Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...a0dzB&ocid=iehp

quote:

SAN FRANCISCO — The classroom of 10th graders had already learned about sexually transmitted diseases and various types of birth control. Today, the 15-year-olds gathered around tables to discuss another topic: how and why to make sure each step in a sexual encounter is met with consent.

Consent from the person you are kissing — or more — is not merely silence or a lack of protest, Shafia Zaloom, a health educator at the Urban School of San Francisco , told the students. They listened with rapt attention, but several did not disguise how puzzled they felt.

“What does that mean — you have to say ‘yes’ every 10 minutes?” asked Aiden Ryan, 15, who sat near the front of the room.

“Pretty much,” Ms. Zaloom answered. “It’s not a timing thing, but whoever initiates things to another level has to ask.”

I'm glad I got to date and have sex in a time before we all became coddled pussy losers. Sorry for the next generation, though, especially the men. Have fun being accused of rape for forgetting to get permission to kiss her on the navel when she only wanted you to go as low as her ribcage.

I support legislation that makes it easier to prosecute actual rapists and support victims of sexual assault, but teaching people "any sex you have second thoughts about=rape" is not the way to go, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
:agreed:

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
lol yes listening to a person with a muslim name about sex, i am sure they are not totally repressed and in favor of stoning anyone who engages in non-marital sex

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

I didn't consent to this post

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Glowku posted:

I didn't consent to this post

I consented to the first post 3 minutes ago, but I did not consent to posts afterwards

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"Oh, stopping to have sex every few minutes to confirm mutual consent is so romantic. I'm very turned on right now." -No man or woman anywhere at any time.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

OP has made me consider rape. Thanks OP.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
she's chinese and white, why the gently caress is her name "shafia zaloom"??? it sounds pretty appropriative and orientalist

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
one of them is going to figure out that they can try pulling the old doggy stile switcheroo and just claim they just missed or something if it doesn't go over, and it's going to be a gamechanger

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Talking to someone is mind rape because when you hear something new ideas enter your brain without your consent.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Someone make a consensual sex app that pairs your phone with your genderfluid gently caress buddy and sends a consent request every other minute

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
What the gently caress yoU meaN I cAn'T juSt rApe BiTches???????

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

corpuscollossus posted:

Someone make a consensual sex app that pairs your phone with your genderfluid gently caress buddy and sends a consent request every other minute

You preprogram your app with the sex acts you're okay with ahead of time and the phones buzz when one or the other meets a level of action not approved by the partner.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

SHISHKABOB posted:

What the gently caress yoU meaN I cAn'T juSt rApe BiTches???????

Rape was never okay, sry.
The difference now is normal sex is also not okay.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Let's contrast this with the fact that 65% of women have rape fantasies.

Roy fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Oct 15, 2015

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Applewhite posted:

You preprogram your app with the sex acts you're okay with ahead of time and the phones buzz when one or the other meets a level of action not approved by the partner.

I could have sworn you ticked bunghole touching. I'm totally ok if u want to press charges.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Applewhite posted:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...a0dzB&ocid=iehp

I'm glad I got to date and have sex in a time before we all became coddled pussy losers. Sorry for the next generation, though, especially the men. Have fun being accused of rape for forgetting to get permission to kiss her on the navel when she only wanted you to go as low as her ribcage.

I support legislation that makes it easier to prosecute actual rapists and support victims of sexual assault, but teaching people "any sex you have second thoughts about=rape" is not the way to go, imo.

Holy poo poo you are retarded.

If someone says "stop" and the other person does not stop, then that is sexual assault.

Wow what a horrible world it would be if men couldn't just be all "well she obviously wanted it" because they would have fear of being held accountable for their actions (their actions being sexual assault).

Oh no everybody women are gonna take our balls because if they say anything like we did something bad then it's our fault and we get screwed!!! We can't let that happen. The female sex is not supposed to have that kind of power. Any kind of power, frankly. And we all know that all them bitches just care about money and tricking men. Haha what a bunch of whores!

