Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Improvisation (Promise), Swiftness for Move 5, check out the ruin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Goldyx levels, gaining a skill and an advanced action. The dungeon roll is red - artifact.

Goldyx draws:
White Crystal Craft: Once a round, get a blue crystal and a white mana token.
Freezing Power: Once a turn, gain +1 Siege Attack or +1 Ice Siege Attack.

Goldyx draws:
Emerald Ring: Gain a green mana token, a green crystal, and 1 Fame.
Bow of Starsdawn: Discard cards for 2 Ranged Attack each. +1 Fame per enemy killed this combat.

By CO, Krang knocks over a Glade. I don't... think there's anything stopping Krang from holding multiple enemy tokens? So there's that. Krang gains +1 Rep and an artifact, and a Healing Herb.

Krang draws:
Endless Gem Pouch: Gain two crystals.
Sapphire Ring: Gain a blue mana token, a blue crystal, and 1 Fame.

It is Braevelar's turn! The ruins are revealed as 3xRed.

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 0 deck. 2 red, 2 blue crystals. Remaining cards: 0 red, 0 green, 0 white, 0 blue.
Arythea (Stelas) - 5 hand, 1 deck.
Goldyx (cenotaph) - 0 hand, 6 deck, skill choice, artifact choice, action choice.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 2 hand, 6 deck, artifact choice.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 5 hand, 0 deck, 1 keep.
Unit Offer | Fame Tracker | Faction Leaders | Site Reference | Unit Reference (Main) | Unit Reference (Faction) | Faction Rewards

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

On-demand access to a white token is almost too good to pass up but I'm going to have to go with Dark Fire Magic, Blood Rage, and the Emerald Ring.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The Bow of Starsdawn would be hilarious with Sacrifice but it's basically a dead draw until then so it's kinda meh.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Song of Wind to explore NE. Sorry this turn is in so many parts.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Sapphire ring.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Stuff catches up.

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 0 deck. 2 red, 2 blue crystals. Remaining cards: 0 red, 0 green, 0 white, 0 blue.
Arythea (Stelas) - 5 hand, 1 deck.
Goldyx (cenotaph) - 5 hand, 3 deck.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 5 hand, 4 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 4 hand, 0 deck, 1 keep, plains/deserts/wastelands -1.
Unit Offer | Fame Tracker | Faction Leaders | Site Reference | Unit Reference (Main) | Unit Reference (Faction) | Faction Rewards

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

CO: If red die, Regenerate wound and draw. (If Tranquility, play to draw again.). Pause to reevaluate. If no red die, use black mana from glade to Regenerate wound.

Either way, Sapphire Ring for blue crystal, blue mana, and fame. Play March (powered) for Move 4, move to village and explore west.

Regardless of reveal, interact with village, turn in Fire Gem for a fame. End turn and level.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Did the dummy call end of round?

CO: Use blue mana (from source if available, otherwise a crystal) for powered Stamina + Swiftness to move to the desert NW of the Keep. Play the Emerald Ring to get a green crystal, use Crystal Joy with the green token to get a second green crystal, then discard Blood Rage to get Crystal Joy back.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Well, I've really mismanaged this round and turn (powering improv would have let me get to that mine).

Swiftness to explore.
If there's no rampaging green token next to me or village/monastery reachable with 2 move + song discount, end turn.
If green token: kill with Mass Explose (white die, black token from graveyard) and Determination if possible, using Vampiric Chalice to discard a wound.
If village: go there, trade Vampiric Chalice for a fame to level up.
If monastery: wait for offer.

e: re-read Vampiric Chalice.

rchandra fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Oct 26, 2015

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

cenotaph posted:

Did the dummy call end of round?

Not yet, but he's about to.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Braevelar uncovers the worst possible option.

Tovak calls End of Round!

I challenge the Graveyard. Shocktroops reduce the Pain Wrath's attack to 1. Threaten sideways to block it, removing Elusive. Take a hit from the Skeletons. Powered Rage from the source to kill the Wrath. Determination, Tome of All Spells sideways, Tranquility sideways for 4 to kill the Skeletons. Take 4 Fame, 2 Crusader tokens (Vial of Toxin, Amulet of Reawakening), and Whirlwind. Activate Illusionists for a white crystal.

Goldyx has to use a crystal from inventory.

