Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Z the IVth posted:

Have they confirmed if the shooting is simulated or just dice rolling to-hits?

The artillery, at the very least, seems to be simulated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Yeah if you're buying this game to comp stomp the CPU you're going to be disappointed. I'm doing a CPU vs CPU game right now and it's incredible how broken the AI is. I don't think that they can kill each other.

Gaalsien cruisers all appear to be bugged, too. Their CIWS looking weapons don't fire, which makes them a bit poo poo.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

DatonKallandor posted:

Also generally the Gaalsien AI seemed by the far the worse of the two. Coalition AI at least made me lose 2 matches until I figured out their build path. It's LAV->Railgun->Fighters->poo poo-your-pants-and-go-to-1 Both AIs were completely unable to deal with turrets behind an elevation.

There's more to it than that build order. You probably just didn't realized because the AI is incapable of using all of the units it builds.

• Locked thread