Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Why should the wheelchair ones get all the representation? It's time for hookhand ones to get the spotlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Why should the wheelchair ones get all the representation? It's time for hookhand ones to get the spotlight.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

lol

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

contrapants posted:

I may have misunderstood the OP.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm horrible at arting, but the new symbol should be a rainbow of some sort, to promote unity.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

Three-Phase posted:

Handicapped Friday?

lovely attempt
lovely post
lovely poster
repeating my previous suggestion you stop posting and/or get caught in an arc flash.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

two forty posted:

lovely attempt
lovely post
lovely poster
repeating my previous suggestion you stop posting and/or get caught in an arc flash.

can you link us the thread where he was mean to you

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Tujague posted:

can you link us the thread where he was mean to you

slightly interested myself

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

two forty posted:

lovely attempt
lovely post
lovely poster

I hate fat people because of their life choices when I make pizzas for a living because I am a loving loser child.

lol

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

An X-ray of this dude must look like tora bora

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMZA9a_jx3Q

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Does anyone here speak jive?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

quote:

In May 2015, the Federal Highway Administration rejected the new design for use on signs in the United States, citing the fact that it has not been adopted or endorsed by the U.S. Access Board, the agency responsible for developing the federal criteria for accessible design. The International Standards Organization, which established the regular use of the original symbol under ISO 7001, has also rejected the new design.[11]

gee i wonder why

maybe because it's a sign the whole point of which is sending a message about things other than traffic rules and directions, which by definition makes it unfit to be a road sign or disability access indicator?

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

blowfish posted:

gee i wonder why

maybe because it's a sign the whole point of which is sending a message about things other than traffic rules and directions, which by definition makes it unfit to be a road sign or disability access indicator?

yeah what the gently caress

thanks for laying down the law bro

let's scoff at these fools together

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

blowfish posted:

gee i wonder why

Wtf are you trying to say

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
The new wheely guy hasn't been accepted by the standards agencies that's it

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
It's like how when they redesign a sports team with an animal they slant the animal to the right and make it angry looking. They did the same thing here.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Tujague posted:

yeah what the gently caress

thanks for laying down the law bro

let's scoff at these fools together

:agreed:

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
Did you draw that with a freaking etch-a-sketch?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
it needs to be redesigned to broaden what covers handicapped. Are you using a wheelchair? Motorized Wheelchair? Walker? Cane? Have muscle/nervous/cardiopulminary issues? Honestly sort of surprised they haven't created sub-categories, yet, to restrict spaces exclusively to specific conditions, as a lot of stores have 'new moms/expectant mother' restricted parking.

I saw a pair of women with handicap tags on their cars getting into a shouting match with one another over their conditions and why it was inappropriate for one of them to take a space because their condition wasn't as serious/visible as the others.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

We should show every kind of disability humanly possible on that sign. A block of hundreds of 0.5cmx0.5cm pictograms and some 4 point text on the bottom will ensure the public understands the sign.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

I am the failing suspension camber on the front of the poor scooter.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Hooded Reptile posted:

I am the failing suspension camber on the front of the poor scooter.

nah that still looks below 300kg

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
There is no reason disabled people can't do what we abled people do:

Swimming

Cooking

Sky Diving

e: Added context

spud fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 17, 2015

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

I've got it!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

That new sign reminds me of the Turbo Mennonite in her carbon fiber race chair speeding up and down McKinley at Ball State back in the 90s-00s.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

With the new handicap symbol people won't feel as bad if they park in a handicap spot.

"Look at that fucker go they're leaning forward and probably zooming around at like 10 mph."

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Bored fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 17, 2015

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I think this is to help promote the sport of wheelchair racing

I mean if we don't encourage wheelchair races, how can we bet on wheelchair races?

its all about the free market

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Applewhite posted:

In this one, the handicapped man is laying down some sweet dunks against a "normal" person, showcasing just what it means to be a modern handicapped man on the go.

lmao

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

man, goatse is going extreme.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

"Some disability rights activists believe the new symbol implies prejudice toward people with serious disabilities.

"The old symbol leaves everything up to the imagination," said Cathy Ludlum, a Connecticut disability rights activist who has a neuromuscular disorder and controls her motorized wheelchair by using three fingers. "The new symbol seems to say that independence has everything to do with the body, which it isn't. Independence is who you are inside.""

Yeah this was another thought i had when I saw the new symbol, like it seems like it would almost be even more discriminatory to the least mobile of handicapped people. Imagine waking up in a hospital bed after a horrific accident paralyzed from the neck down and getting rolled in a wheelchair past one of these updated signs.

imagine getting bullied by wheelchair jocks. i mean dudes in wheelchairs that can almost use stairs WITHOUT impediment. guys who can go up hills almost as ably as they roll down them. dudes who are always banging hot wheelchair babes. drat. that has got to suck

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

no poo poo i legitimately laughed out loud at this for a good while thanks man :)

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

where did this get posted lmaao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

• Locked thread