Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

OwlFancier posted:

That really does look pretty drat good so far, worried about it being a bit choppy, looks possibly a little rushed in the optimization and notices a few clipping issues with units, but it does look very homeworldy.

Doesn't account for the clipping but they mention at one point they're just playing on the dev's laptop, which probably goes a bit towards the choppiness and fidelity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Breach in starboard fusion oven

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

No way to tell units which way to face when giving a move order, especially bad in a game about precise analog terrain blocking. No visual "select my base" button (which has been in everything since at least CoH) or other auto-pinning functionality. No retreat gameplay ala HW2, CoH or DoW. Extremely close in view too - the game could do with at least 50% more zoom-out at the least.

From what I can tell, in order, facing doesn't matter when the turrets are all on top of the craft, I never actaully pressed that button (I always map my command ships to group 10, I don't know why), no retreat sucks a lot, the view is out enough I can't tell what my ships even are, turn NLIPS off.

quote:

Ludicrous time to kill on most units, but especially the homebase - it goes down ridiculously quickly in skirmish.

Two heavy railguns almost blew up the Kapisi in the campaign. It's really fragile.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Facing for individual units isn't the issue - the problem is that it's a game about precise placement of units infront of, on top of and behind dune crests and that's ridiculously fiddly when you can't tell your formations facing.

Oh, I thought you were talking about shots getting blocked by the terrain. I'm not sure how much it matters to get that just right either though except for certain units, most of them orbit around and jump in and out of it. I guess we'll see; I haven't touched multi yet, was going to tonight.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

By the way set voice options to ultra, the units are chatty and hold little conversations.

DatonKallandor posted:

Also no giving orders while paused? What the gently caress?

What's the pause button that's not just F10? I want to take screenshots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fish Fry Andy posted:

There's more to it than that build order. You probably just didn't realized because the AI is incapable of using all of the units it builds.

I think he means that's all the Coalition ever did to him.

• Locked thread