Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

deadwing posted:

honestly, the dlc model seems a lot more user-friendly to me than rock band's ever did. 150 plays for 20 bucks plus free play on playlists (plus more earned from regular gameplay) sounds loving awesome to me, no more buying a song I don't like because the chart looks like fun, I can just tune into the country half hour or whatever the gently caress to check out the charts and not buy the tracks for two dollars, and use my plays when I want to play a song that I enjoy listening to or really liked the chart of between import packs and single dlc purchases I probably have over 400 songs in my rock band library, so many of those songs I've only played a handful of times.

I'm not a 100% full clear scorehero dude, so I couldn't give a gently caress that the game doesn't let me restart or practice a song. now if you do enjoy practicing segments of songs until you perfect them and going for those full clears, this is not the game for you. that's cool! this game just tries to appeal to a more casual music game audience, and signing in every night to play a 30 minute block of ghtv, maybe playing a song or two afterwards on free play, then signing out sounds awesome for me.

The vibe I'm getting from it was saying to me "Activision wants their own Singstar" and that's ok I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Remember, kids: don't lock songs away in Quickplay in music games.

Progression can be nice. I think having everything unlocked in Rock Band or the full band Guitar Hero games makes sense, as there's an expectation of immediatly playing whatever with your friends who may not want to go through the entire game, but I don't think it's a problem in a single player focused game.

• Locked thread