Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

CO: Rest, discarding both wounds. Use Crystal Joy to get another white crystal by using mana from the source in the following priority: blue, white, gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

What are you discarding for resting?

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
CO:

Take White/gold die (or white crystal), play Promise (powered) for Influence 4. Trade away Healing Herbs for Influence 3 (7 total). Hire Guardian Golems.

Discard Underground Travel, end turn.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Stelas posted:

What are you discarding for resting?

oops, Swiftness.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Stout Resolve (gold die), Wound, Determination for Move 6 to monastery. Interact.
Glittering Fortune, Threaten, Vampiric Chalice for Influence 8 -1 = 7. Recruit Savage Monks.
Orb of Twilight for 1 Fame.
end turn

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Braevelar does that.

Goldyx rests up.

Use Amulet of Reawakening. Realize that Amulet of Reawakening fucks up when playing as the Game Moderator. Random draw is Concentration, I'll just have to remember it's at the bottom of my deck. Tome of All Spells discarding Temporal Portal to use Mist Form. White die to play Agility for a total of move 8, move SE / E / SE, explore E. Stare at tile, squint. Apologise to Krang. Play Threaten and Promise sideways, move to village. Pillage during Tovak's turn.

(That labyrinth is going down next turn.)

Tovak mercifully draws 3 cards.

It is Bravelar's turn! Again! Holy gently caress the speed this game is going at!

Note to self, you forgot your Rep -1. Go fix that.

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 6 deck. 2 red, 2 blue, 1 green crystals. Remaining cards: 1 red, 2 green, 2 white, 1 blue.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 6 hand, 7 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 5 hand, 11 deck, 1 keep.
Goldyx (cenotaph) - 5+1 hand, 11 deck.
Arythea (Stelas) - 6+2 hand, 5 deck.
Unit Offer | Fame Tracker | Faction Leaders | Site Reference | Unit Reference (Main) | Unit Reference (Faction) | Faction Rewards

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

It's not guaranteed but I have Whirlwind/Tornado in hand and the black mana from the Amulet of Darkness. Provided I don't draw fuckin' Dragon Summoners I'm in good shape to waltz in without a care and blow up a dragon. If I do draw the Summoners I'm entertainingly hosed, but on balance it's worth it.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Dropbox is having some syncing issues - if things look wrong, leave it for a bit and they should sort themselves out.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

S'cool. I got some time to kill cleaning these ruins, and I'll waltz through the desert at night.

Which branch of the labyrinth are you looking at taking?

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Challenge zombies.
March (gold die) to run around the attacks.
Rage, Savage Monks for Attack 5 to re-kill them.
end turn, level up, fix rep

draw influence card please, otherwise I might have to burn it all down.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Krang CO:

If white or gold die, play March for move 2. Move to ruins and enter.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Goldyx CO: Use white (preferably from the source) to play powered Promise and use the Illusionists to gain 8-1=7 influence and pay a red crystal to buy Burning Shield. Use a green crystal to cast Cure and heal 2 from the discard pile.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Of course Cure was the next loving card in my deck. :argh:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Gutter Owl posted:

S'cool. I got some time to kill cleaning these ruins, and I'll waltz through the desert at night.

Which branch of the labyrinth are you looking at taking?

If I'm going to go stupid I might as well go full stupid. I mean if I run into something I can't Destroy I'm hosed either way so I may as well burn hand to make the 6.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm also probably going to be stalled by all the rampaging crap around but it'll hopefully be worth it.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Stelas posted:

If I'm going to go stupid I might as well go full stupid. I mean if I run into something I can't Destroy I'm hosed either way so I may as well burn hand to make the 6.

Cool. I was gonna follow up if you took the 4, but I'm already gonna be set for spells.

EDIT: Also, looks like it's your turn.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

man I was travelling into work give me a break here

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

no

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

cenotaph posted:

Use a green crystal to cast Cure and heal 2 from the discard pile.

Err. Are you allowed to do that? I thought the only thing that could heal from a discard pile was a glade.

e: I had to check for the sake of my sanity and yeah, Heal can only affect your hand or units.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Stelas posted:

Err. Are you allowed to do that? I thought the only thing that could heal from a discard pile was a glade.

e: I had to check for the sake of my sanity and yeah, Heal can only affect your hand or units.

Woops, then just discard it. Sorry I keep messing up.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

cenotaph posted:

Woops, then just discard it. Sorry I keep messing up.

No worries, this game is preternaturally smooth. I just got confused and needed a clarification. ('gently caress, I didn't know that' is the catchphrase for Mage Knight PBPs)

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Stelas posted:

No worries, this game is preternaturally smooth. I just got confused and needed a clarification. ('gently caress, I didn't know that' is the catchphrase for Mage Knight PBPs)

I haven't played in quite a while so I don't feel too bad about it but I'm a bit embarrassed.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Braevelar gets another Orb of Twilight and levels, gaining a command token.

Goldyx has a ton of white available in the source so his CO goes off.

Use the Illusionists to gain a white crystal. Play the Amulet of Darkness for a black mana, etc etc. Use a red from the source to play Powered Improvisation discarding Tranquility to move to the labyrinth. Realize you hosed up your maths. DO-OVER! Try again: Use the Illusionists to gain a white crystal. Use a red from the source to play Powered Improvisation discarding Rage to move to the labyrinth. Play Tranquility to heal my Wound. Labyrinth next turn instead.

