Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ElGroucho posted:

I, too, like to dig too deeply in to throw away pop consumption garbage

I didn't have to dig that deep, dawg. And yes, it's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

How many times this season will Tom Keen be shot/tortured/get a nazi tattoo?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Bacontotem posted:

At what point do you start to say to yourself, "You know what, I think I might just be a full time Nazi with vacation periods of non-Nazi activities"

I would say at Nazi tattoo # 4

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
James Spaders peak hotness was Secretary

everyone should watch Secretary

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
All I'm saying is that Millenials would actually be improved by a moderate dose of fascism

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Maoist Pussy posted:

All I'm saying is that Millenials would actually be improved by a moderate dose of fascism

Have you heard of...

The Dark Enlightenment??!?

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

tracy ellis ross look like a middle aged jewish woman who put on too much bronzer

but she got the most redonkulous booty

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I watched one episode with no sound (was in a restaurant) and it had him opposite Ron Perlman. Watching James Spader pretend to be a tough guy instead of a paper pushing dad was funny to say the least

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

But he was up to the challenge. He put on his bowler hat and said "I'll talk to no-one but Elizabeth Keen."

Elizabeth Keen had overslept! She was late for FBI! Kissing her husband who was actually a spy and stuffing a slice of toast in her mouth, she dashed out the door and drove to the warehouse where Blacklist's top-secret prison cell was. They were still holding Blacklist without charging him with a crime or granting him access to an attorney.
"Hello, Elizabeth Keen," said Blacklist, smirkingly.
"What do you have for me today?" asked the ditzy detective. "Another Lich?"
"No, this one is a bit more... unusual..." he licked his lips and smiled. Blacklist was a pervert who got off on crime.

lol, I saw the first episode and decided I had had enough of that show, but now I see that it's available to stream so I'm watching the first episode (again) now. Thanks for the heads-up that her boyfriend/husband is a spy!

They already hosed up the timeline too. As you said, she's late for her first day, and in the rush, he manages to exposition(tm) that they're due at the adoption agency at 1:30pm. Then she gets picked up in a helicopter and has a chat with Blacklist.

Then she calls her husband who's already at the adoption agency whining that she's not there! So, either she was supposed to be in on her first day at like 1pm, or they hosed up.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
spaderman comes across as so smug in this show i just want to slap his pudgy face. i liked him in boston legal and from what i can tell he was pretty much the exact same character so im not sure why i dont like him in blacklist.

as far as blacklist itself goes it struck me as one of those "haha, i knew you were going to stand there at this exact moment, so i put a rope to catch you!" "aha, well i anticipated you anticipating me standing here, so prior to standing here i replaced your rope with a snake that i have trained to attack you!" type of shows and i never really cared for it

i agree with you about superhero stuff as well and i know way too many people who put stock in it on a philosophical level

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

sounds like boondock saints

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

TheIllestVillain posted:

tracy ellis ross look like a middle aged jewish woman who put on too much bronzer

but she got the most redonkulous booty

tracey ellis ross is amazing and should be on every show

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
She look like Big Bird but I love her anyway.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PUGGERNAUT posted:

is that the show about James spader putting on and taking off his hat

lol, by my count he took off his hat three times in the pilot. Curiously, we never see him put in on?

brylcreem posted:

lol, I saw the first episode and decided I had had enough of that show, but now I see that it's available to stream so I'm watching the first episode (again) now. Thanks for the heads-up that her boyfriend/husband is a spy!

I had forgotten we learn he's a spy in the pilot!

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Have you heard of...

The Dark Enlightenment??!?

