Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

he should teach kids to flip burgs for when we live in the ronaldverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

social vegan posted:

he should teach kids to flip burgs for when we live in the ronaldverse

Pretty sure McDonald's is on the cusp of bankruptcy right now.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Larry Parrish posted:

I can't tell the difference between rice out of a fancy cooker and one out of a sauce pan with a cheap lovely plate as a lid. Get a cheap rice cooker because it's easier than boiling/steaming by hand and call it a day.

Sorry I can't take advice seriously unless it comes from a skinny nerd in a fruit suit.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Pretty sure McDonald's is on the cusp of bankruptcy right now.

Sorry the ronaldverse is what I call heaven

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
bridget or julia

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Haverchuck posted:

bridget or julia

not even close, man

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Haverchuck posted:

bridget or julia

wtf like that's even a choice

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
It's a better show than the BBQU show because Steven Raichlen had those fuckin transitions lenses. I hate those goddamn glasses.

Also the other BBQ show with Franklin based out of Austin loving sucks too. gently caress that guy.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
rick bayless gives me the willies

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

BigBoss posted:

It's a better show than the BBQU show because Steven Raichlen had those fuckin transitions lenses. I hate those goddamn glasses.

Also the other BBQ show with Franklin based out of Austin loving sucks too. gently caress that guy.

Which one is the BBQ show where in every show he cooks one thing on a different 1900 dollar grill

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

social vegan posted:

Sorry the ronaldverse is what I call heaven

Hey... it could happen

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Haverchuck posted:

Rick bayless is that one dude you knew in college, except he never stopped being that dude and he's like 60 now.

Skip is way cooler imho.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Haverchuck posted:

he's definitely banging his daughter

Sheep-Goats posted:

Which one is the BBQ show where in every show he cooks one thing on a different 1900 dollar grill

steve raichlen

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Haverchuck posted:

bridget or julia

nigella.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

comes along bort posted:

he's definitely banging his daughter

steve raichlen

Hate that fucker

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Haverchuck posted:

bridget or julia

tasting expert jack bishop

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

comes along bort posted:

tasting expert jack bishop

Imagine him kissing NBA analyst, Hubie Brown on the lips.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

BigBoss posted:

Imagine him kissing NBA analyst, Hubie Brown on the lips.

ummmmmm how exactly did you get access to my private fanfiction????

Ivan Yurkinov
Jan 13, 2010

Sheep-Goats posted:

Hate that fucker

Dude has no soul.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ivan Yurkinov posted:

Dude has no soul.

I'd really love it a lot if a disgusting lizard man caved his loving head in with an ash pole and then pissed into his dead rolled back eyes

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

dad gay. so what posted:

im just gonna wade in here for a sec... hmph hmphm ugh just having some shortness of breath... ah sorry. hmmmpppppppphhh mkay. hold up. heh . sorry. ummmh

"Let me tell you some poo poo about Vermont or wherever the gently caress"

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

NOOOOO!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/17/business/media/christopher-kimball-founder-of-americas-test-kitchen-to-leave-the-company.html?emc=eta1

quote:

Christopher Kimball, Founder of America’s Test Kitchen, to Leave the Company

Christopher Kimball, the face of the public television show “America’s Test Kitchen” and of the magazine Cook’s Illustrated, is leaving the company he helped found after a contract dispute.

Boston Common Press, the parent company of America’s Test Kitchen, announced the decision on Monday in a statement on its website. “Christopher Kimball’s employment with America’s Test Kitchen is ending,” the company said.

Mr. Kimball will leave immediately, though he will host the 2016 seasons of “America’s Test Kitchen” and “Cook’s Country,” another popular show that the company produces. He will also remain a minority owner of the company, though he will have no operational role, according to an email sent to employees.

“We made every effort to offer Chris a reasonable contract that reflected his significant contributions to the company and are disappointed that we could not reach agreement,” David Nussbaum, the chief executive of Boston Common Press, said in the statement. “We know this change will be a surprise to many, but we are confident that the ensemble cast, 50 test cooks, and support team for America’s Test Kitchen will continue to offer our audiences the same high-quality product going forward.”

Mr. Kimball, 64, whose signature bow tie, round spectacles and parted hair belied his status as one of America’s most influential home cooks, founded the company with the idea that everybody should understand how to cook. The company, which began with the first issue of Cook’s Illustrated magazine in the early 1990s, started the “America’s Test Kitchen” show in 2001 and eventually became a cooking empire that included Cook’s Country magazine and a television show of the same name, three websites and an online cooking school. Mr. Kimball declined to comment.

Cook’s Illustrated and Cook’s Country both come out six times a year and contain no advertising. The company’s said that Cook’s Illustrated has 900,000 paid subscribers and Cook’s Country has 300,000.

The move by Boston Common Press follows an earlier management shake-up at America’s Test Kitchen. In September, the company, based in Brookline, Mass., just outside Boston, brought on Mr. Nussbaum as its first chief executive ever. At the time, a company spokeswoman told Boston Magazine that Mr. Kimball would remain at the company and that his role at would not change.

Karl L
Nov 9, 2015

I spent money on an image and a few lines of text.
PBS has some of the best shows. Nova is a good example.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I loving love Christopher Kimball. I prefer Cook's Country, but America's Test Kitchen is awesome too.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

thank godddddd

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well, so much for not selling out.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

He was saying something like, "Give me your e-mail addresses, and I will tell you if I get something off the ground." paraphrased over a year ago.

I like recipes a normal person can do and taste the better.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I will admit that I bought The Food Lab book, which is the same kind of idea as America's Test Kitchen, and it is loving fantastic. Sorry for cheating on you Christopher.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

I will admit that I bought The Food Lab book, which is the same kind of idea as America's Test Kitchen, and it is loving fantastic. Sorry for cheating on you Christopher.

He's used to it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i tried all of these hot chocolates and they're all poo poo, egghead

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

all the recipes ive made from this show are p. good.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
America's Testicle Kitchen

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Chris kimbell ate my balls

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Mange Mite posted:

Chris kimbell ate my balls

He would find the perfect method of preparing your balls, perhaps sauteeing them in garlic oil?

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Chris Kimball is the loving man but I want to steal his lunch money and give his bowtie wearing rear end a swirlie, dude is a straight up apex dork

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I learned a lot of cool stuff from that show plus Julia is cute as a button.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bastard Tetris posted:

Chris Kimball is the loving man but I want to steal his lunch money and give his bowtie wearing rear end a swirlie, dude is a straight up apex dork

He only has women cook on his show because any mancooks can't resist slapping anything he's holding out of his hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I don't like the episodes where they go "Hey let's make croissants at home, an enterprise that's such a huge pain in the rear end and with such wildly inconsistent and only marginally better results than just buying them that even most Parisian bakeries can't be assed to do it any more, but at the end of the episode we will say 'But it's so worth it' even though it isn't to justify this bad episode."

• Locked thread