Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The Animal
29/69 HP; 15 AC (14 Touch, 11 Flat-footed) Fort +8/Ref +10/Will +3
Lowlight Vision; Scent; Fast Healing 2

The lizardfolk rip into the Animal, yet he remains standing, his wounds slowly knitting close, some of them at least. He takes a chunk out of one of the remaining lizardfolk before lifting further into the air, hopefully out of reach of his attackers.

Fast Heal 2 hp back up to 29.
Bite vs H-10 lizardfolk 1d20+12 19 for 1d6+6 10 piercing damage.

Then 5' step up into the air, hopefully out of the lizardfolk's reach.

pre:
Aerial (small)
29/69 HP; 18 AC (14 Touch, 14 Flat-footed) Fort +8/Ref +10/Will +3)
Bite +12 vs. AC 1d6+6 piercing damage 
Speed 30, 40' Flight (Perfect)
Lowlight Vision
Scent
Fast Healing 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Khaemwaset glances between The Animal and Val repeatedly, marching forward and grumbling.

"All of you trying to get yourself killed at the same time? I am terrible at eulogies. Stop this at once."

Move to L-10, Swift Divine Recovery(Ranged) for 15hp on Val

"Thankfully, our enemies will not require the services of a priest after Killer is finished with them." Khaem smirks and stifles a sniffle as he tosses a fistful of scales into the air.

Casting Snake's Swiftness(Mass), everyone take a swing! :toot:

Cuchulain fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 12, 2016

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The Animal
29/69 HP; 15 AC (14 Touch, 11 Flat-footed) Fort +8/Ref +10/Will +3

As the snake scales scatter on the wind the Animal feels speed surge through him and he rips into the lizardfolk again.

Bite vs H-10 lizardfolk (snake's swiftness) 1d20+12 28 for 1d6+6 11 piercing damage.

EDIT: Just remembered I moved 5' up in the air to hopefully be out of reach of the lizardfolk, so I may not have been able to take that extra attack.

pre:
Aerial (small)
29/69 HP; 18 AC (14 Touch, 14 Flat-footed) Fort +8/Ref +10/Will +3)
Lowlight Vision
Scent
Fast Healing 2

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 12, 2016

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Roarke

Even as the spell refreshes her, Roarke knows it'll do little good. She's already off balance and just waiting for a new hit to come in and bite deep.

Snake's Swiftness attack: 1d20+11 16. On the off chance that a 16 hits, Damage: 2d6+5 15

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Deputy Klem

Klem and Killer join in on the magic-fueled carnage.

-Killer attack: 25 to hit, 8 damage vs ankheg
-Klem attack: 27 to hit, 9 damage vs whatever is hurt most but not dead within reach

pre:
Klem HP: 50/54, AC: 21 (Touch: 12, FF: 19), Fort +8, Ref +7, Wil +10
Ride +13 Listen +4 Spot +2
Spells Memorized: Divine Favor, Endure Elements

CURRENT MODIFIERS AND CONDITIONALS
  • 3 available AoOs at +11 to hit 1d6+6 damage
  • Enemies within 10 feet take -2 on all saving throws
  • Opponent starting turn in my threatened area treats all squares I threaten as difficult terrain
  • +6 DC to Tumble checks to Tumble through my threatened area
  • I'll almost certainly use Shield Ally as an Immediate Action to have the option to take half the damage from each physical attack against Val. If things change significantly before that happens, I may revise this.
pre:
Killer HP: 32/32, AC: 24 (Touch: 13 FF: 21), Fort +8, Ref +6, Wil +6
Spot/Listen +16
AoO: Talons +7 melee (1d8+4)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Val struggles to escape the powerful jaws of the ankheg, but to no avail. Khaem's healing helps, however, and the problem is solved when Killer appears behind the ankheg and tears into it, tearing out large chunks of flesh and organs. Klem's lance takes a lizardfolk in the back of the neck, killing it, while Cal lands a few blows of her own on another lizardfolk and the Animal gets some revenge of his own on yet another. The remaining pair of lizardfolk on the left attack Roarke from both sides, and she is unable to avoid being struck. Meanwhile, the lizardfolk on the right side have seen the way the battle appears to be going, and have decided that discretion is the better part of valor, retreating back into the pit from whence they emerged.