Post your favorite fascist fantasy. Here is mine, this is me:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Blacklist is the show that wanted so bad to be Hannibal that all they did was replace hannibals name in the script and change some of the story around a bit

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just finished episode 2. He removed the hat once, and put it on once. The tally is now:

Hat off-on
S01E01: 3-0
S01E02: 1-1
S01E03: 2-1

Score: 6-2

Do you think TV Tropes or someone would be interested in this list?

edit: Ok, I'm reading the description on the streaming site (they have three seasons up), and it says: "FBI Agent "Liz" Keen is now wanted and on the run with criminal mastermind Raymond "Red" Reddington." That ... doesn't sound promising.

edit2: I really dislike this show. Maybe I won't continue the list.

brylcreem fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 15, 2015

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I honestly thought Blacklist was on Fox for some reason. My bad

Welp bye.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

:swoon:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Applewhite posted:

But he was up to the challenge. He put on his bowler hat and said "I'll talk to no-one but Elizabeth Keen."

Elizabeth Keen had overslept! She was late for FBI! Kissing her husband who was actually a spy and stuffing a slice of toast in her mouth, she dashed out the door and drove to the warehouse where Blacklist's top-secret prison cell was. They were still holding Blacklist without charging him with a crime or granting him access to an attorney.
"Hello, Elizabeth Keen," said Blacklist, smirkingly.
"What do you have for me today?" asked the ditzy detective. "Another Lich?"
"No, this one is a bit more... unusual..." he licked his lips and smiled. Blacklist was a pervert who got off on crime.

Keen knew Blacklist got off on perverted crime very well. In FBI school they had several pop quizs over the Blacklist, no not that one, Blacklist's list of fetishes! It was also called the Blacklist because several involved women of an African descent.

"Why do you have to be so perverted all the time" Elizabeth asked cooingly, "But enough talk. What is unusual about crime?"

Blacklist pressed a button on his remote and his TV turn on. "Oh they let you have TV now, is this even prison?" Elizabeth said snarkly. Blacklist leer like a shark, "Shut up and watch the tape" and played the DVD. It was a man dying in an odd unusual way, killing himself violently, but in a prison. Blacklist explained,"We are hunting the killer Kira. He has been killing people with some sort of magical power. I am afraid, because he is killing criminals."

"But..." Elizabeth said, "Blacklist you are criminal."

Blacklist bit lip, "Yes I am. That is why I am calling backup"

Suddenly the detective L arrived.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

I saw an episoide of this one time that my roomate was watching it was about the kid who got in trouble cause he said the "n" word (friend of the family) at school

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

The only thing I know about this show is its selling some boring bullshit plot with endless shots of a hot chick with tattoos to grab people's attention.

Also the same lovely commercial for it plays endlessly in the middle of football games, sandwiched between even more lovely fantasy football gambling site ads

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

oldpainless posted:

I honestly thought Blacklist was on Fox for some reason. My bad

Welp bye.

I thought Blacklist was Black Mirror on Netlfix and was like "wtf is this poo poo"

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

mr.capps posted:

Keen knew Blacklist got off on perverted crime very well. In FBI school they had several pop quizs over the Blacklist, no not that one, Blacklist's list of fetishes! It was also called the Blacklist because several involved women of an African descent.

"Why do you have to be so perverted all the time" Elizabeth asked cooingly, "But enough talk. What is unusual about crime?"

Blacklist pressed a button on his remote and his TV turn on. "Oh they let you have TV now, is this even prison?" Elizabeth said snarkly. Blacklist leer like a shark, "Shut up and watch the tape" and played the DVD. It was a man dying in an odd unusual way, killing himself violently, but in a prison. Blacklist explained,"We are hunting the killer Kira. He has been killing people with some sort of magical power. I am afraid, because he is killing criminals."

"But..." Elizabeth said, "Blacklist you are criminal."

Blacklist bit lip, "Yes I am. That is why I am calling backup"

Suddenly the detective L arrived.