Tovak again draws just 3 cards. Everyone has a guaranteed 3 turns left this round. (Upcoming turns, then Tovak draws to 0, then turns, then Tovak calls EOR, then turns.)

By CO, Krang enters the ruins.

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 3 deck. 2 red, 2 blue, 1 green crystals. Remaining cards: 1 red, 1 green, 0 white, 1 blue.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 5 hand, 7 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 6 hand, 8 deck, 1 keep.
Goldyx (cenotaph) - 5+1 hand, 10 deck.
Arythea (Stelas) - 6 hand, 3 deck.
Unit Offer | Fame Tracker | Faction Leaders | Site Reference | Unit Reference (Main) | Unit Reference (Faction) | Faction Rewards

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Waiting a turn is probably for the best, because gently caress if I'm taking Decompose, I don't have the Crystals to take Crystal Mastery, and taking Training when I already have the Book of Wisdom would make me feel incredibly dirty.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Crack a blue crystal. Activate Guardian Golems for Ice Block 4. Block first Familiar attack. Golems intercept second Familiar attack, taking a wound after Brutal.

Scouts intercept Shadow, taking a wound. 2 damage rolls over to Krang, giving him a wound.

Crack a red crystal, play Rage (powered) for Attack 4. Take white die, play Swiftness (powered) for Ranged Attack 3 (7 total). Kill Familiars.

Crack a white crystal, play Swiftness (powered) for Ranged Attack 3, plus Stamina (sideways) + Stamina (sideways) for Attack 1 each (5 total). Discard Ice Elemental to Puppet Master for Ice Attack 3 (8 total). Kill Shadow.

After combat, crack a blue crystal to Regenerate away the wound. Take Mist Form and four crystals as my reward.

Sum total: +1 green crystal, -1 blue crystal, break even white/red crystals. +9 Fame and level. Mist Form as spell reward. Scouts and Golems wounded/spent, no wound in hand.

Double check my math?

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 28, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Looks good to me.

Krang wipes out a ruin, gaining a spell, 4 crystals, and 9 Fame.

Predictably, Krang levels, and draws an advanced action and a skill.

Krang draws:
Spirit Guides: Once a turn, gain 1 Move and you may add 1 to any Block within the Block phase.
Shamanic Ritual: Flip this token to gain 1 mana token of any colour. You may unflip this skill as your action.

It is Braevelar's turn!

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 3 deck. 2 red, 2 blue, 1 green crystals. Remaining cards: 1 red, 1 green, 0 white, 1 blue.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 0 hand, 8 deck, action choice, skill choice.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 6 hand, 8 deck, 1 keep.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

(Despite what I said earlier I'm still so tempted to angle for Training if the labyrinth dragon drops enough Fame. Because I'm completely shameless, you see.)

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Ech. Bit of a mediocre choice.

Take Shamanic Ritual and Training.

EDIT: Whoops. Sorry Stelas. How bad do you need the Training? 'Cuz I can pass on it if you've got a strategy in mind.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 28, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I really, really don't need it at all. Feel free.

e: Well, I mean. The 'strategy' is 'I wonder how many base cards I can trash like an idiot, poo poo let's be Tovak in terms of low mana levels'.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Cool. If I luck out and draw Crystalize in my next hand, and you don't pull a High Dragon/Dragon Summoner, I'll clear out that Crystal Mastery and try to get you a better selection. (Plus, we'll be able to feed Decompose to Tovak.)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

tbh I might actually take Decompose, I don't fancy giving Tovak a red all that much and I'm in the rare situation where it'd actually be vaguely useful (I can happily burn my influence cards for instance)

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Friendly chat with the monks.
Promise (white die), Glittering Fortune, Rage, Swiftness, faction token for influence 13, get Red Cape Monks and Ice Bolt.
end turn

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

rchandra posted:

Friendly chat with the monks.
Promise (white die), Glittering Fortune, Rage, Swiftness, faction token for influence 13, get Red Cape Monks and Ice Bolt.
end turn

I think that's 12: 4 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 3.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

arrg. I can't count. Let's try a slightly different approach then:

Swiftness to explore.

If not next to a monster:
Neutral chat with the monks.
Rage, Promise (white die), Glittering Fortune for Influence 8, get Ice Bolt and heal the wound.
end turn

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Braevelar has found the Necropolis! I'm not sure when enemies on there are revealed - let's go with the same rules as a city, for now.

It is Goldyx's turn!

Krang (Gutter Owl) - 6 hand, 3 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 6 hand, 5 deck, 1 keep.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 29, 2015

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Hey Stelas, can I get my new hand please? I'm still looking at zero cards.

EDIT: And my Training is still in the offer.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

man I guess

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Offer and Krang's hand updated. Yeah, I'm pretty much taking Decompose if it comes to that.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

CO: Start of turn, flip Shamanic Ritual for a red mana, use it to Regenerate and draw a card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Use the Familiars to move into the graveyard and engage the enemies. Play Mana Draw to use blue and black from the source to play Lethal Chill on the Skeletal Warriors, preventing them from attacking and dropping their armor to 1. Use Dark Fire Magic to get a red crystal and a black token, use both of those to play Exploding Shield on the Mummies, blocking them and destroying them. Use Rage to kill the Skeletal Warriors.

After liberating it, I can use the glade to throw away a wound in the discard pile, I think? If so then do that.

Take Demolish as the reward because I sure don't have enough spells.

• Locked thread