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

SHISHKABOB posted:

If someone says "stop" and the other person does not stop, then that is sexual assault.

nobody is disagreeing with this though?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Aiden Ryan, 15

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm going to cut the op's head off

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

I'm going to cut the op's head off

please make sure you get his signature on the triplicate paperwork first :haw:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm giong to start working the word "triplicate" into my daily vocabulary

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

not as bad as yours was for u, op

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Roy posted:

Let's contrast this with the fact that 65% of women have rape fantasies.

How do we know all this talk about consent isn't just a way to weed out the pussies and betas to scared to cross the line?

Let's contrast this with the fact that people internalize aspects of their culture. One of the aspects of our culture is that men are the dominators, rape is ok because men are the boss and they know what's good.

You're making the same idiotic argument of "we shouldn't be offended by Muslim women wearing body covering clothing because what if they like it????? Cultural relativism guys!!!

Applewhite posted:

Rape was never okay, sry.
The difference now is normal sex is also not okay.

Hmmm in my books sex without consent is rape.

The way this teacher is going about it is lame as gently caress, but the idea is absolutely solid. Get loving consent before you do anything. It's not hard or different or weird.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

dave will be your independent observers for this act of coitus today. don't mind him.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

Let's contrast this with the fact that people internalize aspects of their culture. One of the aspects of our culture is that men are the dominators, rape is ok because men are the boss and they know what's good.

You're making the same idiotic argument of "we shouldn't be offended by Muslim women wearing body covering clothing because what if they like it????? Cultural relativism guys!!!

Hmmm in my books sex without consent is rape.

The way this teacher is going about it is lame as gently caress, but the idea is absolutely solid. Get loving consent before you do anything. It's not hard or different or weird.

Can I reply to you?

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Cantaloupe posted:

Aiden Ryan, 15

Sounds like the school bicycle

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

SHISHKABOB posted:

Yeah no poo poo. Did you even read the article? It's not saying "stop means stop" it's saying "not saying a positive 'yes' to each stage of sexual intensity is assault."

There is, in fact, a difference.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The Art of Seduction - How to not be subject to arrest or liability - by Ranger Milktits

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

10 minutes? lol

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

Wow what a horrible world it would be if men couldn't just be all "well she obviously wanted it" because they would have fear of being held accountable for their actions (their actions being sexual assault).

Oh no everybody women are gonna take our balls because if they say anything like we did something bad then it's our fault and we get screwed!!! We can't let that happen. The female sex is not supposed to have that kind of power. Any kind of power, frankly. And we all know that all them bitches just care about money and tricking men. Haha what a bunch of whores!

hey, do you mind if i stick my hand under your bra?
how about we take things up a notch, and I unbutton your jeans?
Is it cool if I stick my dick in? You sure. Great.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

milkingmycow posted:

The Art of Seduction - How to not be subject to arrest or liability - by Ranger Milktits

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

proof of concept posted:

nobody is disagreeing with this though?

Yes but they are ok with the converse: if someone doesn't say yes, then you should continue.

Here's a wild idea: women feel pressured to consent to mens' actions. So giving men the idea that "just cause she ain't sayin poo poo doesn't mean she's ok with it," will hopefully result in a balanced situation with communication on both sides as equals.

I think people think that women have just as much power as men when it comes to sex. Women are still taught to be meek and receptive by society.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's San Francisco.

Also people who go to this extreme are likely not going to breed, so it's self-selecting for elimination.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

this is a really bad post

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

corpuscollossus posted:

hey, do you mind if i stick my hand under your bra?
how about we take things up a notch, and I unbutton your jeans?
Is it cool if I stick my dick in? You sure. Great.

Holy poo poo this is so stupid hahahaha lame - men of 21st century USA

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

Yes but they are ok with the converse: if someone doesn't say yes, then you should continue.

Here's a wild idea: women feel pressured to consent to mens' actions. So giving men the idea that "just cause she ain't sayin poo poo doesn't mean she's ok with it," will hopefully result in a balanced situation with communication on both sides as equals.

I think people think that women have just as much power as men when it comes to sex. Women are still taught to be meek and receptive by society.

heres another really bad post

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Pretty sure we should just stop all the sex and rely on technology for the continuation of our species. There. Problem solved. That was easy.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

Holy poo poo this is so stupid hahahaha lame - men of 21st century USA

I found another one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

SHISHKABOB posted:

ur mom likes the d

• Locked thread