Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
For the spergiest of spergy FF playing goons: here's a thread to talk about Individual Defensive Players.

WDIS, news, debating whether Watt is worth a 1.1 still, bitching about the meltdown that is the Miami front 7... let's have at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

Anubis posted:

For fill in players, I personally like to pick up high volume players on teams who's offenses can't stay on the field. Quantity over quality for tackles. What's your preferred fill in strategy? Go after bad QB matchups? Look for bad weather conditions maybe?

Depends on the position but yeah, usually I find it's best to play matchups since there's relatively less IDPs that meet the DSYS rule overall.

For instance, with DEs / rush OLBs: anyone playing against SF is going to get a ton of points. Similarly with safeties and the Lions. For instance I just picked up Adrian Amos (Bears FS) vs the Lions to start over Morgan Burnett (who'll probably sit on the bench yet again, rubbing that hamstring and watching Hyde and Ha-Ha take his job away from him)

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

Leperflesh posted:

Does anyone have a good source for IDP injury news? I check rotoworld but they often just repost tweets and stuff. There's also the NFL injury report, but that only gives a status. What I want is some insight as to whether someone who is Questionable is actually likely to play or not.

Usually the local beat reporters who attend the practices can give you a good sense for that sort of thing. Search the player's name in Google News, and sort by date. Sometimes it's useful (i.e. Burnett might sit out this week and thru the bye) and sometimes it's... well, the Patriots.

You can also go the paid article route... Doc Bramel with Footballguys is invaluable when it comes to both injury assessment and IDPs, at least judging by all the free stuff (and his Twitter) that I've read.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

Leperflesh posted:

Dont'a Hightower is Out. I grabbed some Charger named Donald Butler. Is he good? I hope he's good.

Ssssssorta. He's only on the field maybe 2/3rds of the time (plus some special teams play), but the matchup against GB is decent. If there's no 3-down options on the wire, he'll have to do.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

Leperflesh posted:

Dont'a Hightower is apparently a gametime decision (ribs). He practiced, but last week he practiced and then didn't play. Yahoo thinks labels the matchup against the Jets as red - but it seems to me that a tough running team is more likely to generate LB tackles. If Hightower doesn't start, Jamie Collins' score probably goes up a notch or two.

So I'm hoping :)

Also Yahoo's predictions never should be paid much credence, of course

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

old dog child posted:

Using my #1 waiver on Wilhoite and Wake paid off so much better than any offensive player I've grabbed off the wire :allears:

For most of the afternoon, Wake was my highest scoring player. That was interesting.

Not sure how you'll feel about Wilhoite down the line though, dude's getting blown out in coverage and that's what Hodges (who the Niners traded to get from the Vikings) does really good, so...

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

old dog child posted:

I just need him to last until Kiko is back in my life

e: or I might pick up Vincent Rey again but I am also not sure what kind of knee injury he sustained e2: or is it ankle? I can't find any news on this guy

Likewise, so we'll probably have to wait until Tuesday practices to see how he's doing.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

Leperflesh posted:

Clowney had a big day. Do you guys think he's startable now?

Hard to say. Isn't Miami's o-line (along with Tannehill's awareness of the pash rush) comically bad? Haven't been watching Miami much tbh.

In other news, currently 7-0 in the 16-team dynasty w/ IDPs league that I run. What's a good gif of a villain triumphantly laughing that I could use as my team av for the duration of this week?

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
Best I think you can generally do in that direction is give points for stuffs/tackles for losses. I added points for that recently, made it roughly worth a sack, and it's definitely made DL worth paying more attention to. Helps gives rushing OLBs a bit extra value as well.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
Ogletree is IR-R but yeah, you're set there for awhile at least.

How many people are rolling with JPP out of desperation and/or insanity this week?

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
Eric Kendricks is out this week. Pick up Audie Cole if you need a somewhat decent replacement. He'll probably play the majority of downs, if not all.

edit: :doh: I am not smart.

Professor Moriarty fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 8, 2015

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

Epi Lepi posted:

Is Jonathan Anderson not expected to see the field this week? Yahoo has him projected for 0. Is he depth behind someone coming back from injury or is he hurt himself?

Obviously you should play him. Or drop him for Daryl Washington, who I hear is a very hot commodity! :q:

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/668477235410530305

quote:

Fox's Jay Glazer said suspended #AZCardinals LB Daryl Washington has "continued to have violations" while in the NFL drug program.

Several years ago I traded Daryl Washington for Andrew Luck and I think a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I still remind the former Luck owner about this whenever I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
Just traded a 2016 4th round pick for Te'o. Might be worth sounding out other Te'o owners if they're willing to give him up, since he's pretty much going to be a 3-down player.

Amusingly enough I traded a very broken (at the time) Sean Lee for a 4th to this same guy 2 years ago... Hard to say who came out ahead now.

Professor Moriarty fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 4, 2015

• Locked thread