Val fails to escape the grapple, Oruz misses. Klem summons Killer, who hits the ankheg 3 times for 18 damage. Khaem heals Val for 15 and casts Mass Snake's Swiftness, giving everyone but the Animal and Oruz an attack (the AoE is too small to get them). Roarke misses, Killer drops the ankheg, Klem drops the N5 lizardfolk, Cal misses, Val has nobody to attack within reach (since her bow isn't yet drawn). Cal hits the M5 lizardfolk twice for 15. Roarke whiffs (after 5' stepping into position to be able to attack). The Animal hits H10 lizardfolk for 10 damage and moves up out of reach (signified by shrunken token). The lizardfolk on the left move to flank Roarke, and hit twice for 31 damage. The lizardfolk on the right enter the ambush pit, and can no longer be seen from outside.

Init:
Cal 25
Roarke 24
The Animal 20
Lizardfolk 20
Val 14 - we are here
Klem 14
Khaem 2

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Deputy Klem

With his immediate area clear, Klem clambers a bit awkwardly from the bench to Killer's back. He takes up his shield from where it is hooked on the saddle and urges her into the pit after the retreating lizardfolk. "Cal, Roarke, finish them off then follow me while the priest takes care of the casualties! And bring some lights!" he concludes, already somewhat muffled.

-Klem free: Attempt fast mount. -5 ACP. 12 fails.
-Klem move: Mount
-Klem move as standard: Ready shield
-Killer move: Into pit
-Killer standard: Depends on what's in the pit.

pre:
Klem HP: 50/54, AC: 24 (Touch: 12, FF: 22), Fort +8, Ref +7, Wil +10

• Opponent starting turn in my threatened area treats all squares I threaten as difficult terrain
  • Use Killer as cover vs. ranged. DC 15 check with Ride +13.
  • Use Mounted Combat to attempt to negate first successful hit on Killer. d20+13 is treated as AC for hit
pre:
Spot/Listen +16, Jump +16, Walk 40 ft

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Khaemwaset continues marching towards the Animal, muttering about carelessness in battle when he hears Roarke cry out. He wheels around without pausing, firing a wave of healing energy over his shoulder at the Animal as changes direction.

"At least have the decency to all get yourselves maimed closer to each other! You'll have me dizzy from spinning about."

He trudges up to the melee taking place along the cart, stepping over the slaughtered horses and cursing.

"And now I have Horse blood on my only travelling cloak." He moans, wagging an accusatory finger at the Lizardman.

"I'm blaming you for this." he scolds at the hissing creature, before laying a hand on Roarke's shoulder, suffusing her with Anhur's healing.

Divine Recovery(Ranged) for 15hp on The Animal, Move to M-6, Divine Recovery(Touch) for 30 on Roarke

Cuchulain fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 29, 2016

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Val
HP 30/50, AC 20

"Ow. Ow. Ow. rear end. Just... let... g-oh. Wow. Thanks... undead... dinosaur... thing. And thanks little halfling man. The heck did that even come from..."
Val stumbles off the cart, circling around to get a shot off on the lizardfolks.

Move to Q7, full attack on O5, 13 for 15, 24 for 12, 12 for 14.

She somehow manages to twist her ankle during the setup, the first shot going wide. poo poo. loving ant things, gnawing up her leg. She likes that leg. It's a nice leg.

Oruz, meanwhile, screeches, then dives into the pit, flapping its wings and generally being a hassle.

Oruz will try to flank, depending on where Klem ends up.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Val moves out of the cart, and despite her stumbling manages to plant an arrow in the back of a lizardfolk, while Khaemwaset heals his allies and moves to a position to assist. Klem mounts Killer and moves into the tunnel. It is dimly light by luminescent fungus, but Klem can see that it angles downward for some distance before plunging into water.

Zachol, tell me where you want Oruz placed - it has the movement to get pretty much anywhere up to the water, but moving any lizardfolk it moves past will provoke an AoO since the tunnel isn't tall enough to fly out of their reach. Alternatively, Oruz could attack one of them, since they're all in range of a single move. Val hits O5 once for 12. Khaem drops heals. Klem mounts up and moves. Killer still has a standard action left to do something with.

Init:
Cal 25 - we are here
Roarke 24
The Animal 20
Lizardfolk 20
Val 14
Klem 14 - has a standard action left for Killer
Khaem 2 Already acted

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Oruz falters, confused and suddenly wary of the multiple lizardfolk and the tight space. Its wings brush some dangling roots and dirt clods and it screeches, mildly panicked.

