Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax
when we were younger everyone I knew was across the board progressive. Nowadays we'll be drinking some beers on the porch and someone will toss out some casual racism, or ill be over at a friends house and they'll show me some "pretty interesting website" that turns out to be a holocaust denial conspiracy page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

when we were younger everyone I knew was across the board progressive. Nowadays we'll be drinking some beers on the porch and someone will toss out some casual racism, or ill be over at a friends house and they'll show me some "pretty interesting website" that turns out to be a holocaust denial conspiracy page

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks "eti"

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
pretty normal man. kind of like how all new music sucks

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

mdm posted:

gently caress it, have an upvote

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

when we were younger everyone I knew was across the board progresso. Nowadays we'll be drinking some beers on the porch and someone will toss out some campbell racism, or ill be over at a friends house and they'll show me some "pretty interesting website" that turns out to be a health valley denial conspiracy page

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gameFAQsspinoffETI posted:

Welcome to getting older, where everyone starts leaning more conservative unless they're complete idiots.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
casual racism is awful.

a gentleman is formally racist.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Almost everybody on my Facebook friends list from back home has lapsed into some conservatism at some point or other, and as time goes on I slowly block feeds and unfriend the worst of the bunch.

Weirdest was when the overly-religious-yet-a-good-person friend inadvertently introduced me to the Jade Helm theories, and I was like "why on earth is Obama going after the Texas Walmarts". It's a shame when somebody you're pretty good friends with is suddenly convinced the Gaypocalypse is gonna happen :(

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
people fall into conservatism because there really isn't much of an alternative in American politics. you can either be a regular conservative (Republican) or conservative and less openly racist and homophobic (Democrat). nobody is marketing any other ideology to Americans

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
I have a coworker who thinks society is going down the drain. I humor him to draw more out for entertainment purposes. no casual racism just outdated views and rose tinted glasses. it's nice having him around.

my extended family on my father's side is a whole other story with the poo poo that comes out of their mouths holey poo poo :monocle:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

PCOS Bill posted:

Welcome to getting older, where everyone starts leaning more conservative unless they're complete idiots.

this isn't remotely true open your mind!!

----------------

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

Welcome to getting older, where everyone starts leaning more conservative becoming complete idiots.
fixed

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i've been noticing that the older i get, the more people i know seem to be conservative. they might have been conservative before but now they're open about it. it's kind of weird.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Kids are hilarious.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

the smoke stacks weren't large or tall enough to burn that manyt people

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

I'm in my very early 20's and I already have a bunch of friends who are pretty sure the jews have something to do with everything

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they realize that blaming everything on the establishment doesn't make them feel as good as blaming everything on kids and "welfare queens"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
it's called growing up op :smuggo:

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
It's easier to follow groups then to think. Life is loving hard, most people start to care less about changing the world and more about making their life better the older they get. After not thinking about politics for a long time, it's hard to know what is insane and what isn't. Christ, trump and sanders could be the candidates next year, if you said that a year ago you'd be just as crazy as the rest.

Thankfully SA is fully of pessimistic, broken shut in nerds who poo poo on everything forever, so rest assured OP, you will die alone friendless.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
:smug::smuggo::smug::smuggo::smug::smuggo::smug::smuggo::smug::smuggo:

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
uh, no. first of all, i dont pay attention to such trivialities, and second, i dont have any friends

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

Enfield posted:

uh, no. first of all, i dont pay attention to such trivialities, and second, i dont have any friends

you have a friend in me

----------------

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I was just havin a beer with Hitler and he started saying the most atrocious things.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

brizna posted:

you have a friend in me

geez the guy has no friends stop talking about your sexual conquests

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Yes, it's called GBS

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

mdm posted:

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I find, that in contrast to my friends and coworkers, that the older I get the more liberal I get. they are all starting to go on about how those thugs are bringing down property values, and I am biting my lip when they go on about how universal healthcare would be awful, because I don't feel like debating all these assholes.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

PCOS Bill posted:

Kids are hilarious.
Really got that lonely crotchety old man thing going. Did you add your nephews on facebook yet?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

a friend once told a black guy from nigeria that the word "friend of the family" isn't a big deal at all, and that he really should not be offended at it"

nowadays he doesn't drink that much anymore, and doesn't say stuff like that anymore, so he actually got less right wing

so not really op

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I know a few people who don't think the N word is bad to say, of course that is only around other whiteys

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Dregs posted:

I find, that in contrast to my friends and coworkers, that the older I get the more liberal I get. they are all starting to go on about how those thugs are bringing down property values, and I am biting my lip when they go on about how universal healthcare would be awful, because I don't feel like debating all these assholes.

You'll grow up one day

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
i don't discuss such lame poo poo as politics with my friends, so how would i know, if i don't even give a care?

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
No actually my group of friends became/still becomes ever more liberal because they actually pay attention and see the republicans as fringe radicals and democrats as the moderate conservatives they are

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
the jews absolutely did 9/11

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I don't have any friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

The Bible posted:

I don't have any friends.

you have a friend in me

----------------

• Locked thread