Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Toby Gerhart >> Mark Ingram

Gerhart got robbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Scrapez posted:

A tad different looking like poo poo in week 1 versus week 6 though...

I mean do you really need me to say that this game isn't indicative of how good/bad we are? This is the worst we've looked all year because Stanford is really loving good, matches up really well against us, has dominated us for like the past 5 years, and got some demoralizing plays early so this game's been completely over since just past halftime so now our tired, beaten team is sleep walking through this.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

VDay posted:

I mean do you really need me to say that this game isn't indicative of how good/bad we are? This is the worst we've looked all year because Stanford is really loving good, matches up really well against us, has dominated us for like the past 5 years, and got some demoralizing plays early so this game's been completely over since just past halftime so now our tired, beaten team is sleep walking through this.

Hey you gave that guy his record. If your team is getting shithoused, at least feel good about the guys on the other team. :shobon:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

jesus christ jesse shut up.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
"So you're ok with them giving up?"

"They've already given up!"

Dang.

Also catch that ball you idiot

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

rebel1608 posted:

"So you're ok with them giving up?"

"They've already given up!"

Dang.

Also catch that ball you idiot

He's not wrong. If only we had gotten Oregon this year instead of Stanford :negative:

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

VDay posted:

I get that. I think Stanford is legitimately good and I'm not trying to rub it in. I just think UCLA looks bad beyond playing a good team bad.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

VDay posted:

He's not wrong. If only we had gotten Oregon this year instead of Stanford :negative:

You have stanford every year

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

warcrimes posted:

I don't follow college ball and just had this game on as background noise but holy poo poo that catch

Come on in. The water is fine.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Scrapez posted:

I get that. I think Stanford is legitimately good and I'm not trying to rub it in. I just think UCLA looks bad beyond playing a good team bad.

Yeah fair enough. We have a fun tendency to just completely and utterly implode whenever we poo poo the bed, so I guess I'm just used to us looking like a bad FCS team every once in a while.

The Glumslinger posted:

Oh god damnit that's right. I better go find some loving dragonballs then.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Stanford still throwing bombs? Harsh.

Edit: maybe most teams do that. I'm just used to Iowa getting ahead by 3 points and basically kneeling the rest of the game.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Haha that was weird as hell.

Grabbed that out of the safety's hands.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

The Glumslinger posted:

Hahaha, pac12 California school clause ftw

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

VDay posted:

Yeah fair enough. We have a fun tendency to just completely and utterly implode whenever we poo poo the bed, so I guess I'm just used to us looking like a bad FCS team every once in a while.

I feel each year UCLA has a game where they're down by 35 at some point, and a different game where they're up by 35 at some point. Like UA you keep blowing the doors off, and Stanford for the former.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scarf posted:

Smokin' trees?

Nah son, trees smokin you.

:weed:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm not complaining that PSU OSU is the 8 pm game, but there had to be a better option.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Sash! posted:

I'm not complaining that PSU OSU is the 8 pm game, but there had to be a better option.

All the fogeys will be too sleepy to jingle keys.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Tomorrow is a game Nebraska will finally win. I can feel it in my husker bones. :pray:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

wa27 posted:

Tomorrow is a game Nebraska will finally win. I can feel it in my husker bones. :pray:

I too hope Nebraska wins the coveted Bits of Broken Chair

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Cthulu Carl posted:

Oars and buckets and boots and canons are cool, but the Buts of Broken Chair is the real deal

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I went to the Wisconsin game last week and it's funny how much easier it is to take bad losses when you're there than when you're watching at home. There was a moment right after our fullback touchdown late in the 4th when we were lined up for a kickoff during a commercial break. The stadium was playing "Let Me Clear My Throat" and a couple of the players lined up were dancing to it. The crowd very slowly started getting into it, then the sideline, and after 2 minutes of buildup everyone was going crazy. I'm not sure if that came across on TV, but it was one of the coolest moments I've seen in the 30+ times I've been to Memorial Stadium.

And then it all came crashing down over the last 3 minutes, but it was nice to see the team and fans genuinely excited for a moment after everything this season.:unsmith:

wa27 fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 16, 2015

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Cthulu Carl posted:

I hope the chair never dies. Just have the mascots do it until the universities give in and recognize the trophy. I think it has a better chance than the Riot Bowl gas can.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I hope Nebraska actually acknowledges that chair and runs over to grab it if they win, because completely ignoring it and letting it die seems like a Nebraska thing.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Cthulu Carl posted:

Gendo would be proud.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

That is amazing

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Bah. So much hate for tubs, but I don't actually hate Cincy that much... Whereas BYU? gross.

Also getting Penn State commercials during a BYU v Cincy game. Odd.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Jessie Palmer is goddamned AWESOME and I can't even fathom the hate that gets projected by some of you.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Don't care much for Cincinnati and Tubs but a win for Cincy is a win for the American, so go Cincy

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
It's like Munchie Legeux never graduated

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Haha, dumbass Tuberville.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Go Cincinnati :getin:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
that byu receiver got lit up

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
U of H looking goooooooooooood.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
GREG WARD BITCH

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

This Tulane game might get ugly quick

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Korranus posted:

This Tulane game might get ugly quick

-anyone, 1999-present

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
The quality of Boise State's first quarter can only be matched by the sponsor of USU's stadium

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I can't believe I'm saying this but I kind of miss Tanner Lee at QB for Tulane.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wish Tulane could get a QB that is at least average or above average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

William Jackson just cost himself some NFL money whiffing on that blitz

• Locked thread