There's not any good positioning, so have Oruz stop at J14, 5' above the floor if possible (if allies can move past freely), or I14 if not.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Deputy Klem

A garbled shout that sounds like it ends in "shark" echoes up from the pit. Klem forces Killer past the first lizardman, hoping to prevent all from escaping to warn their home.

-Killer standard: Move to J19.
pre:
Klem HP: 50/54, AC: 24 (Touch: 12, FF: 22), Fort +8, Ref +7, Wil +10

• Use Mounted Combat to attempt to negate first successful hit on Killer. d20+13 is treated as AC for hit
pre:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Crimson Calliope

"Guess not." Not that Cal minds, this is exactly the type of situation she was looking forward to. A shame she didn't get a chance to take on any of the ankhegs, they seemed fun.

"Hey, you guys need any help over there?"

Full attack. If I drop the M5 one, use Mobile Fighter to move to N6 and attack the O5 lizard with the remaining attacks. If that's enough to drop that one, too, then I'll spend the rest of the movement to get as close to the hole as possible. If not, I'll just hang out where I am.

Full Attack Again!: 1d20+11 21 1d6+4 6 1d20+11 14 1d3+3 4 1d20+6 19 1d6+4 6...

Again, not including flank bonuses: 21 for 6 pierce, 14 for 4 bludgeon, 19 for 6 pierce, and 22 for 4 bludgeon.

code:
HP: 50/50, AC: 25 (Touch: 16, FF: 20), Fort +7, Ref +11, Wil +7
Spot/Listen: +10

CURRENT MODIFIERS

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
As Klem and Killer rush down the tunnel, the near-dead lizardfolk lashes out wildly, striking Klem as he moves by. The motion causes the lizardfolk's wounds to tear open further, and it collapses from blood loss. Up on the surface, Cal quickly takes care of the two remaining lizardfolk near her.

Klem takes 11 damage on an AoO, and the lizardfolk making it drops due to taking a standard action while disabled. Cal's first attack drops one lizardfolk, and her last two drop the other one.

Init:
Cal 25
Roarke 24 - we are here
The Animal 20
Lizardfolk 20
Val 14
Klem 14
Khaem 2

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The Animal
31/69 HP; 15 AC (14 Touch, 11 Flat-footed) Fort +8/Ref +10/Will +3

The Animal flies back down and toward the nearest lizardfolk before trying to rip it apart.

Fast Heal 2 to 31
Fly to H-19
Bite vs I-20 lizardfolk 1d20+12 23 for 1d6+6 10 piercing damage.

pre:
Aerial (small)
31/69 HP; 18 AC (14 Touch, 14 Flat-footed) Fort +8/Ref +10/Will +3)
Lowlight Vision
Scent
Fast Healing 2

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Roarke

"Thanks, gents."

Thankfully none of the lizards did any damage to Roarke while she flailed about like a loon. But maybe she can help polish off any stragglers. She darts up to the hole everyone else seems to be interested in and lobs a blade at the nearest lizard she can see.

Moving to J11 and throwing a Ki'ed up greatsword. Thrown mind blade: 1d20+5 15

pre:
HP: 51/51, AC: 20 (Touch: 19, FF: 15), Fort +8, Ref +10 Wil +11
Spot/Listen/Hide/Move Silent +13

CURRENT MODIFIERS
None

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
The Animal dives into the tunnel and bites the lizardfolk's arm, while Roarke moves to the tunnel entrance and launches a ki blade that misses, hitting only the wall. The lizardfolk continue to flee down the tunnel, one of them reaching the water.

The Animal hits for 10, Roarke misses.

Init:
Cal 25
Roarke 24
The Animal 20
Lizardfolk 20
Val 14 - we are here
Klem 14
Khaem 2

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Khaemwaset wipes Lizardman blood off his chest with the hem of his already stained cloak.

"There, now if we can all sit still for a moment while I tend to everyone's wounds-" he glances up, cutting himself off when he only sees Roarke in front of him, before she gives a brief thanks and dashes off.

He grits his teeth and takes off in a dead sprint, waving his Falchion around and screaming, half in prayer to his god and half in annoyance.

Running as far down the tunnel as I can without entering a threatened square, staying on The Animal's side so Klem can make a charge attempt if he likes.