Detective L was a skinny Japanese teen with a sullen demeanor.
Elizabeth Keen noticed he wasn't wearing shoes and was grossed out.
"Could you please put on some shoes?" she asked, wrinkling her nose.
L immediately went into Sherlock mode. He imagined that words appeared over things that described those things. He analyzed Elizabeth Keen.
"Elizabeth Keen, daughter of Mary Keen and Commander Keen. Your father was a criminal and ran away while you were little and it has caused an abandonment complex," mumbled L in a whispery voice.
Elizabeth was astonished and stepped back in astonishment. How could someone have analyzed her so well??
"What did you tell him?" she asked Blacklist, angrily.
Blacklist smirked and put on his hat "I didn't tell him anything, miss Keen. L is the greatest detective in the world."
L turned to Blacklist. He imagined a heads up display popping up next to Blacklist's face. He did this because he's severely autistic. The imaginary HUD made a popup that said "list of crimes" and then a lot of crimes scrolled past L's vision. L smiled to himself and mumbled.
"The greatest detective in the world meets the greatest criminal in the world. This is an interesting case indeed."

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
i stopped watching a long time ago. has that bland-rear end FBI lady found out if red skellington is her secret dad yet?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

brylcreem posted:

They already hosed up the timeline too. As you said, she's late for her first day, and in the rush, he manages to exposition(tm) that they're due at the adoption agency at 1:30pm. Then she gets picked up in a helicopter and has a chat with Blacklist.

Then she calls her husband who's already at the adoption agency whining that she's not there! So, either she was supposed to be in on her first day at like 1pm, or they hosed up.

quote:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Post your favorite fascist fantasy. Here is mine, this is me:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

i stopped watching a long time ago. has that bland-rear end FBI lady found out if red skellington is her secret dad yet?

I don't know I've only seen the first three episodes. It was obvious from episode 1 tho that he's her dad.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

She figures it out after a couple torture episodes but still hates him for it because he used her to hide the Illuminati's microfilm that has the philosopher's legacy on it. That's why they set her house on fire. Also her mom was Russian James Bond.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Applewhite posted:

Oh man, wouldn't it be great if the government could persecute the real bad people without giving them due process? But we can't have the heroes of the story violate constitutional and human rights, even for a good cause.
Good thing there's this criminal mastermind manipulating them so they're absolved of all moral responsibility for their brutal police state shenanigans!

I have no idea what you're talking about but it sounds real good

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Applewhite posted:

See also: all superhero shows.

I dunno if you're following Marvel's Agents of Shield but while yes, they sure started out that way, now it's evolved quite a bit and the main characters are basically the underground railroad for the persecuted minorities and the US government is gradually becoming the real Bad Guy in the show.

e: The Flash and Arrow though, totally guilty as charged (Flash even has his own private Supermax prison that he queitly throws people into permanently, although I'm fairly sure this is going to evolve into commentary on private prisons being horrible)

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 16, 2015

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
the problem with your assessment OP is that most people are too stupid to have such politically/ethically/morally complex thoughts and fantasies. stated differently, someone can't be having fascist wish fulfillment if they are too stupid to have fascist wishes in need of fulfilling.

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots
is someone in this show actually named blacklist?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

the problem with your assessment OP is that most people are too stupid to have such politically/ethically/morally complex thoughts and fantasies. stated differently, someone can't be having fascist wish fulfillment if they are too stupid to have fascist wishes in need of fulfilling.

The thread title "wish fulfillment fantasy with fascist undertones" wasn't as catchy.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Affe mk2 posted:

is someone in this show actually named blacklist?

What a question. You might as well ask which Disney movie Princess Frozen is from.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Applewhite posted:

What a question. You might as well ask which Disney movie Princess Frozen is from.

...she's from Frozen, right??

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I can't watch Blacklist because even though I love James Spader all of the plot that I've seen is so excruciatingly dumb even by comic book standards that I just can't stand it. There is very little fun, at least I can forgive Flash and SHIELD because there's a lot of fun poo poo going on and not this grueling 5 year systematic kill list thing.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

The indian CIA lady dies by getting her throat slit by the guy shes chasing cause shes stupid enough to go in alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I assume the movie would be called Princess Frozen except that Disney has decided that all of their movies have to have gay one-word minimalist titles now???

• Locked thread