Krang uses red from the source to regenerate... and draws another Wound. Also Gutter Owl meant Stamina, not March. And east. Ho ho ho. Krang levels and picks up a Command Token.

It is Braevelar's turn again except I'm not sure he has anything to do.

Phew, I think that's everything. Yell, if not.

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 0 deck. 2 red, 2 blue crystals. Remaining cards: 0 red, 0 green, 0 white, 0 blue. End of Round called!
Arythea (Stelas) - 3 hand, 0 deck.
Goldyx (cenotaph) - 4 hand, 0 deck.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 6 hand, 0 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 3 hand, 0 deck, 1 keep.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Yeah, all I could do is step SE. I'll hope for a friendly source / hand to get this altar next round.

rest, discard hand, end turn

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

I don't know what you're talking about.

The Atlantean Empire is clearly in the southern hemisphere, so north is down and west is right. Because that's exactly how hemispheres work.

You can't fool me. I went to college.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 26, 2015

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Gutter Owl posted:

The Atlantean Empire is clearly in southern hemisphere Moonside, so north is down and west is right.

Surely.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 2 END

The sun rises on the first day. The search for the leaders of the two factions is still on.

I'm ill so you don't get fancy catchups. Here's a new idea, at a whim: players, open question, what do you think of the choices you've made so far?

Arythea - 24 deck, 1 wound.

Deeds: Pathfinding, Temporal Portal, Agility, Dodge and Weave, Whirlwind, Call to Arms, Book of Wisdom, Tome of All Spells
Skills: Healing Ritual, Arcane Disguise
Units: Illusionists, Shocktroops
Rewards: Vial of Toxin, Amulet of Reawakening

I'm pretty happy with my deck. I'd like more actual offense in there - I'm a little heavy on utility - but that'll sort itself out in time somewhat what with the Book of Wisdom and Call to Arms around. Arcane Disguise was a bit of a guess and I could really use some crystals instead, but Goldyx had just got a ton of spells and it seemed like he'd need it more. Today I might look to cross over him, work my way towards the middle of the map and that monastery in order to get Ice Bolt or pick up something from the Maze.

Goldyx - 22 deck, 0 wounds.

Deeds: Intimidate, Blood Rage, Offering, Cure, Diplomacy, Emerald Ring
Skills: Green Crystal Craft, Dark Fire Magic
Units: Illusionists, Magic Familiars
Rewards: -

Krang - 24 deck, 2 wounds.

Deeds: Force of Nature, Ambush, Underground Travel, Amulet of the Sun, Sapphire Ring, Diamond Ring
Skills: Regenerate, Puppet Master
Units: Herbalists, Scouts
Rewards: Healing Herbs

Braevelar - 21 deck, 2 wounds.

Deeds: Mana Bolt, Song of Wind, Expose
Skills: Nature's Vengeance
Units: Utem Guardsmen
Rewards: Orb of Twilight, Vampiric Chalice

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 3 START

Please pick tactics in the order Braevelar, Goldyx, Arythea, Krang. Goldyx needs to pay for his Familiars.

Tovak chooses Early Bird.

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 18 deck. 2 red, 2 blue, 1 green crystals. Remaining cards: 4 red, 5 green, 5 white, 4 blue.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 5 hand, 16 deck, 1 keep.
Goldyx (cenotaph) - 5 hand, 17 deck.
Arythea (Stelas) - 5 hand, 19 deck.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 6 hand, 18 deck.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Kiiiinda wouldn't mind a Great Start? But really I have no preference.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Stelas posted:

Here's a new idea, at a whim: players, open question, what do you think of the choices you've made so far?
I wish I didn't have to fight the rampaging enemies since they're essentially speedbumps. I'm definitely looking to take more dungeons, mage towers and the like. I feel like I might be too heavily invested in mana as far as the percentage of my deck goes but hopefully I'll be able to pull of a big casting of Sacrifice when it counts. Diplomacy plus all the influence I have combined with Disease might be viable as well, I guess I'll find out. I certainly don't mind Dark Fire Magic but I would probably would have kept it if I were you. It's really good.

I wouldn't mind taking Planning again since I have Crystal Joy and will probably be keeping that plus another card around at the end of each turn anyway. Other than that I don't care except I definitely don't want Mana Steal for obvious reasons.

