Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
is a really good tv show. i didnt think it would be but i guess lots of people probably already know this but i just started watching it. how the hell did FX afford some of these actors? billy bob might not be at the height of his career but martin freeman probably is. anyway, it's really high quality tv and they capture what the midwest is like so so perfectly. there are some questionable screenplay moments but for the most part it's really good especially for an FX show. i'm only on ep 4 or so. you can watch on hulu if you're interested.

i seem to remember TVIV criticizing the show when it first came out back in the dark days when i used to read TVIV but they're wrong about virtually everything. heck yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

TV IV has been sucking Fargo dick since the beginning from what I can remember

oh ok. i apologize for tarnishing their flawless reputation as a subforum but even a broken rear end clock is right twice a day

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Parallax Scroll posted:

i thought fargo was a movie

yeah it's a tv show based on the movie and it's surprisingly good check it out whether you like it or not.

it even features a son that is touched by the 'tism which a lot of goons should identify with. i know i did ! :downs:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Xaris posted:

how was the new tv shows on limtiless and minority report?

kinda weird theres suddenly a lot of movies->tv shows recently

no idea sorry friend im not like some sort of authority on television i have limited time so i try to select the highest quality shows possible

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Daedra posted:

i dont read tviv much but i checked out Cin D the other day and people were still arguing that the shitheap called Prometheus was a legit good movie and yelling at people that said otherwise

delete that subforum

tviv has some good threads (the sons of anarchy one is downright hilarious) and there is some genuinely vibrant and interesting discussion that goes on in some of the threads good shows that have ended. trying to read a tviv thread about a show that is still airing, esp while the season is airing, is downright brutal though. i stopped reading TVIV after true detective s1 thread.

• Locked thread