Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Valbuena :woop::

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Hosmer has some supervillain slope to his eyebrows

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Almost Astroed the gently caress out of that one too god drat

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

bewbies posted:

i mean they can't pull a quality starter who has given up 1 run through 4 right? or is this keuchelhour

He's labored through the last six outs. They would have just ground him into submission, might as well pull the plug, see if Fiers can do something

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

I feel like Sipp has been used at the wrong time in like three games this series

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Astros Twitter couldn't even get the 8th inning lineup tweet out before the side was retired

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Keuchel is just gonna end up costing himself the Cy Young

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Intruder posted:

Why do people keep saying this about him and Price the voting was done before the playoffs started

Because Astros

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Got drat that mound of Royals fan in the front row is annoying

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I'm more annoyed by the guy trying to show off the back of his shirt, even if it's topical and was a bad thing. Watch the game man.

Might be the firefighters thing

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Hmm Lowrie or Tucker at 9? Guess it doesn't matter

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

illcendiary posted:

Guess it doesn't matter

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Intruder posted:

He's given up 4 runs in like 16 innings, that's not the worst

loving hell that one inning bumped his ERA up to a trash 5.00

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Astros need two bats and McCullers to step up and they might be alright

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

assuming that the astros don't go on an insane run here, every division series has been clinched at home in front of a delirious crowd

If the Dodgers win tomorrow it'll be four blue and white teams remaining

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Astros were the better team for four games but that's what poo poo bounces and ~*manufacturing runs*~ gets you I guess

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

Astros have so many good, young players, plus dudes in the pipeline. AL West looks like it's going to be a pretty insane division next year though.

Not really, they have two or three position players worth a gently caress. Rasmus won't be back so there's another hole. Keuchel will regress and Kazmir is gonna be worthless if he comes back. They're gonna learn the hard way why you can't waste chances

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Midnightghoul posted:

Yeah they were talking about this in interviews a couple days ago, they said seeing that and then a expletive filled pep talk by Moustakas fired them up for that inning.

Nice so now I have this and the Spurs 2013 meltdown to add to my "grown men get riled up at perceived slight causing a stupid comeback" collection

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Intruder posted:

The Rockets made the WCF and have improved since then, we still have something

And poo poo, the Astros made the loving playoffs. They weren't supposed to be here. Yeah they blew it when it was all but sewn up, but I'm going to at least try to enjoy what they accomplished even if I'm super sad right now

I'm gonna console myself by reading a bunch of posts by super-sensitive Rockets fans on Clutchfans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Hey there's always footba-no...uh...Rockets are pretty good...till they get to the playoffs...uh...I think our soccer team is pretty legit?

Actually the Dynamo are one of the bottom teams in MLS this year so nope :sigh:

• Locked thread