Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sj2iQyBTQs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

ash katchcum

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Pokemon Go Home You Nerds

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
Google invested in this poo poo btw.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So that one app where you going around catching points got old so Google is trying to up its game

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Every perp on 'To Catch a Predator' would have used this as an excuse.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
pretty weird ad for pokemon I have to say

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Can't wait until some Austrian man puts a pokemon spawn outside his sex dungeon

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'm going to start a gym where all the trainers have is rattatas and also the gym is a lovely house filled with actual rats

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Roy posted:

Can't wait until some Austrian man puts a pokemon spawn outside his sex dungeon

spawn isnt a pokemon

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
More like Pokemon: Go gently caress Yourself!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i threw a pokeball at a cat and it didnt do anything

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
how the gently caress did that dude catch a level 36 charizard without weakening it first, really broke my immersion will NOT be playing

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
pretty accurate commercial except for everyone's weight, hackable droid phone, 20 something

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This seems like it would of been a good app for pedophiles 10 years ago.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm the guy who runs out in traffic to chase a Caterpie and gets hit by a car.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
If by pokemon you mean people then yeah, I've been hunting pokemon for a long time.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Ingress was such a boring 'game' but people still went all crazy about it and took things to weird legally dubious places. I can't imagine what will happen if you add pokemon to that equation. I expect to see grown men beating up children at the very least.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

If you beat someone in a battle, does it transfer half the money in their bank account(s) to you?

GargleBlaster
Mar 17, 2008

Stupid Narutard
Ingress playing nerd checking in. I also used to like Pokemon and so this sort of interests me but yeah I don't know - you get enough stares playing Ingress as you lurk around hacking the memorial bench that someone thought would make a great portal round the back of some old warehouse. Almost all players have been approached by a cop at some point wondering what the gently caress they're up to. They tend to be decent about it when you explain apparently (I've not been approached yet myself) and people have a bit if a laugh about it. But when it's something kids are more likely to join in with I can see those raised eyebrows getting just a bit more serious...

If it becomes popular I could see calls to ban it happening eventually. However like Ingress it relies on screen and GPS on, so the extreme battery drain may well put off the masses.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
who got to keep mewtew out of that crowd of people?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Holyshoot posted:

who got to keep mewtew out of that crowd of people?

Everyone got a chunk of him.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
i like the part where this guy helps the pretty girls catch pokes

i think i should get this game

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

GargleBlaster posted:

If it becomes popular I could see calls to ban it happening eventually. However like Ingress it relies on screen and GPS on, so the extreme battery drain may well put off the masses.

you know how the masses love their battery life in fact i was discussing this on facebook and i said, "yeah, looks cool but what about my battery tho?" and i got so many likes

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
bro are we playing for pinks bro?

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 15, 2015

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
that video gave me aids

GargleBlaster
Mar 17, 2008

Stupid Narutard

LegoPirateNinja posted:

you know how the masses love their battery life in fact i was discussing this on facebook and i said, "yeah, looks cool but what about my battery tho?" and i got so many likes

Yup. On a casual Ingress session I need to use a battery case. On an actual "day out Ingressing", a small brick that can charge the phone about 3-4 times.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

GargleBlaster posted:

Yup. On a casual Ingress session I need to use a battery case. On an actual "day out Ingressing", a small brick that can charge the phone about 3-4 times.

Have Ingress players never heard of a car charger?

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

GargleBlaster posted:

On an actual "day out Ingressing"

This is very sad. This message is coming from a lonely drug addict.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I tried Ingress once. I blew all my bomb thingies on a single portal, doing p much no damage to it then sat there wondering how the gently caress I am supposed to get more bombs.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

oh man, just lol. everything about that commercial is amazing.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Oh poo poo I caught a raccoon! It's tearing up the goddamned house, mom is gonna kill me!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I have a friend who watched this and was super excited until we explained that no, they didn't put a bunch of hologram projectors all over the place and the pokemon will only ever be on his phone screen.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Machai posted:

I have a friend who watched this and was super excited until we explained that no, they didn't put a bunch of hologram projectors all over the place and the pokemon will only ever be on his phone screen.

That's what the Microsoft hololens is for! It even supports AR app mixing so you can use the pokemon to defend your superimposed minecraft house!

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Bluemillion posted:

That's what the Microsoft hololens is for! It even supports AR app mixing so you can use the pokemon to defend your superimposed minecraft house!

This on the other hand sounds totally awesome cause it's gonna cause massive amounts of nerds running into trees, cars, trucks and glass doors.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

looks fun. I'm gonna download it and then get tired of it immediately because I caught all the pokemon at my house.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Gonna set up traps around rare pokemons and catch some kids/pedophiles.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

skit herre posted:

This on the other hand sounds totally awesome cause it's gonna cause massive amounts of nerds running into trees, cars, trucks and glass doors.

The lawsuit's gonna be good when someone gets killed because they were startled by a virtual pop up ad.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i'm a pokeman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
catch me if you can

• Locked thread