Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Fielder has been absolutely useless in the postseason so far. I'm not even asking for dingers, man, just hit a goddamn single.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

CubsWoo posted:

the jays fans asked for dingers, and dingers they shall receive

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I like that I've said 'whoo' so much my tablet autocorrects 'choooo!' to that

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ump called another below the knee strike. At least he's consistent.:shrug:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Man just throw it if they give time that late.

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008
God I love Beltre.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The Jays need to step up their game so we can the wind out the Rangers fans' sails.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Beltre will be an 85 year old mummy, held together with duct tape and chewing gum, but he will still be able to swing the bat. I don't know how the man does it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Some Numbers posted:

The Jays need to step up their game so we can the wind out the Rangers fans' sails.

Yea that famously arrogant franchise

Len Dykstra
Oct 24, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea that famously arrogant franchise

oh god you're in SAS now too?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shinjobi posted:

Beltre will be an 85 year old mummy, held together with duct tape and chewing gum, but he will still be able to swing the bat. I don't know how the man does it.

Gypsy curse, he actually wanted to quit five decades ago but he's cursed to forever be a monster (hitter)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Some Numbers posted:

We've been so rude to your franchise, and I can't apologize enough.:downs:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

My working theory is that the Jays need fresh air to work, so not being allowed to open the dome is suffocating them.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Sorry, that was unnecessarily snippy and insulting. I'm just annoyed that the Jays aren't winning. :(

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Explosionface posted:

My working theory is that the Jays need fresh air to work, so not being allowed to open the dome is suffocating them.

they take in all their water through the skin, and eat via photosynthesis

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Explosionface posted:

agreed. the league not letting them open it combined with this fat rear end geezer picking on Tulo can be blamed for all the woes.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
as a rangers fan I also like the blue jays :) joey bats

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Some Numbers posted:

Sorry, that was unnecessarily snippy and insulting. I'm just annoyed that the Jays aren't winning. :(

It's okay. You can look up my posts in the other threads; I'm probably one of the kneejerkiest people I know. I say some incredibly dumb poo poo when my sports teams are losing. I don't hold it against anyone who does something similar.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Some Numbers posted:

It's cool, I'm probably gonna be a bitch when the Astros implode later.

Explosionface posted:

The league is really fighting the integration of plant based players.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ranger fans here are perfectly decent humans and Beltre owns. All my rage is towards the ump and the heavens.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Some Numbers posted:

This really is the most Canadian post

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Granted, I think the Cardinals getting ousted yesterday has severely improved my attitude towards the playoffs, win or lose.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Jays should've brought Hazel McCallion instead of letting fat man Rob Ford bring his loser energy to the stadium

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

If only the Blue Jays had some kind of backup starting pitcher, in case the first one broke. Unfortunately, no such pitcher exists.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Shinjobi posted:

Granted, I think the Cardinals getting ousted yesterday has severely improved my attitude towards the playoffs, win or lose.

oh for sure

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Goins is chasing that high strike like crazy. Guy needs to chill out and get back to walking

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ice To Meet You posted:

If only the Blue Jays had some kind of backup starting pitcher, in case the first one broke. Unfortunately, no such pitcher exists.

When I heard that Loup wouldn't be available for game 5, I was shocked. It leaves the Jays in a dangerous situation if you swear by the lefty/righty switcharoos.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shinjobi posted:

We're at a point where there's basically no wrong answer, just the answers that make you most happy.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

that one is legit.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Lord Binky posted:

as a rangers fan I also like the blue jays :) joey bats

As a Blue Jays fan, I also like the Rangers. Hamels is good. Beltre and Choo are awesome.

If the Jays can't win today, I will be sad but I can live with it. Going down 0-3 would have been devastating this year with this team.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Lord Binky posted:

This really is the most Canadian post

Nice stereotype, I'm American.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

shadok posted:

As a Blue Jays fan, I also like the Rangers. Hamels is good. Beltre and Choo are awesome.

If the Jays can't win today, I will be sad but I can live with it. Going down 0-3 would have been devastating this year with this team.

Yea I'm glad you guys at least got one win, getting totally shut down would suck hard after all that to get here.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Some Numbers posted:

it was Canadian in spirit

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

you know i just googled Harold Reynolds and apparently he has indeed played and/or watched baseball before

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea I'm glad you guys at least got one win, getting totally shut down would suck hard after all that to get here.

We got two wins, both in Texas.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Some Numbers posted:

ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
Joey :swoon:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
And there's blood in the water.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007