Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
8:00 PM Eastern on TBS

Mets
Curtis Granderson, RF
David Wright, 3B
Daniel Murphy, 2B
Yoenis Cespedes, CF
Lucas Duda, 1B
Travis d'Arnaud, C
Michael Conforto, LF
Wilmer Flores, SS
Jacob deGrom, RHP

Dodgers
Howie Kendrick, 2B
Corey Seager, SS
Adrian Gonzalez, 1B
Justin Turner, 3B
Andre Ethier, RF
Yasmani Grandal, C
Enrique Hernandez, LF
Joc Pederson, CF
Zack Greinke, RHP

Beat LA. Hopefully the Dodger fans won't murder anybody tonight in the parking lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Go whatever team would like to be the sacrifice to Chicago! Preferably NY because gently caress New York forever.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i rly hope its the mets just so my stepdad and i can talk mad poo poo to each other

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Go whatever team would like to be the sacrifice to Chicago! Preferably NY because gently caress New York forever.

Also the Cubs went 7-0 against the Mets this year and only 3-4 against the Dodgers. Yeah it was pre-trade-deadline, but still.

And the Mets winning means they'd party all night and then fly across the country to NY for the game on Saturday, while LA wouldn't have to do any traveling.

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

We're spread, we're spread, we're spreading our.... wings! :v:
Life long Mets fan. So nervous for tonight. The storyline sets up so well for deGrom though, beating both Kershaw and Greinke in the same series.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
We're not winning. Duda and Wright are hitting like .100 for the playoffs. deGrom makes one mistake and it's over.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

davecrazy posted:

We're not winning. Duda and Wright are hitting like .100 for the playoffs. deGrom makes one mistake and it's over.

Keep going

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
The playoffs were perfect until the Royals advanced, so don't gently caress things up, Dodgers- just roll over and take the rest of October off and make everyone happy.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Moneyball posted:

The playoffs were perfect until the Royals advanced, so don't gently caress things up, Dodgers- just roll over and take the rest of October off and make everyone happy.

Hmm I've examined this post closely and determined that it is cancerous. Sorry you had to find out this way.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Literally nobody is cheering for the Dodgers. I don't need or want to debate this.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
I'll chime in for the L.A. side...

I'm loving nervous.

Grienke is amazing, deGrom is amazing, but grienke can hit so I'm leaning that way.
Mets and Dodgers batting is very random so I think this is a toss up.

The real kicker as always is the relief pitching, and obviously the dodgers never win that category.

Without Utley making that man's-game play the Dodgers would be eliminated already.

So yea, go Doyers, but I'm not holding my breath over here.

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

Nitramster posted:

The real kicker as always is the relief pitching, and obviously the dodgers never win that category.

If Greinke lasts 7 innings, the Dodgers are going to be in good shape. After that, they'll bring in some slob to pitch the 8th. If he starts to gently caress up, it's Jansen Ks all the way down.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Jansen is coming in for 2 innings tonight unless Greinke is just cruising through 7

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Go 30-inning game :toot:

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

ESPN jinxed it. It'll be 10-9 by the fifth.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/ralphmacchio/status/654704822491308037

lol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

let's go mets

but this season was a success no matter what

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

That's pretty funny, but lets not forget, the bad guy was actually the good guy in that movie (according to barney from how I met your mother, hah)

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

.083. Way to step up your game Wright.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I do not give a gently caress who wins this game, go baseball, go bat flips

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Did that guy just say Kike Henderson? :confused:

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
i do not agree with the decision to start joc at all

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

He was safe.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
He's safe

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:
Yeah, he beat that throw.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
thought he was out before the replay

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
god drat it

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Tie goes to the runner, he's safe

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
if he had just hustled the whole way instead of waiting til Greinke missed it there'd be no question

Troy Queef posted:

Tie goes to the runner, he's safe

lol

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Safe by a mile.

Also :lol: Greinke's pratfall.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
he's safe but the Mets haven't gotten a close call all series, so.....

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Poque posted:

I do not give a gently caress who wins this game, go baseball, go bat flips

same

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
Granderson called safe, let's go Mets.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yesss

Let's go Mets

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Hey Wright, why don't you remember how to hit. This would be a good spot to do it.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I'm convinced Justin Turner is Tormund from Game of Thrones.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

davecrazy posted:

Hey Wright, why don't you remember how to hit. This would be a good spot to do it.

He's just saving his game winning heroics to crush the Dodgers spirit in the most dramatic way possible.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Incoming GiDP.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:

davecrazy posted:

He didn't GIDP, I'll take that as a victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
quite the nasty slider there

• Locked thread