Cuchulain fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jan 14, 2016

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Crimson Calliope

"Oh, no you fuckin' don't!" Cal half-leaped, half-fell down the hole as she realized what was happening. Her targets were getting away! Like hell was she just letting that happen. Her bow had been discarded somewhere behind her, but thankfully, she had just the thing.

"Yo, Animal! Duck!"

Moving to I13. I'll take whatever Jump/Tumble checks are necessary to keep that from taking up more than the normal amount of movement. While I'm moving, I'll switch weapons (if I have to) to my Bag of Boulders, and use all three charges to take a shot at the lizard. I'm definitely getting a -2 for a range increment, and possibly a -4 for shooting over Animal? If so, would him dropping prone as a free action prevent that? (Assuming he's willing to.)

Anyways, here's the attack roll with just the -2 for the range.

Hail Mary (Bigass Boulder): 1d20+11 17 4d6+4 16
So, if its AC is higher than 17, it doesn't matter what Animal does or if this counts as shooting into melee.

code:
Speed: 30 ft.

CURRENT MODIFIERS

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Deputy Klem

"Oh good, wolf man, you're here. We'll clear out the closer one so you can go swimming after the other one!"

Instructions passed, Klem gives Killer her head and the pair race down the tunnel in search of more warm lizard meat. The dim light gives the halfling some trouble, but the keen-nosed clawfoot has no trouble, lashing a talon into the lizardman's leg.

-Killer full: Charge to J30. 28 to hit (fail to confirm), 11 damage
-Klem full: Charge to J30. 17 to hit, 12 damage

pre:
Klem HP: 39/54, AC: 24 (Touch: 12, FF: 22), Fort +8, Ref +7, Wil +10

• -2 AC until next round due to charge for Klem and Killer (not included)
pre:

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Going to bed now so no full update, but the I31 lizardfolk is down.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The Animal
33/69 HP; 15 AC (14 Touch, 11 Flat-footed) Fort +8/Ref +10/Will +3

The Animal quickly flies down the tunnel, past where the now down lizardfolk remains, and toward the water.

Fast Heal 2 to 33 HP
Run while flying to I-35

pre:
Aerial (small)
33/69 HP; 18 AC (14 Touch, 14 Flat-footed) Fort +8/Ref +10/Will +3)
Lowlight Vision
Scent
Fast Healing 2

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Roarke

Exhausted by her random flailing, Roake just decides that it's not worth it.

"Let it go. Maybe it'll tell the rest of them it's not worth it to keep hitting the caravans."

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Val

"Hup hup hup hup hup..."

Val jogs towards the hole, jumping down, wincing as she lands on her bad leg, but doesn't really have time to shoot at the lizard thing.
She continues chasing, half-heartedly, but, well...

"Eh, whatever."

Oruz screeches, flapping around in the cave towards the water.

Val double move to J18, Oruz double move to I34.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Khaemwaset jogs down the tunnel, seeing the escaping Lizardman far in the distance. He realizes he's not catching up.

Casting Bless Weapon in case reinforcements show up soon, otherwise just saving my last heal for the day.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Crimson Calliope

"Aw, drat, he got away, didn't he?" Cal spits on the path the lizards retreated on. Chasing them underwater would either kill her or leader her into an ambush (which would then kill her), but she has to admit, she's still tempted. "Still, we got most of them."

Gonna make sure to go get my bow before we leave.

code:

CURRENT MODIFIERS

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
The adventurers enter the tunnel, as the lizardfolk disappears into the water-filled section of tunnel.

Bouquet or Ryuujin do either of you want to dive into the water, or let it go?

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Deputy Klem

"Death to the despoilers of commerce!" howls the Deputy. He rides to the edge of the water and dismounts, urging Killer to continue on. "Help the wolf man hunt it down, girl!"

-Killer move: To J38
-Klem move: dismount
-Killer move as standard: Move to J40, 30' move left. 20 on Swim check, swims 7.5'.

pre:
Spot/Listen +16, Jump +16, Swim +2, Walk 40 ft

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The Animal
35/69 HP; 15 AC (14 Touch, 11 Flat-footed) Fort +8/Ref +10/Will +3

The Animal continues flying after the lizardfolk, before diving toward the water and transforming into something much like a shark. Streamlined and deadly. It then swims after the lizardfolk and bites it.

