Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
lmbo holy loving poo poo

quote:

In all of San Francisco, according to McLaughlin’s study, more than 63 percent of homes (including condos and town houses) are valued at $1 million or more. That’s up from 39 percent in 2010.

The city’s housing crunch is a familiar story. We’ve known that lower- and middle-income families have struggled to stay in San Francisco. But things aren’t much better at the upper end, where even families making a solid six-figure income are finding that the market is running away from them.

Bernal Heights is just one of the neighborhoods seeing big changes. Some of the other neighborhoods seeing steep climbs — to the point where virtually every house is a $1 million home — include the Inner Sunset (31 percent to 96 percent) and Central Richmond (45 percent to 96 percent).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah no poo poo. It's basically impossible to find reasonably priced housing anywhere that isn't bumfuck nowhere or the Inland Empire.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I love the city but gently caress the city you know

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the real punishment is stuff like $5 coffee and seeing nerds pitch their App ideas at local bars.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i loving warned you gays, you shoulda grabbed your torches and pitchforks and tarred and feathered the hipsters while you still had the chance

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The White Dragon posted:

i loving warned you gays, you shoulda grabbed your torches and pitchforks and tarred and feathered the hipsters while you still had the chance

i wish we would have all listened to, you "the white dragon" but i dont read traditional games :(

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

all the cool people moved to Oakland.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Who the gently caress is going to be around to make the mission burritos? You've really screwed yourself over San Francisco, with all this nerd internet poo poo.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Basically, all the sexy people need to get together and agree on a new place to migrate to, like Fresno or Saskatoon.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Arian_Samurai posted:

Who the gently caress is going to be around to make the mission burritos? You've really screwed yourself over San Francisco, with all this nerd internet poo poo.

the tech industry will create a app to make mission burritos out of thin air

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
The burritos will be delivered by drone from East Palo Alto.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Maoist Pussy posted:

The burritos will be delivered by drone from East Palo Alto.

drugs too for all the local techies who need some spice in their life like that Google exec.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Dely Apple posted:

I love the city but gently caress the city you know

yeah move to marine

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

etalian posted:

unironically true, most everyone i know has moved to oakland. don't tell all the wisconsinite and other east coast transplants who've grown up thinking oakland = violent gang death though.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1b8AhIsSYQ

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
If San Francisco were suddenly vaporized, what percentage of the world's supply of irritating nerds would vanish? Also how would you best profit from this event

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

anyone got good stratgeies for monetizing bees? i'm really good at catching bees but so far profits are stagnant

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/15/technology/behind-the-failure-of-leap-transits-gentrified-buses-in-san-francisco.html?referer=

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Maoist Pussy posted:

If San Francisco were suddenly vaporized, what percentage of the world's supply of irritating nerds would vanish? Also how would you best profit from this event

buy up real estate in portland, seattle and oakland to fleece future irritating midwestern and east coast nerds moving there

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

anyone got good stratgeies for monetizing bees? i'm really good at catching bees but so far profits are stagnant

If you can ship them so they arrive alive -- the health of the bee is vital -- you can sell them as drones.

I don't think it's an especially nice thing to do to the bees, but at least you wouldn't be sued. Maybe.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Maybe somebody could fix this with an app that disrupts the existing real estate paradigms?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I.C. posted:

If you can ship them so they arrive alive -- the health of the bee is vital -- you can sell them as drones.

I don't think it's an especially nice thing to do to the bees, but at least you wouldn't be sued. Maybe.

yeah i dont have a lot of capital right now for shipping but i guess if i get payment up front i'd be ok. thanks for the idea keep em coming

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The bay area sucks and has always sucked.

I blame Joe Montana and homosexuals

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

Maybe somebody could fix this with an app that disrupts the existing real estate paradigms?

Yeah it's an app called "Molotov cocktail"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
im gay

actually yes and i encountered more homophobia walking down the street in san francisco visiting for four days than in the south where i live. one chinese person spat at me.

there's not even that many gay people there anymore.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Booblord Zagats posted:

The bay area sucks and has always sucked.

I blame Joe Montana and homosexuals

There's nothing good about either the Santa Clara 49ers or the Raiders.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Omi-Polari posted:

im gay

actually yes and i encountered more homophobia walking down the street in san francisco visiting for four days than in the south where i live. one chinese person spat at me.

there's not even that many gay people there anymore.

I thought Chinese people generally spit all the time though and also poo poo in the streets

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

etalian posted:

There's nothing good about either the Santa Clara 49ers or the Raiders.

My lawyer is a Raiders fan and I like him, but he hates all other Raiders fans that aren't salty old black dudes

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

haljordan posted:

I thought Chinese people generally spit all the time though and also poo poo in the streets
well, he also said some mean things :sigh:

but really what i'm saying is san francisco is a dysfunctional place and i hope the whole thing implodes

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Omi-Polari posted:

well, he also said some mean things :sigh:

but really what i'm saying is san francisco is a dysfunctional place and i hope the whole thing implodes

Lousy Chinaman

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

etalian posted:

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

My lawyer is a Raiders fan and I like him, but he hates all other Raiders fans that aren't salty old black dudes

He's gotta be the only salty old black dude that's a raiders fan

All the rich as gently caress tech companies paying people slave wages to drive their private commute buses is proof that all of these people should be murdered in the most painful way possible

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Kill that guy too

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I turned down a job recently in that area despite an 60% raise.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
that's what i said when i saw Inside Out - the loving dump they moved into was easily a million bucks, compared to their nice wisconsin home that prob cost 300-350k

im like what does muad'dib do for a living here

but then of course he's taking about "losing investors" because of course he's part of a loving startup which means he's burning through money he doesnt even have yet till they creep back to cheese country with their collective tails between their legs but not before their daughter gets date raped at some rich kids house party

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 15, 2015

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

I turned down a job recently in that area despite an 60% raise.

Good move, your housing expenses would increase by 60,000%

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I am subscribed to some start-up conference mailing list and the Social Evangelist/Token Girl sent out something about how you should go to Burning Man because Jack Dorsey did and I was like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

LegoPirateNinja posted:

that's what i said when i saw Inside Out - the loving dump they moved into was easily three million bucks, compared to their nice wisconsin home that prob cost 300-350k

ftfy

• Locked thread