Put a white crystal on the Familiars.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Angling for a slow-attack strategy with block/Regen, with the occasional burst of Range/Siege for crowd-thinning. Could still swing harder towards Siege depending on cards.

Rings are good. Ambush is useful.

I might kick myself over passing up one of Krang's Big Three skills. But I also like Tovak skills. Have some numbers. I can say bigger numbers than you can numbers. Let's get Battle Frenzy and go be mean to some dragons.

Unit picks are pretty poo poo, probably should've picked up the Utem Crossbowmen over the Scouts. Let's see if I can fix that this next turn with some Golems.

---

Tactic is just a nicety this turn, I can take the leftovers. Prioritize Great Start/Planning/Rethink/Right Moment/Mana Steal.

CO: Pillage ASAP. Play Tranquility to draw a card.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 27, 2015

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Stelas posted:

I'm ill so you don't get fancy catchups. Here's a new idea, at a whim: players, open question, what do you think of the choices you've made so far?

I'm not a fan of my play in the night phase (the Improv thing costing two red crystals, not taking Preparation - Song of Wind to teleport away from that forest/swamp, not arranging to get another unit). I'm feeling a real desire for mana, and having two spells wasn't ideal (especially the greedy Mana Bolt). Possibly at the very start I should have taken the artefact path in the maze but dungeon enemies can be scary for level 1 characters. I'm not entirely sure what I'm working towards (ranged combat? mana bolt is only ranged half the time or less). What I really need is Diamond Ring for all the spells / white cards. Hook me up, Krang? Might try to take Goldyx's crystal skill since he took Arythea's, though there's an excellent chance I get one of my own mana skills.

Stelas posted:

Please pick tactics in the order Braevelar, Goldyx, Arythea, Krang. Goldyx needs to pay for his Familiars.

Mana Steal (red)
That, with a red or gold die, will let me claim the altar. Black will work too, using the faction token.

I'm a bit sad we don't have to remove tactics like we would in co-op conquest - there aren't enough for 4p co-op to do that but it can add some neat choices/pressures.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Planning

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'll grab Great Start I guess, leaving Krang to resolve Rethink before his turn (probably?)

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Rethink Tranquility, March, and Rage. Still pillaging.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tovak draws 5 cards! Eek!

It is Krang's turn!

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 13 deck. 2 red, 2 blue, 1 green crystals. Remaining cards: 2 red, 5 green, 3 white, 3 blue.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 6 hand, 18 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 5 hand, 16 deck, 1 keep.
Arythea (Stelas) - 5+2 hand, 17 deck.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Given the way the dummy's acting, I might snap up one of those Guardian Golems real quick.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

CO:

Concentration for a red token
Activate altar (token, stolen die, red crystal)
Crystallize (blue die) for a green crystal.
end turn, level up.

Probably taking crystal mastery unless I need another knight's skill.

Stelas I was thinking of going to that monastery next to grab monks/icebolt.

edit: want to cycle a card and shift mana

rchandra fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 27, 2015

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Gold die as green, Savage Harvesting (powered) for Move 4. SE-E to assault the Mage Tower, discarding Amulet of the Sun and Improvisation for a green crystal and a red crystal.

Play both Diamond Ring and Sapphire Ring for blue and white tokens, blue and white crystals, and +2 fame.

• If Monks or Fire Mages: Activate Herbalists for green mana, play Concentration (powered) for Force of Nature (powered+2) for Siege 5. Kill
  • If Illusionists, Ice Mages, or Sorcerers: As Monks/Fire Mages, plus activate Scouts for Siege 1 (6 total). Kill.
  • If Familiars: As Monks/Fire Mages, plus use white token to play Swiftness (powered) for Range 3 (8 total). Kill.
  • If Golems, wait until attack phase. Throw Herbalists under the bus, take remaining hit if Fire Golem. Then, same as for Familiars.

After combat, use blue token to Regenerate if needed.

Take Fireball as my reward.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Oct 27, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Krang's Mage Tower had an Illusionist.

Braevelar levels and gets a skill and an advanced action.