Fast Heal 2 to 35 HP
Fly over water, Swift action transform into a shark as I dive toward the water, then swim to chase down the lizardfolk.
If I can actually do all that.

Bite vs lizardfolk 1d20+13 30 for 1d8+7 15 piercing damage.

pre:
Aerial (small)
35/69 HP; 18 AC (14 Touch, 14 Flat-footed) Fort +8/Ref +10/Will +3)
Lowlight Vision
Scent
Fast Healing 2

pre:
Oceanic Hunter (medium)
35/69 HP; 22 AC (14 Touch, 18 Flat-footed) Fort +8/Ref +10/Will +3)
Bite +13 vs. AC 1d8+7 piercing damage 
Speed 30?, 50' Swim
Lowlight Vision
Scent
Fast Healing 2
Breathe Underwater

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Despite the lizardfolk's swimming ability, it is no match for The Animal, who dives into the water and quickly tears it apart.

Fight over! No escapees!

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Val

"Well that sucked. For me at least. Thanks again, Deputy Klem."
Val walks over to the cart and horse corpses.
"Also, wow, this is going to be a hassle. Can we just leave this here? Or leave the lizardfolk so the other ones take the hint?"

Oruz screeches a bit, flaps itself out of that horrible cave, and perches in a tree.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Crimson Calliope

With her bow on her back again, and her sword stowed, Calliope takes a moment to look at everything that happened. Blood everywhere, the horses are dead, and the ambush is over.

"Well, that was fun. But Kord, I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse."

There's a moment of awkward silence.

"What? We gotta eat something, right?"

code:

CURRENT MODIFIERS

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Deputy Klem

When the team has all reassembled and their wounds have been treated, Klem speaks up.

"All right everyone, not too bad. Let's maybe try to do a little better at staying close enough together to support each other, but we accomplished the important goal of leaving no survivors who might warn their friends back home we're coming. Now the next step, of course, is to find that home base and wipe them out. If the wolf man can find where those water tunnels lead, maybe Killer or the tree elf can pick up their trail." He pats the vicious clawfoot on her head affectionately.

"The worry is that none of us can accompany the wolf man in case the tunnels are trapped or defended. Can your sun god help us breath underwater, priest? Yeahh, that's what I thought." He answers before Khaem can reply. "What we really need is a wizard," he mutters.

"Any other ideas?"

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Roarke

"Not bad? I killed a bug and then couldn't even lay a hand on any of the reptiles! You think I really want to go up against a whole tribe of them?"

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Deputy Klem

"Ah, but Bork, this time two major advantages will be switched from them to us. One, we'll have the element of surprise, if we do our job well. And two, we'll have Killer with us right from the start."

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Val

"Killer, huh?"
Val crouches, holding a hand out to the undead dinosaur thing.
"Who's a good little abomination of nature? You are! Yes you are!"

She stands, frowning at the horses.
"Man, that one's leg came clean off. Glad I just got mauled. Anyway, I can't digest meat, but if that's how you want to handle it, sure. We can stick the offal and skeleton off in the woods, let the foxes have it."
She raised an eyebrow at Klem.
"Unless you'd have a use for them? Rustle up some zombie horses, drag the cart off somewhere?"

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Khaemwaset straightens up, clearing his throat.

"The first thing we will do is heal our wounds. Injured in a single file, those with regenerative powers last." he adds the last bit while raising a brow at The Animal.

Using Divine Recovery(Ritual) for 50hp. First come first serve. This is the last healing for the day, so we might want to rest before tracking the Lizards down. Or try to set an ambush.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Crimson Calliope

"Did we ever buy a wand? I thought we were gonna buy a wand."

Cal shrugs, very smugly staying out of the line.

"The rest of them might get a little suspicious when their buddies wash up on shore. We should go pay 'em a visit before they catch on to what happened. Klem can make the scary words, I can flex a few times, it'll be great."

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Deputy Klem

"How are their buddies going to wash up on shore? No bodies escaped here. We just need to find their filthy hovels, the sun priest can dry the village out, and the tree elf can fill it full of flaming arrows. Shouldn't be too much work after that."

-Klem takes 15 of the 50 hp
-Zachol, the bone knight build got discarded. No undead anything anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Val

"Flaming arrows? Hmm. Sounds risky, but I could give it a shot. Kind of a lovely forest around here anyway..."

Welp! Sorry. Ignore all that, then.

• Locked thread