My own personal headphones are the DT770s which I picked up for £100 and they're superb. Beyer poo poo is good poo poo.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Eh? I have beaucoup fish and it doesn't sound anything like it.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Spend less than $100 and just get the headphones that your poo poo was probably mixed on in the first place

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Professional-Diaphragm-Headphone/dp/B000AJIF4E

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sennheiser HD650.....last headphones you will need

Needs a good amp though.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Amorphous Blob posted:

its ten dollars

my point exactly

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Skeleton Ape posted:

Spend less than $100 and just get the headphones that your poo poo was probably mixed on in the first place

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Professional-Diaphragm-Headphone/dp/B000AJIF4E

Nice, but now I wonder what other headphones sound like.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.
dr dre didn't spend 10 years getting his degree in hip hopology for you to buy anything other than beats cans my friend

you know they are good because they are expensive, iconic design, endorsed by celebrities

--

Sent from my iPhone

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
My pc headphones kept self destructing no matter how much money I paid for them. It was really pissing me off. I blew like 1200 bucks in five years on headphones. Then i got a pair of inexpensive midline turtle beach headphones and have been happy ever since.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Zeluth posted:

Nice, but now I wonder what other headphones sound like.

There are lots of better ones but the difference in quality isn't worth hundreds of dollars to most people. To some people it is though, and that's OK :)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i like my samsung earbudz i purchased from a bestbuy machine at the phoenix skyharbor international airport while laid over

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
phoenix is a loving awful place

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Chinatown posted:

arizona is a loving awful place

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
When China lets go, Sony import/export you wonder what you get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gy3PH4Sf6g

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

They make some p. good iced tea, though.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Leroy Dennui posted:

They make some p. good iced tea, though.
drinking a can right now, so you've got that right

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

88h88 posted:

I use DT250s at work for general audio stuff. My own personal headphones are the DT770s which I picked up for £100 and they're superb. Beyer poo poo is good poo poo.

I have the 770 250 ohm, they sound amazing but they require an amp so they aren't portable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvDh1zHLAjU

• Locked thread