Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

That was great. He called some idiot a bitch, she feigned outrage until she was given an opportunity to shill for her company and forgot all about it

He's a master troll, I loved his line from the event on how this is why SF will never be loved like LA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

etalian posted:

He's a master troll, I loved his line from the event on how this is why SF will never be loved like LA.

LA is loved?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rah! posted:

LA is loved?

That's the joke

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Jenkem Delivery posted:

That's the joke

:thejoke:

forgive me i was trampled by a wild pack of hipsters in front of an artisanal coffee shop and then ran over by techbros racing their google busses, and now when people tell jokes it just makes me poo poo in a bag and pass out

Rah! fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 26, 2015

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rah! posted:

LA is loved?

in california there's lots of rivalry bewteen the north and south especially in sports

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Failed models and actresses are at least nice to look at. Failed startups are not.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Failed models and actresses are at least nice to look at. Failed startups are not.

hey man we got like some pretty bridges and pretentious yuppie diners where you pay $10 for some toast, which you can eat while you watch crazy people making GBS threads themselves and smoking crack, why are you hating

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I read a story a decade ago about some dude that bought a huge home in El Dorado Hills and commuted every work day to the Bay Area. Wonder if anyone else has tried something that stupid with Bay Area real estate 10x more insane

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

Saw this in the sfgate comments for this video and thought of SA.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

WhyteRyce posted:

I read a story a decade ago about some dude that bought a huge home in El Dorado Hills and commuted every work day to the Bay Area. Wonder if anyone else has tried something that stupid with Bay Area real estate 10x more insane

yo they do. it's called Tracy.

(more serious yes it's very common, which is partly why traffic is so bad. even the toll plaza at 6am sucks balls.)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

we're going to take it all too.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

brutally murder all landlords

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Xaris posted:

yo they do. it's called Tracy.

(more serious yes it's very common, which is partly why traffic is so bad. even the toll plaza at 6am sucks balls.)

The toll plaza?? You mentioned Tracy - traffic is literally bumper-to-bumper from the eastern approach to the Altamont Pass at 6 am. It's loving insane. Granted it's because everyone coming from Tracy and Stockton and further all leave for work around the same time but it's still nuts.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rod Munch posted:

Saw this in the sfgate comments for this video and thought of SA.

In DC it's also fairly common to have crazy super commute with 3-4 hour one way due to the somewhat high price of housing.

etalian fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 26, 2015

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
http://sf.curbed.com/archives/2015/10/22/what_2800month_rents_you_in_san_francisco.php

lol, better off homeless.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

nomadologique posted:

you could never stomach the risk of hot potato in kindergarten, could you?

I never place bets, which is why I have a lot more money to spend on retarded poo poo than most people in my income bracket.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Yeah, so about that $400k wooden shack...

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Wooden-Shack-in-San-Francisco-Sells-For-408000-336400291.html

quote:

The dilapidated shack was built as relief housing in 1906 after a devastating 7.8 earthquake ripped through San Francisco and destroyed more than 80 percent of the city. As such, the fixer upper is considered a historical property and cannot be torn down or undergo significant changes.

“[The new owners] are very limited to what they can do,” Han said. “But they are going to fix the foundation, the roof, plumbing…it needs a complete overhaul.”

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

In SF a nasty rear end wooden shack is historic for some reason.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

etalian posted:

Also: lmao, nice try to the buyer I guess

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

etalian posted:

sf uses historical desginations on everything from rotting piers to old bathrooms as a way to stop development

it is a poo poo city where the landlords rule the roost by limiting supply of housing for huge profits

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

this was a great episode

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
An interesting reverse-nail house sitiation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Top City Homo posted:

sf uses historical desginations on everything from rotting piers to old bathrooms as a way to stop development

it is a poo poo city where the landlords rule the roost by limiting supply of housing for huge profits

well we don't want to change the feel of the neighborhood.....

aka keep all the poors out of Fort Mason

I believe the lion's share of new development is going to SOMA, while the more established neighborhoods have minimal new housing stock in work

• Locked thread