Braevelar draws:
Elemental Resistance: Once a turn, ignore either the next 2 points of damage assigned to your Hero from a single Fire or Ice attack, or 1 point of damage from any other form of attack.
Secret Ways: Once a turn, gain Move 1. You may enter mountains as a safe space at a move cost of 5. If you pay a blue mana you may enter lakes this turn at a move cost of 2, and they are considered a safe space at the end of this turn.

It is Goldyx's turn!

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 13 deck. 2 red, 2 blue, 1 green crystals. Remaining cards: 2 red, 5 green, 3 white, 3 blue.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 6 hand, 12 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 3 hand, 16 deck, 1 keep, skill choice, action choice.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'd kind of like that black die to stick around, oddly. I can also wipe out that rampaging dude same turn.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Awww, sadly I can't play Call to Arms and then immediately Reawakening it into my deck, because cards don't officially enter discard until the end of your turn. I guess I should wait to cast it 'til after that thing's dead and I have my third slot, then.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

CO for next turn:

If red die: Play Mana Draw.
If no red but white: Use white die, play Mana Draw (powered), turn either black or the most common color into red and get two red tokens.

In either case, challenge the Centaur. Cast Fireball for Range 5 and snipe him. Take his corpse for a puppet.

Use remaining mana (most common color die or remaining red token) to Regenerate the wound out of my hand. End turn.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Use the green crystal craft for a blue crystal and green token. Use the token for powered March and explore.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Hmm. If Goldyx heads for the mage tower, and Braevelar to the monastery, I should possibly reorient myself to that cut out part in the east. I've got Pathfinding so I could probably do a mad dash across the countryside, stopping in on the labyrinth on the way. It'll probably work out for me better, I don't have the mana to support spells so switching to artifact glades might be more appropriate.

Goldyx (cenotaph) - 4 hand, 17 deck.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Goldyx's crystal skill and glittering fortune (to load up at the monastery) are both tempting here. but then I lose Crystal Mastery, and Secret ways is certainly solid enough.

Glittering Fortune and Stout Resolve, let's try it!

e: speaking of artefact Glades, shouldn't that glade near you/goldyx be a graveyard?

rchandra fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 28, 2015

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Use the remaining two points of move to move adjacent to the mage tower, see what's in it.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

rchandra posted:

e: speaking of artefact Glades, shouldn't that glade near you/goldyx be a graveyard?

Urp. Yes. Sorry. The tokens are right, I just didn't lay the overlay down.

Update in a while, in training.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Goldyx has a peek.

Goldyx (cenotaph) - 4 hand, 17 deck.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Move into the mage tower with Swiftness plus sideways Determination, take the two wounds from the golems, then use the red from the source to play powered Blood Rage, taking another wound to make attack 9 and kill the golems. Use a blue crystal to use the strong effect of Crystal Joy to get a white crystal, then discard one of the wounds to take Crystal Joy back into my hand. Take Chill as the reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

It is Arythea's turn! Time to start moving towards somewhere a little bit more free.

Use the green die to power Concentration -> Pathfinding for 6 move and make all terrain costs 2, head 3 E to the maze. March, Stamina, Call to Arms sideways, Determination sideways, enter the 6 branch with the Shocktroopers. Hope I don't get a loving Shadow. It is a Werewolf. Yay! Pop it with Swiftness + Vial of Toxin using a white crystal. Arythea levels and picks up a command token.

Shame about Call to Glory, but there'll be other chances to use i--

Arythea draws:
Golden Grail: Heal 2. Gain 1 Fame per point of healing used this turn.
Amulet of Darkness: Gain a mana of any colour. If played during the day, deserts cost 3 movement and you may use black mana as if it were night.

Oh come on. Take the Amulet.

Tovak draws 4 cards.

Krang has a gold available:

quote:

If red die: Play Mana Draw.
In either case, challenge the Centaur. Cast Fireball for Range 5 and snipe him. Take his corpse for a puppet.
Use remaining mana (most common color die or remaining red token) to Regenerate the wound out of my hand. End turn.
Krang gets a Fire Gem.

It is Braevelar's turn!

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 9 deck. 2 red, 2 blue, 1 green crystals. Remaining cards: 1 red, 4 green, 3 white, 1 blue.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 6 hand, 9 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 5 hand, 15 deck, 1 keep.
Goldyx (cenotaph) - 5+1 hand, 15 deck.
Arythea (Stelas) - 6 hand, 12 deck.

• Locked thread